Resort Lifestyle Communities Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Resort Lifestyle Communities Owner Breck Collingsworth
Breck Collingsworth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They provide high quality care to the residents and employees" (in 3 reviews)

• "It's a great place to work, wonderful employees, good benefits and great residents" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons unless you don't like free meals and excellent benefits" (in 3 reviews)

• "as upper management becomes more out of touch" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent Company to work for"

Current Employee - Executive Chef in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Chef in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture in each community is such that our resident satisfaction is #1 and that flows through to the entire team. You've got to love serving seniors. They all become a part of your extended family. I love that I get to be creative when writing weekly menus.

Cons

There are no cons for me. Those who complain, simply aren't cut out for this work. It's as simple as that.

Advice to Management

Stay engaged, build relationships with both residents and your entire team and remember that COMMUNICATION is King!

Oct 18, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review! Certainly, the most important key to our current and future success is to focus on the happiness of our residents. Glad to hear you... More

2. "Overall amazing company to work for."

Current Employee - Concierge in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Concierge in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of great things I could say about working with RLC, but for the sake of keeping it short, I'll pick two of my favorite qualities about the company. 1.) The work/life balance here is amazing, which is so hard to find in a company nowadays. Management has proven time and time again that they still understand what it's like to be a "regular" employee with a family and a life outside of work. 2.) The employees, as well as the residents we work with are all very friendly and the community itself has a very inclusive feel to it which makes it easy to want to come to work. It's truly the best job I've ever had by a long shot.

Cons

I tried really hard, but I can't think of something I dislike about working with RLC; everything about it has been great and I am so happy that I've found a place within the company.

Advice to Management

Whether it be the live in management who I see everyday or off-site management visiting the community, EVERYONE I've met who works for this company has truly been a joy to be around/work with.

3. "Good job, nice people, important to be responsible & reliable"

Current Employee - Server in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Server in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady hours, nice staff & residents, modern workplace, this is a good job for someone who takes initiative to get tasks done, as there is plenty of work to do.
    Free hot meal if there are leftovers at end of shift. Direct deposit. Profit sharing is new. Free parking. Mgrs & supervisors willing to listen to suggestions & reasonable complaints from staff.

Cons

Some positions have high turnover, worked with people who have been incarcerated, minimum wage to start, managers sometimes look down on you, Chef & dishwasher occasionally blow up, some young coworkers are lazy & Supervisor does not address this issue.

Advice to Management

Fix things previous mgmt did not: meal quality issues, guests who do not pay, roof leaks, etc.

4. "Best Job Ever"

Current Employee - Lead Concierge in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Lead Concierge in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Residents are the best. Everyone is treated like family great environment to work in

Cons

Having to leave and go home

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing best manager ever!

5. "Server"

Current Employee - Server in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Resort Lifestyle Communities part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is Free Food after shift

Cons

There are not any cons

Advice to Management

Very nice people & staff.

6. "Community Manager"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Gilbert, AZ

Pros

Great Culture, Fantastic Leadership, good pay and benefits. Immeasurable Rewards.

Cons

Not many - most jobs have their challenges but we are supported through them with this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Concierge
    Current Employee - Concierge

Pros

This company is operated the way I would run a company.
    Employees are friendly, management is competent and the compensation is above and beyond that of the competition.

Cons

There are no cons unless you don't like free meals and excellent benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

8. "Big responsibility with lots of task"

Current Employee - Lead Server in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Lead Server in Charleston, SC

Pros

I love seeing the residents and love the kitchen staff.

Cons

My supervisor doesn’t know how to properly schedule his employees which leaves me to do extra work and more shifts.

Advice to Management

Train supervisors more on managing, and not just focus on serving.

9. "Awesome experience"

Current Employee - Dining Room Manager in Maple River, IA
    Current Employee - Dining Room Manager in Maple River, IA

Pros

Staff is friendly and helpful

Cons

None. so far its great

Advice to Management

Just keeping communication open so that everyone knows what’s going on (they already do this just saying to keep it up)

Dec 27, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We strive to provide a supportive environment for every team member and are glad to hear that has been your experience! Thank, again!

"Exceeded my expectations"

Current Employee - Food Server in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Food Server in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

Really enjoying working with RLC and impressed that everyone (including high level management) is hands on deck. Worked a grand opening and saw the CFO cleaning up tables afterwards.... Day to day the people are great and the environment is happy.

Cons

split shifts for servers- shifts are short

Advice to Management

Have no real advice- you all know what you are doing

Dec 27, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us and others! It is great to hear that you are thoroughly enjoying your time so far at RLC.