Resource Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Patient support rep"

Former Employee - Patient Support Representative in Rutherfordton, NC
    Former Employee - Patient Support Representative in Rutherfordton, NC

I worked at Resource Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Training was long but they were a great help. Easy systems to learn and use.

Cons

Poor people in the community. It's hard to help them when they won't help themselves. They won't turn in the proper paperwork.

Advice to Management

Management was great

"if you can keep looking , don't work for them."

Former Employee - Patient Support Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Patient Support Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Resource Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the only good thing I could say about the company is that I met some really cool coworkers.

Cons

don't waste your time working for them, they will tell that they will promote within six months which is not true, I didn't get a raise in the two years I worked for them and the benefits are horrible , they lied to me and told me that they had to let me go because my position was being eliminated which I found that it wasn't true , I had no idea I was being let go and they told me that I had to sing a non compete agreement and the Friday after I did I was fired with no notice and no severance pay and they knew I couldn't collect unemployment because I had a weekend job. so if you can my advice to you is keep looking.

Advice to Management

work on your work ethics because they leave a lot to be desired

"Poor training and sub-par work environment"

Current Employee - Patient Support Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Patient Support Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Resource Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management tried to be supportive, but they were often too busy to give all the support that was needed at times. It is a fast paced work environment and gives good insight into the healthcare industry.

Cons

The training was poor and did not prepare employees for the variety of work situations with patients. Employees were often put in situations that they were not prepared for. The 'rules and regulations' were continually changing but employees were seldom made aware of the changes. The benefits and salary were low and the 'politics' in management were unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Even in a small company the politics were apparent and management needs to be equal in their treatment of employees (ie, favoritism seems rampant). Managements needs to improve employee communication and training.

"An unethical company could not get worse and this could become your worst nightmare"

Pros

You work for a company that is based of many hospital sites and you may experience different facilities. When things were still good you were not micro-managed but currently this is not the case. You get experience on many sides of the hospital business and you get a paycheck.

Cons

Change is good but not when they change company policy every 3 months or make important changes but only discuss it with a quarter of the staff and pop the surprise to everyone else weeks later. Forget getting a raise unless you are considered a favorite. Be careful this company is very deceitful.

Advice to Management

Say no to nepotism! Maybe you should learn to be less obvious when making major decisions unethically because you can cause the company a law suit.