Republic Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Maintenance Supervisor"

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Billings, MT

I have been working at Republic Services (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits.

Cons

Sometimes it seems over structured, limited input and flexibility in purchasing, and products we use.

2. "Good Company, Big Changes"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company is working towards positive, measurable changes to improve operations, employee engagements, leadership and image. Time will tell how well we do.

Cons

Can be very resistant to change at local levels, under funded at times and often the reasoning behind changes\expectations is not made clear to those on the ground doing the action so buy-in is often lip service at best.

Advice to Management

Truly communicate to employees, stop making excuses, do a real root cause analysis and make actual changes. Actually implement the rule that we will live the 5Rs or you can get off the bus.

3. "good"

I worked at Republic Services full-time

Pros

easy work, good people, big office

Cons

low pay, no advancement, little communication

4. "Residential (rear loader) waste collection.Bad overall experience."

Former Employee - Residential Driver in Massillon, OH
    Former Employee - Residential Driver in Massillon, OH

I worked at Republic Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If we can say the paycheck.You get to eat and drink every Friday if someone don't tear up something during the week,reimbursement for boots.There are not a lot pros in my facility.

Cons

Hard work not enough appreciated by the management.Toxic environment to work negative energy,backstabbing as always.I don't recommend the Massillon Ohio facility at all bad equipment unsafe to operate.They make you finish the route in 8 to 9 hours but that's not possible when you are by yourself with 300+ stops,oriented on cutting hours by the old rule more for us less for you.Save the plastic don't do trash that's my advice to the other people trying to get inside.The old guys inside say trash won't get any better.Residential waste collection(rear loader) in one word PAIN I lost a month here.Not worth for the CDL A driver.If you have a family and want to be home every night and smell the trash it's good for you,you have to sacrifice something I guess,I don't know how are you going to spend time with your family when you work 14 hours a day and come dead tiered home.Very physical it's labor job.

Advice to Management

I don't give advices for free.People are paid inside of the company to do that.

"You don't have a right to complain if your a female!!"

Current Employee - Residential Driver in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Residential Driver in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has some great things to offer.

Cons

I am a current employee at the Republic Services in Kansas city, KS and when I tell you it's a struggle I mean it's a struggle!!! I am the only female driver in the residential department. I was put with this trainer who made racial statements as well as sexual statements to me on a daily basis. He practiced unsafe acts daily, I went to my immediate supervisor about this, asking if i could ride with someone else and he said NO! o as the next few days went by I could feel the tension between the trainer and myself but the sexual and racial statements didn't stop in fact they were full throttle. So I emailed the manager above my supervisor with my concerns and the next morning he asked me about my concerns outside at the common smoking area and when i told them to him , his response " oh don't worry about it the trainer is a good guy!" So at this point I knew nothing was going to be done about this. So i moved forward by calling the awareness line! About a day or so later, all the retaliation started, I couldn't get my training, also, they had me doing a different job which wasn't too bad but it wasn't what i was hired for. This job became extreme because I could tell they were working to get me to quit but there was no way, I have a family to take care of. So when that tactic didn't work they sent me to another site(where i didn't apply at) put me with a guy who has been with the company for over 20 yrs and my supervisor told me this guy was going to train me. So after I learned as much as I could from this guy the guy told me I was ready to checked off on my training. I called my Supervisor and told him this and he states to me that this driver doesn't have the authority to request I be checked off!! So then I'm put in the truck with the BTW and after the week i', with him another Supervisor rides with me (I thought to check me off) and he states he can't check me off because my supervisor isn't ready for me to be checked off. So as i'm leaving Friday I asked 2 supervisors where to i go to work at on Monday and they both replied I don't know call your Supervisor. I called my Supervisor and got no answer Friday nor Saturday. o I texted him Sunday and he states report to the other Supervisor at the other site. o i texted the other Supervisor and he replies, Get with your Supervisor. When I say these people are unethical, unprofessional, and very discriminatory, I mean it. How sad is it that I used the tools which where given to me and I was sent away from where I applied(in order to keep the previous trainer happy), I've been held back on getting my training, I've been blackballed and pigeon holed as the company snitch, i've been sent to a facility where there's no women locker room!!!! really sad!! I hope I don't get fired for posting this review!!

Advice to Management

Stop discriminating, being unethical also bias.

6. "employee"

I have been working at Republic Services full-time

Pros

everything is a pro i love the company.

Cons

nothing the company hasnt showed any cons yet

Advice to Management

n/a

7. "Customer Resource Associate"

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work!! Weekends off!! Great People!! Career Advancement!!! Laid back place!! 22 PTO DAYS IN A YEAR!! Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are major holidays which means no work!!

Cons

No tuition reimbursement, rates on health benefits can be MUCH BETTER ITS EXPENSIVE, they do not pay time and a half on working hoildays, benefits should be made available much sooner than 90 days people have kids, last company I worked for paid some of daycare for kids ((dependent care reimbursement)), also company stocks were given and made available to cash out every year around vesting time Republic services wants you to buy theirs...... training can be better it's definitely out of order

8. "Forgotten people"

I have been working at Republic Services full-time

Pros

Steady work, meet great customers, great brotherhood among drivers

Cons

Drivers are treated as slaves, no real family time because they want you to work sun up to sun down, no real room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Your drivers are the lifeline of this company you should appreciate them more like home you glorify your management & sale understand without those drivers doing what they do your sales & management wouldn't be worth nothing.

9. "Texas"

Current Employee - Division Manager in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Division Manager in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team being assembled in BU, and in Texas in general

Cons

Still too many silos and lack of teamwork across functions

Advice to Management

Keep emphasizing: safety, alignment, business acumen, and consistent processes

Republic Services Response

Jul 13, 2017 – VP Talent Acquistion

Always a lot going on in Texas. Thanks for your feedback.

10. "Roll off truck driver"

Current Employee - Roll Off Driver in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Roll Off Driver in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for republic services because they care about their employees your not just a number all of the upper management that I have talked to know me by name.

Cons

Getting up really early but that's not really a down because you get off earlier

Republic Services Response

Jul 13, 2017 – VP Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your feedback. Differentiation starts with our people.

Showing 1,153 of 1,171 reviews