Responsys Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Responsys CEO Dan Springer
Dan Springer

Pros
  • Work/life balance is very reasonable and work environment is easy-going (in 11 reviews)

• Good email marketing technology platform (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Demanding pace causes the usual juggling work-life balance challenges (in 5 reviews)

• Zero investment in employee career growth within Oracle (in 4 reviews)

"Great company where your destiny is ultimately in your hands."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Pros

The people here are amazing. There's an high-level of mutual respect among co-workers. The environment is laid back and relaxed, even though many of us are busy beyond belief. Ultimately, you determine your success here. If you're willing to work harder and smarter than your colleagues, you'll generally be rewarded accordingly. No one is penalized for just "doing their job", but management clearly recognizes those who go "above and beyond".

Cons

It's tough to balance your work/personal life. Management will not stop from taking on too much work, so its up to you to manage your workload. Fortunately, no one is penalized for saying "no" when they've got enough on their plate. No matter how much I can talk this place up, at the end of the day, it's just like any other job and has it's problems.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what the people in the trenches and what the clients are saying. Some decisions are being made up in the ivory tower that do not align with what has made us successful to this point.

2. "Great company with great people and opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Very relaxed and friendly work environment
    Competitive pay
    Management involvement in day-to-day operations
    Good communication from management on performance and career path
    Great work/life balance
    Co-workers are the best in the industry and highly intelligent
    Extremely competent senior management
    Defined vision within the marketplace for the company
    Great locations with ability to transfer

Cons

Fast growth can create workload issues
    Evolution from private to public company has added process
    Performance review process should be updated and standardized

Advice to Management

Continue to be a world-class leadership team and make sure to reward top performers as you do today. The company has so much potential and there are so many invested in the overall success. Keep Responsys a fun and rewarding place to work, and the employees will continue to deliver.

"Best Place I have worked so far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Pros

In my role I am given the respect and trust to do my Job well. I am provided the flexibility to manage my own responsibilities at work and at home. Management and team members are consistent about always providing praise for a job well done and that makes you feel good when you are working hard. I have a good book of clients that lean on my for support in completing their goals. The job has been very rewarding in almost all areas. I have to say this has been the best place I have worked in my career and have referred several colleagues to Responsys since my inception. If you are looking to join a growing company thats is at the top of their Game Responsys is a great place to be.

Cons

Not enough desk space.
    Lacking some process for internal functions.
    Not clear on promotion levels.

Advice to Management

Keep it coming.

"Great to be a part of such an innovating company with the brightest individuals in the industry."

Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Imagine working with the brightest individuals in the industry, promoting the best product in the industry, for a company that is seeing incredible growth. That's the experience at Responsys.

Cons

When a company is growing at this rate, there are often some organizational issues that need to be fixed. The company has done a great job in adapting to change as we continue to grow as the leaders of our industry.

"My experience with Responsys has been on of continued learning, sharing, and growing both personally and professionally."

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The people at Responsys are great. Everyone, including upper management, is eager to help you learn and succeed. As a sales person I always have a great reason to reach out to prospects, whether it be the newest Forrester report, an amazing event we are hosting, or just simply being the top ESP in the Industry, I love the opportunities to help me sell here. I know that in the hot spot for technology companies, I am at one of the best!

Cons

I wish there were more efforts to drive more inbound leads.

Advice to Management

Great work! I love the open door policy and knowing I can come to you with any questions!

"Responsys has grown me as a professional and a person more than any other company I've worked for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Responsys is a fast-paced powerhouse of learning and executing. Employees are counted on and made to feel important, because they are. Everyone has the same goal and that's to take the company to the next level. There's no room for selfish people at Responsys because of the camaraderie and teamwork instilled here.

Cons

If you're not a go-getter and a driven individual, you'll never make it at Responsys.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire the best and brightest to continue the growth of this company.

8. "Great work atmosphere with incredible career growth potential."

Current Employee - Sales Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Very rare to find a 700 million dollar public company that is growing faster than it can hire. Responsys always looks to fill senior level positions internally first. If you perform that this company you will get promoted very quickly.

Cons

Even though it is a really good job, it's still a job.

Advice to Management

Keep the workplace competitive with more individual and team performance based contests.

9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

people are amazing. so much upside. really cool space to work in also. cool vision that's relevant to what's happening in the world today.

Love it!

Cons

need more office space. growth so fast

Advice to Management

get some more space. done a great job promoting from within and empowering really smart people-- keep it up!

"3 years in, this is still the best employment experience of my life"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are incredibly bright and enjoyable. This starts at the executive level, and is pervasive throughout the whole company. The quality of the people, which has always been great, continues to improve. Clients see a meaningful difference in the power of Responsys' relationship marketing capabilities, and pay a premium for those strengths.

The outlook for Responsys is excellent. The company is grabbing market share away from antiquated competitors in its core email marketing business, and is leveraging its strength in customer data management to apply its strength in targeting and personalization to emerging channels like display, mobile and social.

The company prefers to promote from within, so once you're onboard, the sky is the limit when it comes to career advancement.

Cons

Nothing significant comes to mind.

Advice to Management

Accelerate investment in emerging channels. Maintain the culture and high standards for hiring.

11. "Great internship"

Current Intern - Business Development Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Business Development Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, lots of opportunities, easy to learn about whatever you want. The people are so helpful and genuinely want you to succeed here, and they will do whatever they can to get you where you need to go. Great location, stocked snack room, and occassional work events. I had a lot to talk about when interviewing for my next job, and they definitely have opportunities within the company with a high growth rate. The only reason I didn't stay was because the new job I found was much closer to home and I wouldn't have to take the train to the city everyday. The history of interns here is pretty incredible, most coming from top schools and either staying at the company or going to large organizations like Twitter.

Cons

My only con was the commute from the south bay, but everything else is great!