Reputation.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Shrey Bhatia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Also have perks like free lunch, great healthcare and a casual environment (in 21 reviews)

• Everyone works hard, but most of the execs have families so they respect work life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Need to take Caltrain to Redwood City if you live in the city (in 7 reviews)

• There has been high turnover for a variety of reasons, some of which no longer apply (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great place to work, grow and have fun!"

Current Employee - Director in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for Reputation.com for last 3.5 years across multiple locations (Redwood City, Tempe and India). The company offers great opportunity to work on interesting business, technology and engineering problems such as collecting and analyzing data from 100s of sources, dealing with ever exploding data, building high performance solutions and continuous integration and delivery of a huge number of services. We extend our SOA/micro services philosophy to how we manage our teams. If you like taking on end-to-end "ownership" from architecture, design, development, unit and integration testing to monitoring health of your services in production, this is the place for you! Working at Reputation.com offers you growth across all aspects of building software.

What I like most about my job at Reputation.com is to help our customers help their customers better.

The new Redwood City and Tempe offices are great collaborative workspaces. A game of ping pong once in a while is a great way to unwind and we have subsidized lunches 3 times a week!

I like the flexible work hours and working from home from time-to-time (of course with some overlapping work hours with rest of the team). It helps me work on my own schedule.

HR is more involved for the last 6 months and things are changing for better.

Executive team has the eyes on the ball and expect employees to take on more ownership.

Cons

Growing pains need to be managed better -- Sometimes everyone is focused on their own tasks that it's difficult to understand what's happening across the board. Being an agile and innovative company at times comes at a cost of dealing with some intermittent chaos. This has to be managed better with strictly streamlined processes and tools to help employees achieve their goals. Need to empower the teams to be more efficient and accountable so they can grow with the company. Hire more managers to help remove some roadblocks for employees so that they can run faster.

2. "Fast paced environment with incredible growth prospects!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer, Backend in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer, Backend in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It has been an incredible learning experience so far working on exciting high profile client facing projects as the organization has now evolved into a mature start up. Senior management is super helpful, knowledgeable, mellow, easily approachable (flat hierarchical structure) and ensures that our efforts are governed by a well defined vector. If you have a knack of delving deeper into real world problems and being a core part of building projects for globally renowned clients in this fast paced fun environment with lots of growth prospects, then this is the place to be!
    Oh yes, lunch 3 times a week and free snack all round the clock!

Cons

None as of now .

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work guys of steering the growth graph upwards!

"Reputation.com -- great startup in with a fast growing product"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dealing with lots of new technology.
    New office location with beautiful bay views.
    Open office -- no one, not even the CEO has an office -- everyone has the same electric standing/sitting desk
    Buddha Lounge -- a low light, no talking room for working, meditating or napping -- one of the many great things the new HR Director has done!
    Pool table/Ping Pong table
    Catered lunch every Wednesday with a wide variety of cuisines always with a vegetarian and salad option, paid lunch credit 2 more days a week
    Opportunity to work in the social media domain which is thought to be the next big thing.
    A mature startup that is well-funded but still in high growth mode so there are a lot of fun projects to do
    Open and relatively unpolitical organization, everyone is upfront with each other.
    Lots of diversity in the workforce and it is clearly valued.
    Dungeons and Dragons game every other Wednesday evening.

Cons

Hard not to gain weight with all the free snacks!
    Location is a bit off the beaten track if you like to go out a lot for lunch, though there is an on site cafeteria.
    There's so much fun stuff to do it's easy to forget the work / life balance
    The wilder days of being a young startup are gone, as we go through the necessary growth pangs of having a tad more structure -- keep it light.

Advice to Management

Identify the rock stars at all levels at be sure to reward them well -- Reputation.com is still small and growing and the contributions of key performers will make a big difference.
    Keep the startup culture going and avoid the trap of adding too much control and structure like most companies do as they grow.

"company has lots of issues..."

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time

Pros

- awesome product
    - inspired engineering team
    - 3x week free food.

Cons

- executive team/ceo too chaotic and not focused
    - HR organization is ridiculous, root cause of several employee issues and has been given full freedom .. lacks empathy and discipline
    - lots of attrition, especially in sales, product, and csm teams and no one seems to care
    - poor benefits (no 401k match)
    - too much politics and unnecessary escalations all over with lack of leadership,
    - everyone seems to be in a constant state of agitation or overworked with no real productivity or end-goal

Advice to Management

several competitors are moving fast and with less politics, clean-up the org and get focus.

"Culture is good"

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-fun loving culture
    - very welcoming

Cons

-they RARELY promote from within
    - no female executives

"Great product, awful business model and horrific work culture"

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing market leading product. Should and can dominate the reputation management market.

Cons

CEO has no sense of leadership or business acumen. Makes a big deal out of a deal that grosses 43 cents a day per client location. 43 cents a day!!!
    CEO wears blinders, choosing not to see the declining morale among the employees who made the company and the mass exodus of the best talent. Chooses not to hear the constant and growing complaints about the incompetence of the HR.
    The HR is the most talked about issue in the entire company, and not in a good way. Incompetence, lack of ethics and inability to communicate are the least of the problems.

Advice to Management

Talking fast does not hide the truth about the company and it's practices.
    HR Directors should be vetted. HR Directors with no job stability and who jump from job to job should serve as a warning of a much deeper problem with a people manager.
    For this company to survive, clean house.

Reputation.com Response

Oct 4, 2017 – Leadership Team

We appreciate your candid feedback. While we're happy to hear that you feel positively about our product and its place in the market, it's disappointing to learn your opinions about our CEO and HR... More

"It would be less painful to shoot yourself in the foot"

I worked at Reputation.com full-time

Pros

They're really, really good at lying, even to their investment firms. Most successful, "professional liars" in Silicon Valley. They lie to EVERYBODY. If you're in the market for purchasing a professional staff that specializes in deep deception of its customers and "constantly revolving staff", then this is the company for you. Michael Fertik is the brainchild of Reputation Defender/Reputation.com. His right hand worker bee, Owen Tripp, fostered the working environment's image, constantly protecting and defending their own reputation, primarily because of his stake in the company. "Co-founder and COO", often failed to not protect the fallen (aka, fired), but only in the circumstance that you were his "bestie", or alumni student from his alma mater, Trinity College in Connecticut. So yeah, if you fit this bill, you were taken care of, which is, a "positive". If you're in the market to get screwed over, make sure you apply. The outcome will outshine every screwed over experience you've ever encountered. If you don't want to be fired, apply elsewhere. Don't become part of their legacy.

Cons

Every possible negative scenario you can imagine, will happen here.

Advice to Management

Leave.

Reputation.com Response

Sep 25, 2017 – Leadership Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your experience with us. We are sorry that your time at ReputationDefender/Reputation.com was not an enjoyable one. We do our best to... More

"Fast moving company in a growing market"

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* This company is moving really fast!
    * Intense work environment, challenging, but rewarding! Not for everyone.
    * Very focused on key enterprise SaaS metrics, growth, and customers.
    * Lot’s of career opportunities. We have seen people become product managers, software engineers through internal moves.
    * Beautiful Bay Area campus with lot of amenities.

Cons

* Hard to do one simple thing. Need to juggle a lot of priorities.

Advice to Management

* The company is still adjusting processes, instrumentation, and internal communication to deal the pace of growth, customer support, and product releases
    * Keep hiring good/fun people who know how to get the job done with top quality

"Great Company and great culture"

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time

Pros

Everyone is awesome to work with.

Cons

None to this juncture of my career.

"I've really enjoyed working here so far...."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

lunches 3 times a week, flexible schedules, smart coworkers, and so much to do and learn, approachable CEO, company shuttle from Caltrain

Cons

not near Caltrain, not near restaurants, no 401K match, but downtown Redwood City is only a 5 minute drive

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I've learned so much already in 10 months. Everyone is super helpful and friendly and I love that the culture is chill yet fun. We tend to run fast sometimes which can be stressful, but I love it. The Tempe office is pretty awesome too.