ResMed Reviews | Glassdoor

ResMed Reviews

Updated May 17, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life balance is said to be encouraged but by personal experience was not supported (in 7 reviews)

• Company has suffered greatly from growing pains (in 9 reviews)

"Great company and people"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ResMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training and professional growth opportunities available at all levels

Cons

None that I can think of presently

"The People are great"

Former Employee - Marketing Communications Associate in Santee, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Communications Associate in Santee, CA

I worked at ResMed full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

For the most part the people that I worked with and knew there were Amazing. Great facility, gym, gated parking garage. Has a great food service also

Cons

Horrible Just horrible, that make changes just for the sake of change without much though of the repercussions or the end game.

"Senior Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at ResMed full-time

Pros

ResMed has a great product and continues to serve a great cause. Good strategic vision and continue to be poised to grow. Employees enjoy the great facility in San Diego too.

Cons

ResMed has grown from a nice employee-friendly place with a great culture to a more cut-throat corporate place full of politics. Culture might differ from department to department. Many senior management hired in recent years are from 10B+ corporations - who are accustomed to leading by hierarchy, who cares more about politics and personal gain than employee development or the greater good of the organization. HR reps are quickly jumping onto the bandwagon of this new corporate persona. Albeit the company is still doing well and poised to grow, it stopped being a great place to work. The great ResMed culture is dieing!

Advice to Management

Evaluate characters of the senior management you hire - don't just hire smart and hungry people, hire good people first. Don't let the true voice from employees be lost through translation.

"Unorganized"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ResMed full-time

Pros

Onsite gym and cafe with full grill

Cons

Lack of leadership, failure to properly pay employees during maternity leave, extremely rude and disrespectful Human Resources and payroll department, fraternization amongst management and subordinates.

Advice to Management

Removal of fraternization.

ResMed Response

Nov 8, 2016 – VP, Global People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I apologize for your experience. We do recognize that the transition to a new payroll and leadership team created some short-term unexpected ... More

"Good place but becoming a "big" company and the trappings that come with it"

Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ResMed (More than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative products, room for advancement, good benefits and some great young people driving the organization.

Cons

Lots of "clicks" that play to insiders, increasing red tape and middle management, compensation keeps being cut

Advice to Management

Don't forget how you the organization got to where it is...

"Great Company, No growth"

Former Employee - California in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - California in San Diego, CA

I worked at ResMed full-time

Pros

-Great atmosphere
    -Great People
    -State of the art work place
    -Monthly training on new products or addition
    -Free Food, snacks, drinks, etc every month
    -love everything about this company but...

Cons

-Bad management, they only care about who they like to succeed. High turnover rate with minimum growth.

Advice to Management

Hire within, motivate your employees, that would make work for worth its wild. Like I mention their is a lot of cons, but when their is a huge disconnect amongst management, it makes working there tough for employees to enjoy what Resmed offers.

8. "More than a job... a career, with a great mission"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ResMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High-energy collaborative culture with plenty of career advancement opportunities, transparent and personable leadership who genuinely care about employees' well-being, great benefits, a noble mission: to change lives with every breath.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons. I will say that those who most enjoy and succeed at ResMed are genuine team players who possess strong organization and innovative thinking skills, no matter what their department or job title.

Advice to Management

Maintain the cultural values that make this global 5,000-member corporation feel like the family it is.

9. "Finance"

Current Employee - Manager Finance in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager Finance in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ResMed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative environment with lots of friendly people. Beautiful facility with health club and great lunch time choices. Benefits are best in class. Highly recommend.

Cons

Have not seen anything that I would call a "con." Certainly room for improvement in any company, but I am still looking for things to call out.

10. "Why I enjoy working at ResMed"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

The life enhancing technologies we provide to users across the globe is a big reason why I joined the team in 2015. Another driving factor was the genuine openness, welcoming spirit and collaboration demonstrated during the interview process. I've worked in the device industry for more than 30 years now and you often read of profound core values like we reference on our website, but I can tell you that we truly live those core values here. We don't just talk the talk but we walk the walk. It's a great place to work. Come join the team.

Cons

For me, the only downside is my 108 mile round trip daily commute; however I get to balance that with periodic visits to our Moreno Valley distribution center which is only 60 miles round trip. So this is only a personal "con".

Advice to Management

Continue to be open and collaborative up/down/and across. The effect of listening, really listening to each other is powerful and is the basis for continuing to make us strong and for improving our processes.

"It Is An Honor To Work For This Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at ResMed full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

ResMed is totally focused to save lives. Other than being a doctor, there is no better occupation no matter what your position is with the company.
    Strong Growth Opportunity
    Concerned about employee welfare more than any company I have ever worked for
    Compensation is commensurate with experience and job knowledge.
    Employee growth potential depends more on the employee – if the employee demonstrates the knowledge and expertise in their field and goes above and beyond he/she will be noticed
    The employee must be the architect of his or her own destiny

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to be around brilliance – their minds run at the speed of light. Sometimes it is hard to catch up.

Advice to Management

Company politics are always challenging, unfortunately it is the nature of the beast. Continue your open door policy at all levels throughout the company. No question is foolish and no idea is stupid.