Responsys Reviews | Glassdoor

Responsys Reviews

Updated May 3, 2017

Current Employees

Pros
  • Work/life balance is very reasonable and work environment is easy-going (in 11 reviews)

• Good email marketing technology platform (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Demanding pace causes the usual juggling work-life balance challenges (in 6 reviews)

• Zero investment in employee career growth within Oracle (in 4 reviews)

"Lively environment with can-do attitude"

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful environment to work in.
    People are passionate about what they do.
    Everyone is willing to help and encourage one another.
    Start up feel

Cons

Being acquired by Oracle
    Not THAT much room for growth
    Median salaries
    Location of SF office
    Not much interaction between the offices

Advice to Management

Try to keep same start-up feel even though being acquired by Oracle

"Great working environment in the corporate world."

Current Employee - Campaign Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Campaign Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employee atmosphere, collaborative work environment, and plenty of room for growth. Company has strong value of work/life balance, including great outings and company sponsored activities.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive for comparable industry positions. Upcoming acquisition by Oracle is going to restrict some of the perks that are currently in place.

"Business is set to grow, good culture for younger tech savvy people."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, culture, opportunities for promotion and growth. New learning opportunities are always around the corner. You'll definitely stay busy. Opportunities to work from home in many positions.

Cons

Project management and workflow is sometimes inconsistent. Slower than average to adopt new technologies and ideas. Culture subject to change and potential degradation as company grows larger.

Advice to Management

Streamline your communication process. Keep things relevant and straight forward.

5. "Coming up on my 3 year anniversary at Responsys and the time has flown by!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow colleagues are in it to win it. Mutual respect and desire to success across all facets of the organization. There's a true sense of ownership at this company. In addition, the company continues to invest in securing top talent across product, marketing, sales, and engineering. We remain at the top of our game despite some competitors being acquired by larger SaaS firms.

Cons

Don't come to Responsys if you plan on just getting by. You need to be smart and put in some sweat equity to succeed here.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay ahead of the curve. We operate in a very disruptive marketplace and must invest in our people, technology, and partnerships to remain on top.

"Could be worse, but could be better."

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Downtown SF location is perfect, and Responsys really knows how to hire nice, hard-working and innovative people. For the most part, the team I work with is awesome. Good benefits, that continue to get even better.

Cons

Compensation leaves something to be desired. Salaries really need to be well negotiated up front, because any raises after initial hiring will be the bare minimum. Some promotions are in "title only". Responsys is a growing company, and hires a lot of senior level people, which can leave its current employees feeling passed over. Work/Life balance can be out of whack, and salaried employees who consistently work more than 40 hours per week, are not always acknowledged for their hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on growing a great company, but don't forget about your longtime employees.

7. "We're a force to be reckoned with!"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Greatest office culture ever where ambitious results are always rewarded. Responsys is still growing and beating all the competition with our superior product and excellent service.

Lots of folks leaving other companies because the hours aren't long and the workload is manageable. New School Marketing works.

Revenue is always growing and everyone is trying to join us because we love profit! Many will apply but very few will get accepted. Only the best can be part of our success story.

Cons

We need more team building after office hours to keep up the momentum. Most of all, the wonderful reviews here are all real unlike many from our competitors (who are usually pressured by HQ to write good reviews).

Advice to Management

Stay the course because we are winning the future!

8. "Good energy, good support from upper management"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary, decent hours, decent office environment, good coworkers, awesome upper management, really good benefits, snacks, CEO seems to genuinely care if people are happy at his company.

Cons

Small number of women in leadership, overworked campaign/QA/production staff, low number of perks for an SF tech company.

Advice to Management

Focus on hiring for anticipated new business, throw in a couple of fun quirky perks, standardize processes across accounts.

"Overworked Employees. No Growth Opportunities."

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really nice coworkers that make it hard to leave behind.

Cons

VERY over worked employees. High level of dissatisfaction amongst employees. No growth opportunities. Company takes revenue and stock holders over employee happiness. High turn over in employees.

"Amazing internship with great people and a lot of growth opportunities."

Current Intern - Sales Enablement Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Sales Enablement Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Responsys has a great company culture. Everyone is very friendly, outgoing, open, and interested in helping you learn as much as you can during your time here. Responsys truly works to have everyone succeed as a team. There are a lot of growth opportunities and the work you do as an intern is useful and appreciated. I have learned a lot about the industry and business through talking with other employees about their experience prior to and at Responsys. Through this internship I was able to attend the BootCamp trainings for new hires. This was an amazing experience because not only was I able to gain a deep understanding of Responsys but I was also able to connect with more people throughout the company worldwide and gain serious real world experience of what a job like this would entail. This is a great internship because you are able to dive deep into your specific job, while also constantly learning about other aspects of the company.

Cons

The commute from the south bay is long, but definitely worth it to work in the city and at Responsys.

"Working with brilliant and fun people. Senior management needs improvement"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

- Very talented, responsible and self-motivated colleagues
    - Everyone's approachable and help each other out, so collaboration is easy
    - Learn very applicable technical skills
    - Don't spend too much time maintaining legacy code. New projects are interesting, exciting and make use of good technologies
    - Pay is okay, and work/life balance is very good. Generally normal work hours
    - People are generally social and fun to hang out with. Social events don't feel like forced obligations

Cons

- Senior management very slow to resolve problems for engineers. Engineering with subpar dev environment for 1+ yr
    - Management approach becoming less trustful of engineers just doing their jobs; more micromanagement
    - Benefits not as competitive and getting a bit worse, e.g. recently placed stricter conditions on mobile data plan reimbursement

Advice to Management

If you want to retain and attract talents, listen to your people and trust them to do their work well, and improve your compensation and benefits.