Resort Lifestyle Communities Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Server"

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Bartlett, TN
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Bartlett, TN

I worked at Resort Lifestyle Communities (More than 3 years)

Pros

The values of this company were reflected in every aspect of the job. This company provides high quality care to the residents.

Cons

Meal times can be very busy for kitchen staff, but I found that management was always flexible and able to work with the staff when things did no go as smoothly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing! Offer more opportunities for career advancement. It would be great if you could get some contract therapists to come do OT and PT so that the residents can receive therapy at home.

"Could Have Been Great"

Former Employee - Community Relations Manager in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Community Relations Manager in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Autonomy. Opportunity to relocate. Talent.

Cons

Investors hired. Turnover. Culture slipping.

Advice to Management

RESORT LIFESTYLE COMMUNITIES has a lot going for it. That said, with key employees coming from Kmart, Wal-Mart, and Holiday Retirement, it's inevitable that this luxury retirement brand has seen more than its fair share of bad hires, shortcuts, and decisions on the cheap. And with significant growth coming, and very few in a leadership position having ever been a part of the hospitality industry, the focus is sadly much too focused on number-crunching instead of keeping residents happy.
    RLC has a great concept. Under different direction, it could very easily have been a lifelong career for me. Unfortunately, after watching the same mistakes being made, year after year, and not much interest in my feedback, my threshold for giving the benefit of the doubt was finally crossed.
    I'm by no means regretting my time and the valuable lessons I learned. And my passion for seniors is as strong as it ever was. However, if I had it to do over again, I would have spoken directly to the CEO, when appropriate. Saying nothing or saying only positive things to the CEO was a disservice to Breck Collingsworth and only made my immediate supervisors' lives easier.

3. "Currently am employed there PT for past 2 years, as dining room server."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome staff and residents. Love my job, but pay scale is not currently enough to be a full-time job.

Cons

High turn over of server's. Hard to operate without sufficient staffing.

Advice to Management

Pay scale needs to be higher for responsibility. Very fast paced.

"Lakeline Oaks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to work, wonderful employees, good benefits and great residents!

Cons

Management is kind of the biggest down fall. There is a couple that live on site and one is nicer then the other.The pay is not the best.

Advice to Management

You staff works very hard to get the job done just talk to them with a little but more respect!

"Senior Living Consultant"

Pros

Getting to know and be around the residents is wonderful. Most of the staff is wonderful too.

Cons

VERY high stress level job. Schedule is Tuesday-Saturday and it is expected to work late nights and come in or work from home on your days off depending on the community managers in place. Community managers come and go as well as higher level staff so if you enjoy a roller coaster job with major highs and major lows if you don't get move-in's, this is the job for you. You also need to be able to be a people pleaser, be pushy to get move-in's and love to be micro-managed.

Advice to Management

Listen to the SLC's in the field. Not all areas of the country are the same so blanket results across the board is not the answer. Constant positive reinforcement is encouraged and giving SLC's the proper time off is a need based on the high stress level of the position.

"anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Resort Lifestyle Communities part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Used to be a great place to work; great everyday working staff. Community had feel of family environment.

Cons

New management does not have ethics toward staff or residents. Fired long time respected staff and hired inexperienced staff who would toddy to them. Residents constantly complain about the changes-food quality has been downgraded; mgrs. attitude on all issues-we will take care of it-it's not your problem. Basically-MYOB-We are in charge. Concerned about CYA not the welfare of the residents.

Advice to Management

REPLACE THE MGMT AND REPLACE THEM WITH PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT THE RESIDENTS. Start living the values you promote on your corporate website. Remember, you are taking care of an elderly population-vulnerable people. While I realize this is a business, if you have any humanity, please take care of the residents.

"Finally.... A company that supports YOU! Welcome to your second family!"

Current Employee - Team Player in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Team Player in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has a team of strong leaders that are invested in the residents and employees through communication, followed with support, training, feedback, and mentorship!

Understand this, Senior living is a people business, not a retail business. People change and no two residents, managers, or co workers will be alike, ever.

However, the one thing that is CONSTANT, is the LIFESTYLE, standard of care & culture! Working at a Resort Lifestyle Community has been the best experience in my career. The leaders in this company truly care for you just like family, by listening to you, and deliver results, fairly. I have complete faith and trust that this company is invested in their employees and residents.

If you look, you can find good and bad anywhere, but what you see is a reflection of you, not RLC. Only the strong employees will survive the winds of change, and remain loyal by taking pride in their job that they have been fortunate to have been given with consistency. Coming to work in any of these beautiful communities is an honor! Not to mention the many other things like meals, paid holidays, bonuses and so much more!

At RLC, having experience with multiple managers contributes to your professional growth, learning to view and approach through multiple lenses broadens your ability to be successful. I have read the reviews and what people don't understand, they criticize. Managers deserve to grow as well, and therefore new assignments become available for them too.

Bottom line, RLC is amazing!!!! .... But, you don't have to take my word for it! See for yourself, but only if you love Seniors, are dependable, a team player, goal-minded, can adapt to unpredictable situations as a professional, take accountability and ownership and give more than you take. Otherwise, you won't deserve to work here, but if you are seriously wanting to grow in your career, you will learn from the best here!

Cons

All the residents are amazing, there's just not enough time in the day to enjoy them all each day! It's hard to find cons when everyone is enjoying such an amazing lifestyle!

Advice to Management

You can't do everything and be everywhere, so continue to hire the right people so you can rest in knowing that your building leaders by being able to delegate.

"Great Concept, spinning their wheels"

I worked at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful core values, great company concepts, genuinely tries to take care of the residents they serve. Couldn't have loved the residents or team I worked with more.

Cons

A lot of growth, very fast, without some vital infrastructure to support it. Beginning to lose the power to maintain their core values. as upper management becomes more out of touch. Incredibly high turnover.

Advice to Management

If a number of your locations are experiencing the same issues, solutions should be found and implemented before the relentless drive forward. Get back ahead of the curve in staffing and infrastructure.

"Not bad, but not great"

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The residents can be considered a pro and a con, ha! You will meet and work with some of the sweetest, and most wonderful people on a daily basis. You will form great relationships here!

Cons

Again, the residents. They can be a pain. Also, the company is very cheap budget-wise. You'll also hear and see "We're Family" a lot, but the company doesn't treat the employees like family it seems.

Advice to Management

I know the goal is to always make the residents happy, but happy employees are needed for continuous happy residents. Sometimes it seems you don't really think some of the policies through.

"Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time

Pros

Working with the seniors that lived there was great! Company offered good benefits. It was easier to deal with folks in Nebraska than at the community I worked at.

Cons

Resident managers being replaced and having to change the way that you work after you have been there many years.