ResMed Reviews | Glassdoor

ResMed CEO Michael "Mick" Farrell
Michael "Mick" Farrell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life balance is said to be encouraged but by personal experience was not supported (in 7 reviews)

• Company has suffered greatly from growing pains (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Work life balance / Supportive upper management"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ResMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is here. At times I need flexibility due to outside obligations. ResMed gives you the tools to do your job outside of the office when necessary and trust in their employees to get the job done without micromanagement (but with that said I prefer being at the office as I work with such amazing people and have made wonderful friends - great amenities and energy at the office as well). Lastly, several of those in my department have been promoted in the year that I have been here. If you work hard and add value you will be recognized; simple. The culture here is really wonderful. I have previously worked at companies in San Diego who are considered heavy hitters and ResMed is by far head and shoulders above any of my previous employers primarily b/c the culture outshines the others. My supervisor is kind and calm and yet has a very demanding role. I feel very lucky.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot really think of any cons. We are growing every day and are very busy here so there are some minor growing pains, but this to me is ultimately a pro, not a con as it will serve us all well in the long run.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I have great faith and trust in our Executive / Management teams.

2. "Accurate representation during interview process of an employee and patient focused workplace."

I have been working at ResMed full-time

Pros

I started at ResMed in early 2017 and after several months can say the interview team did a great job accurately portraying the role, culture at ResMed, and the areas that the team I was hired into are working to improve. As part of the onboarding process a few of the executive leaders hosted a lunch for new hires and it was great hearing them re-iterate the values of the company, the focus on improving the lives of those with respiratory issues vs just being a financially successful company (although that is obviously of importance too but more as a result of striving for helping people vs the driver).

While there are several areas that need improvement in the organization the interview team was up front about the struggles (mostly stemming from rapid growth over the last several years) and the management support in working through these issues to make this a great place to work for everyone.

Cons

Not unexpected based on the interview but there are opportunities for improvement (which are being addressed) to help improve and streamline internal processes and procedures.

Advice to Management

Keep leading with the company values in mind.

"Product marketing"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ResMed full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Higher growth with lots of opportunities if you work long hours in the office and willing to move around. Really nice people work here.

Cons

Work culture is antiquated,and hierarchical. Not progressive when it comes to flexibility. Not very many women in management. Worker bees are not empowered to make decisions.

Advice to Management

Focus on diversity, get policies in place for remote l, part time and flex working

4. "Great Company!"

I have been working at ResMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competent, thoughtful management shows appreciation for employees. Relaxed atmosphere, very cordial. A growing company with lots of opportunities.

Cons

Some departmental silos, especially IT Development. Communication between sites needs improvement, especially when cooperating on the same project.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and let employees know that you have their back as they try to move up or laterally within the company.

"So... so"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at ResMed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Intense training. Great benefits. Amazing events. The people in the office were extremely impressive and professional. I truly enjoyed the relationships I established while I was there.

Cons

The reps were not easy to work with as they were certainly not "team" players. Their sales strategies were very outlandish by offering specials that would never apply appropriately.

"ResMed"

Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at ResMed full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive Salary. Beautiful Facility.

Cons

Work/Life balance is said to be encouraged but by personal experience was not supported. Company has suffered greatly from growing pains. High turnover from career seekers wanting to gain experience then moving on.

Advice to Management

N/A

ResMed Response

Jun 6, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback - work/life balance is incredibly important here at ResMed, and I'm sorry you didn't experience that support. Maybe some folks think I'm joking when I say that the best... More

"Facade"

I worked at ResMed full-time

Pros

Nice People, good work life balance!

Cons

only certain people are promoted and usually those without the skills to do the job.

"Facade"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ResMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful facility and amenities, good talent across the board, compensation up to par with similar companies in the area, but not competitive.

Cons

One word, toxic. Archaic practices and blatant favoritism are clear for all to see. Be wary of over inflated titles.

Advice to Management

Clean house.

ResMed Response

Jun 6, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback on the Kearny Mesa facility and our good talent. Thanks also for your challenging feedback on the culture you have seen - my challenge to you would be "help us get an A" in... More

"Review"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at ResMed full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and beautiful facility

Cons

Good ole boys network, lack of HR policies allow managers to do what they want and there is no recourse for employees, its who you know

Advice to Management

Sr. Management should get involved when staff say there is a problem

10. "Territory manager"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at ResMed full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company great culture great product line. The number one company in the industry. Superior quality to the competition. Good benefits

Cons

This app requires me to write at least 20 words of con statements. Resmed is a great company and I don't have any negative to report