Resourcing Edge Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I love REI!"

Current Employee - Director of Strategic Accounts in Rockwall, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Strategic Accounts in Rockwall, TX

I have been working at Resourcing Edge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

REI is a great place to work. They are a growing organization that still has a small, family feel. They are strategic in their business operations, which is a plus in this industry. There is opportunity to hear for the people who want it. The leadership at the helm of this company is top notch !

Cons

Not having the right people in the right roles will hinder growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

As you seek to grow you have to have people that are visionaries leading your teams otherwise you will not see the success you are striving for. Keep up the communication you have with the employees - employees perform better when the feel they are valued and have a voice.

2. "Sharp People, Sharp Solutions"

I have been working at Resourcing Edge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We recently celebrated an employee's 10 year anniversary that has worked in multiple departments. This speaks to the company's commitment to their employees. I've worked here several years, yet there is always something to learn each day! No matter what department you work in, whether you work a lot with clients and their employees or you have little to no contact with the clients or their employees, you are contributing to ease the life of others by ensuring that our clients and their employees receive their pay accurately and timely, and that their HR, Benefits, Workers Comp and other Employment needs are met. Internally we often gather to have fun and socialize in different settings allowing us to interact with our fellow coworkers that we may not interact with regularly. #Employee Engagement!

Cons

This industry is not for everyone. There can be many challenges. Our motto: "Sharp People, Sharp Solutions" is our motto for a reason: Human Resources can be a challenge and it can take thinking outside the box to meet all the demands.

Advice to Management

Keep up with plenty of employee communication and interaction so that no one gets lost in the shuffle. And, be sure that too much is not added to any one person or department too fast. Change may be inevitable but people do need time to learn, grow and adapt before taking on new exciting challenges.

3. "Looking forward to the future"

Current Employee - Business Development in Rockwall, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development in Rockwall, TX

I have been working at Resourcing Edge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. The benefits are the best I have ever had. Medical and most ancillary are fully paid. High 401k match and compensation is above industry average. This a fast growing company AND industry so be prepared to work and learn as things are changing. There is great opportunity in the direction this organization is headed.

Cons

The only con I can speak of is an issue that all companies face, and that is not everyone fits into the company culture. The employee engagement is great and REI has events for the holidays and other team building exercises to help introduce and bring people together from different departments. It will never be perfect but keep trying!

4. "Stay away unless family of CEO"

Current Employee - Vice President in Rockwall, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Rockwall, TX

I have been working at Resourcing Edge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great location, however not many other pros. Just a poorly run organization with too many bad managers and problems. Stay away...

Cons

Benefits are terrible. They "rule" with a culture of fear. Inconsistent management, policies and procedures. You never know if your next to go no matter how great of a job you are doing.

5. "human resources"

I have been working at Resourcing Edge full-time

Pros

As long as you come to work everyday with the mindset that you want to grow as an employee and scale the business you will love it here. If you are not driven and determined to come in and work hard everyday then the PEO industry isn't for you. When I say work hard I do not mean countless hours, I mean come in and work towards learning new things everyday and being open to the idea and concept that you won't know every answer.

Cons

This might not be the largest company and therefore some of the compensation might not be what you are expecting. On the flip side that can also be a pro for those that like that feeling of the smaller company.

Advice to Management

Take managers opinions on employees and reward those who need it more often.

6. "Returning Former Employee"

Current Employee - Benefits Specialist
    Current Employee - Benefits Specialist

I have been working at Resourcing Edge full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I was an employee for over 8 years and decided to take the plunge and pursue a career with another company. After 8 months I have returned to Resourcing Edge. There were many things I found that I was missing once I left Resourcing Edge. The first being the feeling of family. Resourcing Edge is very family-oriented and believes strongly in a life/work balance. The second being the feeling of being appreciated and valued. These are things that you take for granted until you move on to another company and then it is no longer there. Resourcing Edge is a wonderful place to work!

Cons

There is nothing negative that I can add.

7. "Sales"

Pros

The Company has a culture of acceptance, tolerance and respect. They give you the tools to be successful and lead you to be. They have a passion for helping companies grow as well as employees. Strong salary potential, strong growth and good support from operations.

Cons

It's not central to the metroplex but Rockwall is a great suburb.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The vision is strong and the path to success is stronger.

8. "Family and Friends off CEO ONLY"

I worked at Resourcing Edge full-time

Pros

I have seen zero PROS.

Cons

Unless you are a friend or family member of CEO do not expect to be anything more than what you are hired in as. No promotions from within, unless you are family or a friend of CEO.

Advice to Management

Stop viewing employees as sheep, and empower them to make a difference. Do not manage through FEAR.

"Cannot keep employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Rockwall, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Rockwall, TX

I have been working at Resourcing Edge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay but still lower than competitors. Employee health insurance provided but with a very high deductible. Ice machines, water and coffee provided.

Cons

Company cannot keep good employees; turnover is exceptionally high causing morale to be exceptionally low. All departments are short staffed making it impossible to deliver a high level of customer service. Management needs to be selected more carefully. Too many managers trying to make themselves look good instead of instilling team work and cohesiveness in their departments.

Advice to Management

Hire individuals who know the business; especially managers. Ensure all departments are well staffed and well trained. Fear is not a good motivator, it only causes undo stress on your staff. Try building up your employees instead of constantly tearing them down.

10. "Small Company Issues"

I worked at Resourcing Edge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits and pay were competitive the offices were new and in a great location. The newly hired staffed always worked well together.

Cons

It was a struggle to work with the individuals that were employed from day one the processes and training were non-existent.