Reputation.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Shrey Bhatia

Pros
  • Other pros include free lunch on MWF, great benefits & compensation, supportive co-workers, flexible schedules, PTO, & snacks in the office (in 21 reviews)

• Everyone works hard, but most of the execs have families so they respect work life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • There has been high turnover for a variety of reasons, some of which no longer apply (in 6 reviews)

• Reputation's turnover rate is extremely high for the industry (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Leadership Great Vision"

Pros

The program works, if you work the program :) Meaning: If you give it your very best, if you work hard, make yourself heard, don't rest on your laurels, don't take advantage of the extras, and genuinely care about your future here, as well as that of the company, you will go far. Too many can't handle the freedom, need more structure, and blame management when they don't fit in to a start-up climate.

Reputation.com has taken the lead on some of the most innovative SaaS technologies and implemented them to help the online reputations of some of the most influential businesses on the planet. I am extremely proud to be a part of it.

I was offered a promotion within the first year and am extremely grateful for the inspirational management team that have taken action on their employees insights and fostered a relationship of vision towards betterment of the industry.

It takes a strong person, someone willing to go above and beyond, to succeed in this type of environment. There are many who won't make the cut - take their reviews with a few grains of salt. We are constantly striving to find employees who are worthy of the "perks" and hire people who are going to give it their all. Pay and benefits are far above average, work-life balance is beyond mainstream, the current staff is exceedingly superior to comparable businesses, and the higher-ups are incomparably ambitious.

I would recommend Reputation.com as a stable and enjoyable place to work to anyone I know. I would ask my Grandmother to work here and know she would be taken care of. I would ask my best friend to work here and know she would prosper. As a matter of fact, I have made many friends here, thanks to the casual and cross-departmental environment encouraged.

Our product is strong, our people committed, our growth is steady, and we can only imagine ourselves thriving. We see ceilings and break through them. With the right people, we can be unstoppable.

Cons

Haven't found one yet. We are vocal and engaged. If there is a con, we work to turn it around.

Advice to Management

A bit more transparency would be nice, but the lack of is understood - We can't all see the man behind the curtain. We trust he is doing what is needed.

Sep 12, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

Glad you're enjoying your time here! Keep up the great work!

"A Few Kinks, But Great Team Overall"

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for Reputation.com for more than a year, and have yet to have the "a-ha" moment that I've experienced in other companies, where you finally realize all that is wrong with the company. Yes, as a startup, there are some flaws, such as gaps in communication and organization. However, overall, the company is moving in a great direction and takes great care of its employees. You get unlimited PTO, Meals are covered 3 days a week (and they're actually tasty!), The location is convenient, parking is free, and you have lots of opportunities to let off steam. HR is pretty good about scheduling happy hours and company events such as a summer picnic, Christmas Party, trips to the movies, Cinco de Mayo Margarita party, etc. Overall it's a great place to work.

Cons

It's difficult to ignore how few women are in Director level and above positions. The C-Suite is all men- many of whom have worked together at previous companies before Reputation.com. It's hard for women (or anyone else) to break into that group. To a certain extent, it feels like a 'boy's club'. Sometimes they talk down to lower management and employees.

Also, people are sort of losing their minds with limited office space right now, but the impending move should improve that.

Advice to Management

- Hire more women into leadership positions
    - Get a bigger office space

"Exciting Start-Up Atmosphere, with Proven Success and Stability"

Current Employee - Enterprise Adr in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Enterprise Adr in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Speaking for the Enterprise-ADR role, Reputation.com is a exciting, fast paced, and overall attractive company to work for.
    While their main office is in Redwood City, upper management has done a great job making sure their Tempe office is integrated into every day work, through virtual meetings and conference calls.
    It seems that Reputation has successfully found the balance of continuing the growth and feel of a start-up company, while removing the risk and uncertainty that usually tags along in other start up companies.
    If you are self motivated, disciplined, and operate best in a relaxed structure, this is a great place for you. If you tend to need guidance and micromanagement to keep you on track, this is not the place for you. Management sets the goals, and it's up to you to get yourself or your team there.
    Other pros include free lunch on MWF, great benefits & compensation, supportive co-workers, flexible schedules, PTO, & snacks in the office.

Cons

None, that I can think of.

5. "Fast paced!"

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is customer focused, data driven, and extremely high paced. There is a solid team dedicated to doing right by the customers. The engineers are smart and deliver for our customers every few weeks.

It is very nice to work for a company that provides real benefits to their customers. Reputation isn't just fluff.

Everyone works hard, but most of the execs have families so they respect work life balance.

Cons

Hypergrowth startups aren't for everyone. The environment requires initiative, and there is a lot of work to simultaneously support our customers, grow the business and invest in the future. Not for the faint of heart!

This is an enterprise software company, and that also isn't for everyone. If you are looking for lavish parties at the expense of VCs, this isn't the right place.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great little company -- good people, good work, nice culture and a fast moving start up environment.

Cons

Lots of work to be done, but nothing you would not expect from a start up.

"Upbeat place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Reputation.com (More than a year)

Pros

Company really goes out of the way to create an upbeat workplace. Great perks, good managers, strong HR department. Very friendly people and respect for work life balance and the omnipresent food and snacks.

Cons

seating can be challenging. Company is growing and space is limited

"This is a real review."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Reputation.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Caltrain pass.
    Free lunches and snacks.
    Unlimited PTO.
    Great location.

Cons

I find it very entertaining to read the fake positive reviews written on this site by HR. Anyone with common sense can easily distinguish the fake vs the real reviews. How can the reviews be so far apart on the spectrum? Reputation was one of the most unorganized companies I have worked for. After 10 years in business you would think they have their stuff together or at least an star stellar product. The products are barely taking off and I would not recommend it to people or businesses. Customers file complaints and demand refunds all the time. The sales department is definitely slacking because they hire anyone and throw them in the water to sell. This is the case in many departments. There is no proper training. I was fortunate to have a wonderful manager while I was there and we both agreed, along with our team, that this place was a mess. Luckily we all have moved on from Reputation.

Michael Fertik may not be the CEO anymore but he is still around. I have witnessed him be-little employees and it was very appalling the way he treated people.

If you are considering a job here, I would truly reconsider. Reputation's turnover rate is extremely high for the industry. People drop like flies whether is voluntary or involuntary.

"A Bit Of Honesty & Consumer-Facing Consistently Would Go A Long Way"

I worked at Reputation.com full-time

Pros

The free lunches you are encouraged to work through, in an effort to maintain work throughout the day and keep you in the building.

Cons

I'm here to comment on one thing: Despite what HR responses say, Michael Fertik (the CEO) DOES routinely ask individuals in the office, in whispered voice, to write reviews on Glassdoor and encourage like-minded friends to do so. I was the company's first social media manager - I've very successfully moved on and have no dog in this fight other than to say that I was directly asked to do this, by Michael Fertik, on three separate occasions in one month. I never did. I was fired when I failed to do this. After four promotions in two years and heading up / revitalizing three different departments.

Their privacy product - rather they want to be known as Reputation, ReputationDefender, MyPrivacy, oDesk-on-the-sly, or some other product marketplace manipulation - has been through no less than four rebrandings in as many years. Why? A few years ago it started being outsourced overseas to India. Again: Reputation.com outsources their privacy work to India. Great for some things, not privacy.

The second prong of my firing was bringing this to Fertik's attention - he feigned ignorance of the situation, seemed to understand my concern and protest for the ethics of this particular outsourcing.

Folks, if you have self-respect, work at literally any other sales or tech start-up. I never engaged in their behavior, and things turned south fast when, in an effort to be profitable, they started pulling all the above games.

It was a stellar company with a great vision before the greed set in. Now it's not. Go find a true, revolutionary company in the City or SV that doesn't still play "start up" ten years later. You're going to get burnt at worst, have trouble sleeping at best.

Sep 19, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback! I think you'll find that things have changed quite a bit in the past two years since your departure. First, we have a new corporate structure and two new CEOs in place ... More

"I literally come back to look at Rep.com reviews once in a while to laugh."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Reputation.com full-time

Pros

Free lunch...but there isn't really isn't such a thing as a free lunch.

Cons

I worked for them for a short time, but sensed something was very wrong within the first 3 months of my time there, so I quit abruptly, even though I had no other job lined up. I am certain it was the right decision, especially after seeing the horrible reviews here month after month, countered, of course, by the glowingly artificial 'great' reviews (does anyone really express themselves naturally how they are written?) that are obviously fakes.

It's your choice, but you can do better just looking elsewhere without any inopportune headaches or leftover heartburn. After walking away being told I just didn't meet their standards (joke), I now have a job that pays twice what my salary was there. I also understand how precarious the future of the company is, given the way they actually make their money after researching them (should have done it the first time) long and hard.

Advice to Management

Best get into the next leg of the venture fast.

Sep 12, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

We are glad you've found a role that better suits you after your departure from ReputationDefender, our Consumer subsidiary. We do not solicit or directly post false reviews to Glassdoor, but often ... More

"2 Year anniversary and still loving it"

Current Employee - Web Development & Technical Search Strategist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Web Development & Technical Search Strategist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'll agree that not every company is for every type of employee. To blame the company because it wasn't a good fit for you seems a little silly to me. I just celebrated my second anniversary with this company and plan on staying as long as they will have me. I work remotely and communication is excellent. Benefits are great. I don't work in the office so snacks are truly irrelevant to the pro column. I will tell you this company has done nothing but look out for us. I believe in the future of this company and want to see it succeed so my co-workers and I respect and work with each other to enhance both our workflow and the bottom line of the compay. My team rocks and although we are now part of the wholly owned subsidiary ReputationDefender we truly look out for each other. At the end of a phone call with one of my teammates I feel like a truly valued part of this company. That's not given, it has to be earned.

work/life balance: I have to say they have been accommodating to a fault working with my requests for remote work. They really do listen - as a result they have a loyal employee who cares about the bottom line and doesn't think in terms of 9-5.

Cons

Turnover is to be expected - lives change - people move on - priorities are shuffled. It would be nice to see a little less turnover but that's not all on the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your employees and provide them with opportunity to engage in projects that excite them.

Sep 12, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

Very glad to hear you're enjoying your role at ReputationDefender! We work hard to ensure employees feel this is a company they can stay with for the long term (and many have, we have average tenure ... More