Resort Lifestyle Communities Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Breck Collingsworth
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Concept, spinning their wheels"

I worked at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful core values, great company concepts, genuinely tries to take care of the residents they serve. Couldn't have loved the residents or team I worked with more.

Cons

A lot of growth, very fast, without some vital infrastructure to support it. Beginning to lose the power to maintain their core values. as upper management becomes more out of touch. Incredibly high turnover.

Advice to Management

If a number of your locations are experiencing the same issues, solutions should be found and implemented before the relentless drive forward. Get back ahead of the curve in staffing and infrastructure.

"anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Resort Lifestyle Communities part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Used to be a great place to work; great everyday working staff. Community had feel of family environment.

Cons

New management does not have ethics toward staff or residents. Fired long time respected staff and hired inexperienced staff who would toddy to them. Residents constantly complain about the changes-food quality has been downgraded; mgrs. attitude on all issues-we will take care of it-it's not your problem. Basically-MYOB-We are in charge. Concerned about CYA not the welfare of the residents.

Advice to Management

REPLACE THE MGMT AND REPLACE THEM WITH PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT THE RESIDENTS. Start living the values you promote on your corporate website. Remember, you are taking care of an elderly population-vulnerable people. While I realize this is a business, if you have any humanity, please take care of the residents.

"Finally.... A company that supports YOU! Welcome to your second family!"

Current Employee - Team Player in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Team Player in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has a team of strong leaders that are invested in the residents and employees through communication, followed with support, training, feedback, and mentorship!

Understand this, Senior living is a people business, not a retail business. People change and no two residents, managers, or co workers will be alike, ever.

However, the one thing that is CONSTANT, is the LIFESTYLE, standard of care & culture! Working at a Resort Lifestyle Community has been the best experience in my career. The leaders in this company truly care for you just like family, by listening to you, and deliver results, fairly. I have complete faith and trust that this company is invested in their employees and residents.

If you look, you can find good and bad anywhere, but what you see is a reflection of you, not RLC. Only the strong employees will survive the winds of change, and remain loyal by taking pride in their job that they have been fortunate to have been given with consistency. Coming to work in any of these beautiful communities is an honor! Not to mention the many other things like meals, paid holidays, bonuses and so much more!

At RLC, having experience with multiple managers contributes to your professional growth, learning to view and approach through multiple lenses broadens your ability to be successful. I have read the reviews and what people don't understand, they criticize. Managers deserve to grow as well, and therefore new assignments become available for them too.

Bottom line, RLC is amazing!!!! .... But, you don't have to take my word for it! See for yourself, but only if you love Seniors, are dependable, a team player, goal-minded, can adapt to unpredictable situations as a professional, take accountability and ownership and give more than you take. Otherwise, you won't deserve to work here, but if you are seriously wanting to grow in your career, you will learn from the best here!

Cons

All the residents are amazing, there's just not enough time in the day to enjoy them all each day! It's hard to find cons when everyone is enjoying such an amazing lifestyle!

Advice to Management

You can't do everything and be everywhere, so continue to hire the right people so you can rest in knowing that your building leaders by being able to delegate.

"Not bad, but not great"

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The residents can be considered a pro and a con, ha! You will meet and work with some of the sweetest, and most wonderful people on a daily basis. You will form great relationships here!

Cons

Again, the residents. They can be a pain. Also, the company is very cheap budget-wise. You'll also hear and see "We're Family" a lot, but the company doesn't treat the employees like family it seems.

Advice to Management

I know the goal is to always make the residents happy, but happy employees are needed for continuous happy residents. Sometimes it seems you don't really think some of the policies through.

"Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time

Pros

Working with the seniors that lived there was great! Company offered good benefits. It was easier to deal with folks in Nebraska than at the community I worked at.

Cons

Resident managers being replaced and having to change the way that you work after you have been there many years.

"HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT!! STAY FAR AWAY!!"

Former Employee - Sales Director in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Director in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The relationships you build with residents and coworkers

Cons

This community has had 3 different management teams  in the short time it's been open. They hire completely incompetent managers who  pass their work onto you and then preach about time management. The managers are disengaged from all  community events and couldn't care less about the wonderful residents. I'll be more specific...  instead of joining the community in remembrance of a resident passing,  they'd rather enjoy room service in their apartment.  Management is constantly harrassing you about sales and tours, but refuse to take any part of the sales process. If a prospect inquires, calls, or comes in on your day off, you'll never know until they call back upset that no one has reached out to them. If you are still considering a position at Emerald Oaks,  mentally prepare yourself for an extreme hostile work environment. It doesn't matter how dedicated you are. I worked hours  pasted my shift, came in on my days off and often took on responsibilities for the betterment of the community.  I led our community to the top of the charts in move ins and Instead of celebrating the successful month we had, I'm called into a private meeting where the managers verbally attacked me with shouts of profanity and threats.   According to manegement,  having the residents best interest at heart has no place in their community.  You express your concerns to corporate but they do nothing.  These people only care about taking advantage of seniors and making money off of the move in. Do yourself a favor and save the heartache.  This company has no place for a good person.

Advice to Management

Implement the company's core values.

"Chef / Night Cook"

Current Employee - Night Cook/Chef
    Current Employee - Night Cook/Chef

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture, small enough still for personalized attention, yet growing

Cons

Growing pains, lacks the structure for current growth.

Advice to Management

Don't turn into a Holiday or Hawthorn type residence!

"Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Family friends environment, great work life balance, autonomy in your day to day operations. Meet the expectations of your job description and you will do well. Assessment of your performance is quite fair.

Cons

Only real con is not a great deal of vertical movement potential. Org chart is very flat, but growing.

No other cons to think of. Job descriptions clearly set expectations, handle your responsibilities and you will succeed.

"Managers emotional"

Former Employee - Marketing in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Marketing in Omaha, NE

I worked at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved the company and gave 110 percent to make community successful

Cons

Manager team micro manage and love to terminate staff. Too much drama In this Omaha community thanks to mouthy and highly emotional manager. Lost great staff members as a result.

Advice to Management

Get better managers that aren't insecure in their position and build team and not destroy team.

"If it sounds too good to be true ..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're provided with the tools to do your job.

Cons

This company culture I was sold on when I accepted this job is a figment of someone's imagination. I was told there's not a traditional hierarchy -- everyone just working together toward the same goal. But when someone tells you to write about the company then limits who you can talk to for information or tells you to act on your professional opinion then overrides your efforts based on someone else's whim, that's the epitome of crippling hierarchy.

Advice to Management

Based on my experience, this is a company that's growing exponentially but hiring incrementally. As a result the people trying to hold down the understaffed fort can't keep up with the ever-growing mountain of work and end up doing jobs other than the one for which they're hired. Worst case is you're not only overworked, you're supervised by someone else who's drowning too and not afraid to use you as a life jacket.