Resource Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

Found 38 reviews

3.1
Kelly Mooney
  1. "Awesome Place To Work"

I have been working at Resource Interactive full-time

Pros

Fantastic culture, smart people, collaborative environment, awesome thought leadership

Cons

Frequent change, relies heaviliy on process/strategic frameworks

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on growing better managers - across functions/teams

Resource Interactive2013-10-16
  2. "Sr. Account Manager"

I worked at Resource Interactive full-time

Pros

Provides you with great resources for education (internal university and books upon being hired and brown bag meetings)

Cons

Management and leadership is really bad and needs improvement, especially with remote offices. Constant changing of structure and titles in the account management and project management teams, created team and internal confusion and overload of responsibilities leading to struggle.

Resource Interactive2017-08-12
  3. "Licensed insurance agent for Florida Blue"

I worked at Resource Interactive

Pros

None none none none none none

Cons

Horrible company to work for.... They don't know what they doing, its a mess 100%. Plus they kept my last paycheck and after 3 months haven't get anything. I will write to the DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND BETTER BUSINESS B. Don't work here///

Resource Interactive2016-11-16
  4. "Project Management"

I worked at Resource Interactive full-time

Pros

Many talented, passionate people worked at Resource during my time with the company.

Cons

Politics, politics, politics ! This company's culture was completely unprofessional and chaotic. Immature upper management encouraged unprofessional behavior by associates/staff. Overworked and under-valued Project Management staff.

Advice to Management

Stop enabling bad behavior by management. Appreciate the good talent you have outside of the Creative roles.

Resource Interactive2016-01-14

"Disappointing When Compared to its Reputation"

I have been working at Resource Interactive

Pros

It's open to people bringing their dogs to work and occasionally has parties and free food. It also has a fairly good name in the community.

Cons

This is a very cliquish company where the politicizing 'cool kids' move up the ladder. They seem to hire project managers that have never managed a technology project. They spent money to expand, but not to keep long-time employees.

Advice to Management

Give employees opportunity and incentive to learn and advance their skills, so they can help advance others and the company as a whole.

Resource Interactive2015-04-05

"Nice People (Mostly), No Process"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Resource Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the people I worked with were nice Understanding of work/life balance

Cons

No processes exist, so nothing is ever done the same way twice and nobody examines what is being done to see if it could be done better the next time Employees get rewarded for working long, extra hours because no requirements work is done up front with the clients -- if you can't work the extra hours, don't expect to get ahead with this company Requirements are not gathered by people who know how to elicit requirements,...

Advice to Management

Examine closely how projects are currently handled and look into processes such as having business analysts gather requirements up front, have clients sign off on requirements (including screen shots) and then develop in iterations. The iterations, when done correctly, allow the client to see what is being done each iteration so that the development team gets continual feedback and the client is involved every step of...

Resource Interactive2015-02-18

"How things have changed"

I worked at Resource Interactive full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is a strong culture of innovation and forward-thinking with the Resource Lab team, always sharing ideas and new ways of doing things. It's also a highly creative shop with some very talented designers and creative directors. The training program was at the time one of the best I knew of for an agency. The company also the "thought leadership" approach nailed with their OPEN Brands.

Cons

There has been a significant shift in the company, away from the founding values to one of "churn and burn." When the company grew quickly the culture shifted and the company has been re-organized multiple times to address both client and employee satisfaction issues, with little improvement. There was also an expectation that the work day never stops, that people need to check in during non-working times and to do more...

Advice to Management

Re-embrace the culture that everyone used to talk about as your winning advantage. Trust your associates when they tell you something isn't working and then listen to their suggestions.

Resource Interactive2014-12-01
  8. "Good thought leadership"

I worked at Resource Interactive

Pros

Great top level leadership and vision, particularly for an agency. Lots of (somewhat typical for agency) perks and good culture.

Cons

Advancement can be difficult given lack of hierarchy. Pay isn't great.

Advice to Management

Ensure advancement path is clear.

Resource Interactive2014-09-12

"This company is in a slow death spiral - Moral is low, bonuses non-existent, loosing clients"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Resource Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

work from home option is the only good thing

Cons

compensation is below industry norms benefits are average at best super high churn rate of staff - 4 project managers on one client in a year, really? constant re-orgs and random layoff rounds

Advice to Management

When the CFO jumps ship, you know you have about 6 months before things get bad. Moving way too slow to fix things.

Resource Interactive2014-10-03

"I still love coming to work, but there a some days..."

I have been working at Resource Interactive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really enjoy the work I do and my peers are great. They do a good job of trying to keep the culture and work environment fun and involved. Support from font-line managers is good, however, support from upper management seems to be non-existent sometimes.

Cons

Sometimes I leave the office shaking my head wondering what upper management was thinking. Things that should be a priority are often overlooked and things that really don't make a difference to the bottom-line are celebrated.

Resource Interactive2014-07-10