Responsys Reviews | Glassdoor

Responsys Reviews

Current Employees

Pros
  • Work/life balance is very reasonable and work environment is easy-going (in 11 reviews)

• Good email marketing technology platform (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Demanding pace causes the usual juggling work-life balance challenges (in 5 reviews)

• Zero investment in employee career growth within Oracle (in 4 reviews)

1. "Fast Paced, Challenging, Meritocratic Sales Group"

I have been working at Responsys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of responsibility early
    Good energy
    Fair pay & incentives
    Lots to learn
    Very good opportunity for career growth
    Smart management
    Strong strategy and direction

Cons

Steep learning curve can be challenging
    Loose structure
    Not everyone is on the same page

Advice to Management

The steep learning curve, high expectations, and high levels are responsibility are fun and rewarding. Joining the team can be overwhelming at first so be sure to continue to improve the on-boarding process and learning opportunities.

2. "Great Team to help me out with Onboarding"

I have been working at Responsys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Responsys for 3 weeks now and I am very happy. Both my manager and my director were in constant contact with me even before I even started my position. This was nice and helped me feel comfortable coming in on my first day. My manager and team has been very attentive and answered all my questions about the material. I am very excited to continue to pursue my career here at Responsys.

Cons

I think that the on boarding handbook could use some fine tuning but aside from that I thought the on boarding has been great

3. "Responsys is a great young company that is growing every day and provides a phenomenal work experience."

Current Employee - Campaign Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay
    A lot of opportunity
    Good management layer
    The best people in the industry
    Industry leader
    Great culture

Cons

Rapid growth can be a challenge
    A lot of new people every day
    Some teams operate in silos

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on innovation and the people that do the work.

5. "Great potential but too disorganized"

Current Employee - Product Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits and salary are great. You get to work interact with some great clients and learn a lot about email marketing from a market leader.

Cons

Management is still trying to find its way and is disorganized. The company still has a lot of growing up to do. Lack of career development.

Advice to Management

Since the company is so spread out and global, management needs to do a better job of providing a successful work environment for all types of employees.

6. "Fast paced, growing company, lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Campaign Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Campaign Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Compensation, room for growth

Cons

Need to keep pace with hiring

7. "Great internship"

Current Intern - Business Development Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Business Development Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, lots of opportunities, easy to learn about whatever you want. The people are so helpful and genuinely want you to succeed here, and they will do whatever they can to get you where you need to go. Great location, stocked snack room, and occassional work events. I had a lot to talk about when interviewing for my next job, and they definitely have opportunities within the company with a high growth rate. The only reason I didn't stay was because the new job I found was much closer to home and I wouldn't have to take the train to the city everyday. The history of interns here is pretty incredible, most coming from top schools and either staying at the company or going to large organizations like Twitter.

Cons

My only con was the commute from the south bay, but everything else is great!

"3 years in, this is still the best employment experience of my life"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are incredibly bright and enjoyable. This starts at the executive level, and is pervasive throughout the whole company. The quality of the people, which has always been great, continues to improve. Clients see a meaningful difference in the power of Responsys' relationship marketing capabilities, and pay a premium for those strengths.

The outlook for Responsys is excellent. The company is grabbing market share away from antiquated competitors in its core email marketing business, and is leveraging its strength in customer data management to apply its strength in targeting and personalization to emerging channels like display, mobile and social.

The company prefers to promote from within, so once you're onboard, the sky is the limit when it comes to career advancement.

Cons

Nothing significant comes to mind.

Advice to Management

Accelerate investment in emerging channels. Maintain the culture and high standards for hiring.

"Fantastic people that will be your best friends if you want them to be"

Current Employee - Professional Services in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Services in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location, location, location. You can't get better than the location for the S.F. office. Very young group with lots of energy. You work way over 40 hours per week but you can learn all about email marketing. Work from home is allowed.

Cons

Very limited opportunity for career growth. Use this place as stepping stone to advance your career. Work two years and move on. Do not expect a high paying wage for the kind of work you do.

Advice to Management

You need to take care of your people. Every since the company went public you have forgotten to pay salary increases across the board. There are some employees here that have not gotten a pay raise or promotion in three years.

10. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are really helpful and nice to work with.

Cons

Less opportunity to grow within.

Advice to Management

Great People. Keep up the good work

"Positive, collaborative atmosphere"

Current Employee - Operations Staff in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Staff in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Despite the workload, everyone I work with is positive and upbeat. Even though it seems everyone has more tasks assigned to them than can reasonably be done in 40hrs/wk, everyone still will make time to help their coworkers. Everyone I work with is selfless and team oriented.
    Management is encouraging and generous with acknowledging good, hard work. Management is aware of the workload and makes a great effort to let the staff know that they are appreciated.
    Responsys does a great job of promoting from within so it is easy to see a future with the company.

Cons

The workload is very heavy and sometimes it seems as if there is no end in sight. It is difficult to go home every night knowing that your task list has gotten longer and not shorter.

Advice to Management

Hire more people but continue to be cautious about who you bring on board. Don't panic and over-hire to the point where a dip in revenue would lead to layoffs.