Rescale Reviews | Glassdoor

Rescale Reviews

Updated Nov 13, 2019

4.0
Rescale CEO Joris Poort  (no image)
Joris Poort
  1. "Wild ride that's just heating up"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Rescale full-time

Pros

- opportunity to work on an accessible tech stack while still creating a new market on the cutting edge of tech - interesting set of problems to dig into, including a highly technical user base - legitimately the most intelligent yet simultaneously welcoming coworkers - collaborative work environment not just on your team, but across departments

Cons

- like any start-up, there is never a shortage of work. I personally enjoy it, but it could definitely be a con if you're not up for a company in hypergrowth - aforementioned hypergrowth has some of us worried about maintaining our culture

Advice to Management

Continue on building out our product line so that we can maintain both our insane customer base expansion. Also, please don't lose sight of our culture as we continue to add more members to our team!

Rescale2019-11-14
  2. "Strike While Its' Hot"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Rescale full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Intelligent, honest, and straightforward people throughout all departments. You get a genuine reflection of each person from the first time you meet them. - Great work-life balance (as can be expected from a startup) that's backed by supportive management. I'm not saying you won't work long hours-- but that's not expected or mandated, and I appreciate seeing Senior-level people able to take time off and actually... TURN OFF responses for the most part. That's rare! - Fun perks: Tech start up typical things such as free lunch 3x a week, top-of-the-line tech equipment, and casual open environment. - Role specialization while keeping day to day diversity: Rescale is at that sweet-spot where it's no longer all-hands-on-deck to keep the lights on with every person wearing multiple hats, but we also have the opportunity to raise our hands and change processes/make an impact on projects or initiatives that are otherwise outside of job description. This is through formal avenues like the culture committee or events committee, but also through informal mentorship opportunities or Tech Talk presentations. - Exciting product in a niche technology industry: I really believe our company is helping business enterprises change the way they work on a daily basis. Things are looking good for the overall health of the company and I'm excited to see where we go! I highly recommend that anyone looking to join an early-stage startup strike while the iron is hot and learn more about Rescale!

Cons

- No 401K matching (this is covered in equity for now) - Typical growing pains of a rapidly growing org: quick-changes week over week, and while communicated pretty well, it's a lot to keep up with if you're not ready for it.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to and empower your people. You've built a great team, who take serious ownership over their day-to-day work. Continue to train them and challenge them with new opportunities and we'll keep the awesome culture that sets us apart from other "grow-and-go" companies.

Rescale2019-10-29
  3. "Great Company that is growing exponentially!"

Current Employee - Global Sourcing Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at Rescale full-time for less than a year

Pros

Overall amazing company to work for. The culture at Rescale is very fun and energetic. Everyone is very intelligent and pushes you to learn more and reach your goals. Pushes you to exceed in your career.

Cons

(not really seen as a con) Very high expectations! Company culture is still coming together.

Advice to Management

We have a lot of IQ here, there needs to be some investment into development EQ and fostering fun activities.

Rescale2019-10-10
  4. "Come Build With Us!"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Rescale full-time for less than a year

Pros

Rescale is a scrappy environment where everyone needs to punch above their weight. The great news is this place is chock full of heavy hitters that know how to get the job done. Top to bottom, Rescale has people that are equal parts brilliant as they are good-hearted. It's also incredibly refreshing to work at a place where the customers LOVE the product.

Cons

Since we're still somewhat small, we are in a place where in many ways, we are still building the machinery to plow the field. We have lots of openings, we lack processes in places, and consequently we are forced to be more resourceful than other places you might find. I will say, however, these cons paired with the pros are exactly why I signed on to Rescale. Our potential is massive and every contribution will... make a tremendous impact in helping us achieve it.

Rescale2019-09-27
  5. "'Disruptive' may be the most gratuitously self-applied descriptor in tech, but sometimes it also happens to be true"

Current Employee - Senior Director of Revenue Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Rescale full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Redefining an industry-dominant paradigm is never easy, but Rescale is succeeding - Cloud-transformation product that actually works addressing a huge TAM that is overwhelmingly on-prem - Inspiring c-level management and mature founders with a rare combination of both the technical and business chops to the lead the company to exit and beyond - Lots of brilliant, yet humble coworkers - Lots of opportunity to... make your mark -- new ideas are welcome. People are encouraged to have a voice. - In the last year, the business has brought in some huge deals from some a major-league logos - Inclusive, collaborative, and evolving culture - Great location in the heart of the Financial District - Lunch 3 days/ week. Coffee, drinks and snacks all the time

Cons

- Building doesn't allow dogs :-( - Typical transitional pains experienced by all start-ups that hit hyper-growth mode (some long-term employee transition, lumpy sales forecast, some immature/evolving process) - Distributed sales team, so feedback loop is sometimes not as fast as we'd like - Not necessarily a "con" per se, but the company culture is still a work in progress. To be clear, the culture is not bad... by any stretch of the imagination, it just isn't extremely defined. The people team, however, is doing an outstanding job developing programs to grow and mold the culture. Regardless, Rescale is a very pleasant place to work.

Advice to Management

- Keep up the good work - There is a fine line between staying agile and having constant fire drills. We're absolutely on the right side of that line, but let's not lose focus. - Even though we don't have any existential threats in the marketplace right now, stay ever vigilant. Threats can pop up quickly and unexpectedly.

Rescale2019-09-11
  6. "Fast-growing, highly powerful simulation platforms -> the IT company"

Current Employee - Talent in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Rescale full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ It's no surprise this company is rapidly expanding and leveling up. The people that are coming in are top notch – full of grit, passion, and ready to work. + You will be challenged and expected to exceed expectations, I believe this is the beauty of great startups. + I have not met all my teammates in person (working from remote office), and I have already connected with 90 percent of all employees.... Rescale has a special way of connecting all of us no matter the location: Silicon Valley or otherwise + Huge market opportunity with little/no competition. Easy one. + Like any company, you get what you put in. At Rescale, the mentorship, resources, rewards matches up with the hard work put in.

Cons

- Not exactly a con, but the company culture/values are still a work in progress; however, I've been a part of the brainstorming sessions and I am impressed with the direction we're headed. - Growing pains. As expected.

Advice to Management

Keep killing it. Your efforts to improve in every single item/movement does not go unnoticed.

Rescale2019-09-09
  7. "Very glad I joined"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Rescale full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. I don't feel like I work for a 'joke' Silicon Valley company. We aren't building some dumb app or over-valued social media flash in a pan, we are building something that helps really accomplished and mission driven people build cool things . 2. They are starting to build a legit exec team that might actually get us to IPO. 3. The customers I work with are really interesting. 4. We have a 'no a-hole' rule, which... I found annoying at first when we would reject some really good candidates, but its provided a really good team to work with.

Cons

1. They did a pay leveling exercise but I think they need to do it again. We hire engineers that are getting pinged by other top startups and we need to be more competitive 2. The office is just ok. Nothing fancy

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with quarterly goals and communicating them regularly on how we are tracking. Also, spring for a better office when we move next and increase pay. We need better values that actually mean something and are used.

Rescale2019-09-06

"Fast paced, no ceiling to learning, best platform in the category"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Rescale full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've immensely enjoyed over a year at Rescale. The team is full of authentic folks that work hard and like to solve challenging problems. I've learned a ton through my lead and other senior members on the team. I never feel that my scope is limited and am able to pick up new projects as I'm ready for them.

Cons

Customer-driven priorities sometimes take priority over internal projects. There is always a trade-off and while I understand the need to serve customers first, spending more time on improving our core codebase would serve us well to scale better.

Advice to Management

Our platform is a clear winner in the market, we just need to keep it that way!

Rescale2019-08-10

"Stingy compensation, no prospects for advancement, and patronizing leadership that seriously undermines morale"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Rescale full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's strong camaraderie within some groups, and a relative absence of the "back-stabbing" culture that pervades some companies.

Cons

It seems that senior management doesn't really care about the product or the people who make it, and only very recently have any efforts been made to resolve long-standing "technical debt" issues. Also seems the only way to get a raise is to leave the company. Seems like there are very transparent attempts to substitute "culture" for compensation that has actual value.

Rescale2019-08-09

"Great Management and Direction of Company"

Current Employee - BDR in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Rescale full-time

Pros

Rescale is growing rapidly, the environment in the Utah office is competitive but wholehearted. We continually surpass our benchmarks and continue adding excellent talent. - Lower-level management is fair and flexible. - Upper-level management is results driven and expects employees to perform at peak capacity. That being said, they don't ask employees to do anything unreasonable. Quotas have been meticulously... evaluated and are very obtainable. - Above average salary and OTE. - 3 meals a week - Full benefits - Stock options - Global team (great networking).

Cons

- Uncertain future, the opportunity is tremendous but there's a chance of acquisition. - HPC is extremely technical and can be challenging to relay selling points. It requires a quick study and someone looking to develop a solid foundation in tech sales. This role will better prepare you for future opportunities than most tech BDR/SDR positions in Utah/California. - The AE role at Rescale is the real deal. It's... not similar to the fabricated titles at other tech companies in Utah. We have a land and expand approach, which requires. AE's to be well versed on simulation and modeling software, account management, , and forecasting revenue within major conglomerates and all the various departments within.

Advice to Management

- Continue to build a healthy culture and hire employees that aren't entitled.

Rescale2019-07-09