Resodyn Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lawrence C. Farrar

1. Featured Review

"Rewarding work in a beautiful setting! What more could you ask for?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Butte, MT

I have been working at Resodyn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Extremely innovative work being conducted by top-notch employees. The staff at Resodyn works hard and also gets the benefit of living in beautiful Montana. Employees are valued and rewarded for the challenging work that they undertake. The benefits package is exceptional! The company goes above and beyond in providing health insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance, and 401k as well as a generous vacation plan. The company also actively supports community activities. If you're looking for a chance to really feel like you make a difference not only within your company, but also across many different industries - Resodyn may be the place for you!

Cons

The company is currently in growth mode. I'm not really sure that this qualifies as a con- but we have more work coming in than we can handle. Not a bad problem to have.
    The work is challenging. Part of the reason for Resodyn's success is that they think outside the box. This requires innovation and hard work and yes at times long hours, but at Resodyn it's truly a team effort from the CEO all the way down the line to make sure that the end product is something we can all take pride in.

Advice to Management

Keep up the search for new staff. It's always exciting to see the new approaches that new faces bring to the table!

"Fast Paced and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Butte, MT
    Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Butte, MT

I have been working at Resodyn full-time

Pros

Resodyn is a very fast paced organization with quick turnaround, which is necessary on many projects. Professional and dedicated employees are the core of success at Resodyn. Engineers opportunities include the ability to work on new and exciting challenges every day. The organization has constantly built on its achievements and all new designs are exciting and present their own unique challenges. The job pushes engineers to the limits of their ability and provides an environment to grow into well-rounded professionals with marketable skills. Senior engineers are heavily involved in the designs, which allow new engineers to quickly gain design experience.

The work is so interesting and new, it is hard to not bring it home and continue to think about the problems on how to improve/innovate further.

Because the organization is flat, people can quickly find their niche and grow into to it. A lot of the time people are hired to do one task, but their skills and drive have taken them to different positions within Resodyn. Resodyn is traditionally an R&D company, which still does R&D, but also supports the other Resodyn production businesses. Thus, engineers can either support R&D or production or combinations thereof.

Resodyn provides great benefits including fully-funded health insurance, and 401k matching.

The organization is very flat and most people report directly to the CEO, which allows great transparency and freedom to perform engineering tasks more quickly and efficiently than could be done with a deeper organization chart. Senior management also work more as engineers and are more considered colleges as opposed to supervisors, which allows for easier communication between engineers and management.

Cons

The major con of the organization is its ability to hire engineers and other professional staff.

Advice to Management

We need more people to keep up with the increasing demands of the growing business. The company is growing and healthy, so please keep up the tradition.

"The culture is one of a kind and you can be creative in how you do your job."

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Butte, MT
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Butte, MT

I have been working at Resodyn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Resodyn has an extremely talented and motivated team that collaborates on several innovative product lines in a unique "mission driven" culture. This culture is one of a kind and you have to be creative in how you do your job. Management encourages personal growth and takes care of their top performers. The range of products means I have great flexibility in what I can work on and I am free to define my own career path. The flat company means I have few opportunities to chase titles but also means a lack of bureaucracy

Cons

Requires high caliber of work on a short schedule, can sometimes feel under the gun
    A lot of work (but also a lot of resources for you to learn to work smarter not harder).

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

Pros

So much to learn everyday
    Employees are always willing to help when at a road block
    Products gaining in popularity (big future ahead)
    Butte Montana is a one of a kind place with all sorts of outdoor activities just outside your door

Cons

Could use more employees to take on more projects

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Already seeing improvements and haven't been here but a few months. It is exciting to me that Resodyn takes the time to ensure that employees are happy and are typically enjoying their everyday job.

"No Complaints Here!"

I have been working at Resodyn (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly, caring, intelligent coworkers
    Ability to gain experience in numerous fields
    Great benefits, FREE insurance
    Good pay

I have been treated very well during my nine years of employment. There is no room for slacking here! Everyone is expected to participate to make Resodyn successful. Prove yourself to be a trustworthy and hard working employee and you will be well taken care of. I am proud to tell others I work at Resodyn and talk about some of the technologies we have developed. I have been able to gain experience in many fields while here, more than I would have at a larger company.

Cons

We need a few more employees to help the company continue to grow.

"An amazing company with amazing people!!!"

Current Employee - Assembly Tech in Butte, MT
    Current Employee - Assembly Tech in Butte, MT

Pros

I have been at Resodyn for almost four years now and love every minute of it!!! I've broadened my technical knowledge, work experience, customer service and appreciation, and usable skills ten fold. An amazing company filled with amazing, hardworking, and ethical people. Managerial staff, engineers, technicians, sales staff, and researchers are some of the most caring, understandable, hardworking, and passionate people anyone could ever meet. Great pay, health benefits, profit sharing and 401k plan. Who could ask for more. President of company knows and values loyalty and hard work and takes plenty of care of those he sees doing both. I've never felt more welcomed, appreciated, and valued at any other job I've ever had. Resodyn is a family based, close knit group of like minded hard working people plain and simple!!! Always growing and expanding I can't wait to see what the future holds! Don't miss out on an amazing opportunity.

Cons

I can't honestly think of any cons... after reading some of other reviews on this site I just had to voice my opinion. Complainers are going to complain and those expecting to be handed everything and have their hands held aren't going to make it far with this company. Criticisms are taken very much to heart here and the team at Resodyn is always willing to listen to any and all ideas on how to improve the company, client relations, and employees employee relations.

Advice to Management

Props to management and all the employees of resodyn. I've worked at business that were unethical, money grubbing, extortionist, con artists where my work was undervalued and unappreciated. Thank you for taking a chance on me and giving me the opportunity to show my live and support for your company.

"Research and Development"

Pros

Great benefits with the health insurance and retirement. Challenging and rewarding work.

Cons

Need a few more staff in order to be more proficient.

Advice to Management

Have an updated website. Maybe look at having a Facebook account for marketing purposes.

"Great Career Opportunities and Company Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Butte, MT

I have been working at Resodyn part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Staff is caring and responsive to changes in the workplace. Great physical working environment.
    Butte, MT is conveniently located near skiing, hiking, and fishing which is perfect for individuals who want to enjoy being outdoors.

Cons

Has had past bad experiences with individuals giving poor reviews. Management is working towards rebuilding their image as a quality employer.

Advice to Management

Keep working on re-branding the company and listening to reviews and advice from past and current employees. This company has a lot of opportunities for expansion.

"Challenging Work Good Setting"

I have been working at Resodyn full-time

Pros

Employees are expected to work hard. In return, there is a great deal of intellectual variety and autonomy in projects when your skills are proven. Benefits are top notch and the setting in Montana is great if you enjoy outdoor activities.

Cons

Management structure is flat which can be a pro or con depending on your perspective. Work load can be challenging for those not used to it.

"Overall very rewarding"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Butte, MT
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Butte, MT

I have been working at Resodyn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Resodyn is a challenging and rewarding place to work. They provide you with a challenging but obtainable work load and you are surrounded by intelligent, hard working, and caring individuals.

Cons

The work environment is very quiet and diligent.

Advice to Management

Management is working toward better communication, hiring more staff, and branding.