Resort Lifestyle Communities Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Server"

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Bartlett, TN
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Bartlett, TN

I worked at Resort Lifestyle Communities (More than 3 years)

Pros

The values of this company were reflected in every aspect of the job. This company provides high quality care to the residents.

Cons

Meal times can be very busy for kitchen staff, but I found that management was always flexible and able to work with the staff when things did no go as smoothly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing! Offer more opportunities for career advancement. It would be great if you could get some contract therapists to come do OT and PT so that the residents can receive therapy at home.

2. "Not just a "job""

Current Employee - Sales in Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The values of this company are reflected in every aspect - it's like one big family!!! They provide high quality care to the residents and employees. The interview process is thorough and worth it - every employee seems to be hand picked and the training is amazing!! The company is great!!

Cons

I haven't seen or experienced any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!!!!

3. "Server"

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time

Pros

Positive work environment. Great team work. Excellent training and the residents really are a pleasure to serve!

Cons

I really can't think of anything.

4. "Experience Working with RLC"

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities part-time

Pros

This job is very flexible and they are willing to work around my busy schedule. I love that we are able to spend time with the residents and get to know them!!!

Cons

During mealtimes, we sometimes do not have enough people working, so it can get very busy.

Advice to Management

I would recommend adding at least one more server on each days schedule so we can be prepared for the rush.

5. "Great at first, then things change"

Former Employee - Housekeeper
    Former Employee - Housekeeper

I worked at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most residents are great and you can form bonds with them.

Cons

Claim to be a team or family. That's how they get you. Once you start working there, a lot of the people there show their true colors. Each set of managers that comes thru has their own management style. No one enforces anything.

Advice to Management

Make sure that ALL managers/supervisors are all on the same page. Make sure that you don't have some managers/supervisors that are dominant while others are submissive. Everyone is supposed to be on the same team.

"Could Have Been Great"

Former Employee - Community Relations Manager in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Community Relations Manager in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Autonomy. Opportunity to relocate. Talent.

Cons

Investors hired. Turnover. Culture slipping.

Advice to Management

RESORT LIFESTYLE COMMUNITIES has a lot going for it. That said, with key employees coming from Kmart, Wal-Mart, and Holiday Retirement, it's inevitable that this luxury retirement brand has seen more than its fair share of bad hires, shortcuts, and decisions on the cheap. And with significant growth coming, and very few in a leadership position having ever been a part of the hospitality industry, the focus is sadly much too focused on number-crunching instead of keeping residents happy.
    RLC has a great concept. Under different direction, it could very easily have been a lifelong career for me. Unfortunately, after watching the same mistakes being made, year after year, and not much interest in my feedback, my threshold for giving the benefit of the doubt was finally crossed.
    I'm by no means regretting my time and the valuable lessons I learned. And my passion for seniors is as strong as it ever was. However, if I had it to do over again, I would have spoken directly to the CEO, when appropriate. Saying nothing or saying only positive things to the CEO was a disservice to Breck Collingsworth and only made my immediate supervisors' lives easier.

7. "Currently am employed there PT for past 2 years, as dining room server."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome staff and residents. Love my job, but pay scale is not currently enough to be a full-time job.

Cons

High turn over of server's. Hard to operate without sufficient staffing.

Advice to Management

Pay scale needs to be higher for responsibility. Very fast paced.

"Lakeline Oaks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to work, wonderful employees, good benefits and great residents!

Cons

Management is kind of the biggest down fall. There is a couple that live on site and one is nicer then the other.The pay is not the best.

Advice to Management

You staff works very hard to get the job done just talk to them with a little but more respect!

"Senior Living Consultant"

Pros

Getting to know and be around the residents is wonderful. Most of the staff is wonderful too.

Cons

VERY high stress level job. Schedule is Tuesday-Saturday and it is expected to work late nights and come in or work from home on your days off depending on the community managers in place. Community managers come and go as well as higher level staff so if you enjoy a roller coaster job with major highs and major lows if you don't get move-in's, this is the job for you. You also need to be able to be a people pleaser, be pushy to get move-in's and love to be micro-managed.

Advice to Management

Listen to the SLC's in the field. Not all areas of the country are the same so blanket results across the board is not the answer. Constant positive reinforcement is encouraged and giving SLC's the proper time off is a need based on the high stress level of the position.

"anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Resort Lifestyle Communities part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Used to be a great place to work; great everyday working staff. Community had feel of family environment.

Cons

New management does not have ethics toward staff or residents. Fired long time respected staff and hired inexperienced staff who would toddy to them. Residents constantly complain about the changes-food quality has been downgraded; mgrs. attitude on all issues-we will take care of it-it's not your problem. Basically-MYOB-We are in charge. Concerned about CYA not the welfare of the residents.

Advice to Management

REPLACE THE MGMT AND REPLACE THEM WITH PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT THE RESIDENTS. Start living the values you promote on your corporate website. Remember, you are taking care of an elderly population-vulnerable people. While I realize this is a business, if you have any humanity, please take care of the residents.