Research Now Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Research Now CEO Gary Laben
Gary Laben

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance might get off balance (in 12 reviews)

• No work/life balance - we were rarely allowed to work from home (in 6 reviews)

"2 Months in - A sweet gig"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Research Now full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. VERY unique culture - like they took a Silicon Valley or Austin company and inserted it into West Plano.
    2. Things happen very quickly... not a lot of red tape.
    3. High performers are rewarded
    4. Lots of team building and fun activities/challenges
    5. On-site free gym
    6. Nerf gun wars
    7. Free drinks/fresh fruit, etc.

Cons

See above. If you can't handle a fast paced environment and want to "keep your head down" and not be exposed, this isn't the place for you. When a decision is made, there is not a lot of time between the decision and action being required. Some can struggle with this.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. We get that change can be uncomfortable at times but its necessary to keep us on track and growing!

2. "In transition"

I worked at Research Now full-time

Pros

Great people who do their best to support the company's objectives.

Cons

Culture has changed substantially since change in ownership and many people who know the industry and have strong relationships with clients have left. This could do long term damage to future prospects.

Advice to Management

Focus on value.

"Well oriented for future growth"

Current Employee - Customer Facing
    Current Employee - Customer Facing

I have been working at Research Now full-time

Pros

Engaged management, and very supporting and collaborative team. People are friendly, and willing to share their experience to foster individual growth. There's a number of complementary but different divisions. It's interesting to see how they are interwoven, and plenty of new and interesting ideas to bring to our customers

Cons

Some of the typical challenges with any company, but nothing overtly negative. As other reviewers have mentioned, there were layoffs in the past as the company needed to refocus for the future. It appears that hiring is now on the upswing, and they're bringing in people to build toward a continued profitable future. I've been impressed with the new hires being brought in to the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to share the updates and strategic direction with all employees. Continue to focus on the areas within the company that will be the growth engines for the future.

5. "RN - Innovator"

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Research Now full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is creating many exciting new products and services like integrated data and dashboarding

Cons

RN does not have competitive salaries

Advice to Management

Keep great talent

"Moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Sales in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Plano, TX

I have been working at Research Now full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Research Now has undergone many changes in the past year. Unfortunately, this has involved significant reduction in staff in order to better position ourselves in the industry. The new CEO has made many changes to steer the company in a better direction that will enable us to be more competitive and a leader in the market research industry. The CEO is very transparent with all aspects of the company. Company quarterly meetings are held to communicate goals, progress, and successes.

Research Now has been a wonderful organization to work with. Over the past 20 years, I've worked at several small and large sized corporations (Fortune 50 included), and Research Now has been an incredible place to be.

While I have seen many faces come and go, everyone has maintained a positive attitude and putting in the extra effort to help in making our company successful.

Research Now offers great benefits and perks:
    -Great healthcare coverage
    -Gym reimbursement
    -Onsite gym
    -Break Room perks - massage chair, arcade, working treadmill, free soda/juice/fruit, healthy self-serve cafe
    -Give Back Program - volunteer opportunities during company hours
    -Free covered parking
    -Flex hours, work from home, laptop (not available with all positions)
    -Giveaways - they often raffle events at AA
    -Awesome holiday cocktail party
    -Fun events out of the office throughout the year - Top Golf, Pinstacks and more!
    -Fun atmosphere..including and cube decorating contest, costume contest

Cons

The company can provide a better understanding as to why so many positions are eliminated, but then we are hiring again. Were the employees let go unable to move to a different position?

"Needs to be more transparent!"

I have been working at Research Now full-time

Pros

Nice coworkers
    Flexible hours
    Free soft drinks
    Free Fruit
    On site workout facility

Cons

Since the company was sold, the founders of the company were ousted.
    The new CEO has changed the culture of the company. It no longer has the family feeling. Key sales members, middle management and operations team members are let go without any explanation. The company says it's growing but it RIF's good people.

Advice to Management

The morale of the workers has really gone down!

"Sales"

I worked at Research Now full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Research Now for a number of years. I stayed because I was able to grow professionally and financially. It was fun in the early days growing the business to a mature company in the marketplace.

Cons

After the sell of the company, the new ownership, like every private equity company, wanted to operationalize the business and improve profits. This is normal and should be expected. Some of the longterm folks had created redundancies in the organization. They were weeded out as well as low performers across various business units. Good move for the business. Bad move for the culture. Most of the folks who complain about it, don't know how to take action themselves to fix it. Still a market leader and will do well. But in some rebuilding years. Not a bad company to work for. Take things with a grain of salt.

Advice to Management

Find momentum and hang on. Innovate. It has not been done at the core business level since the business started. The same working business models which have created a business acquisition culture of gaining a new customer just to replace one that is leaving.

9. "3 months"

I have been working at Research Now full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, Competitive, Flexible, High-performing and forward-thinking.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

"Horrible place to work. Awful Management."

Pros

Absolutely none. It is just the worst company to work for.

Cons

Poorly run. All the good people have left. The business model is on a death march.

Advice to Management

Treat people right.

"Used to be a better company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Research Now full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work from home depending on your team and experience (new employees need to be in office for training). Interesting industry. Free sodas, juices, and coffee.

Cons

New ownership/executive management is only interested in the bottom line. Employees have taken the back seat. Lots of layoffs occurred in the past year and a half.