Responsys Reviews | Glassdoor

Responsys Reviews

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Demanding pace causes the usual juggling work-life balance challenges (in 6 reviews)

• Zero investment in employee career growth within Oracle (in 4 reviews)

"Not a climate that fosters innovation"

I have been working at Responsys part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Decent work life balance

Cons

- Lacks climate for innovation, Politics galore
    - Limited career development and learning opportunities
    - Too much focus internally, product development slow, frozen and jerky, way too much time spent building band aid solutions that really dont inspire
    - Employees score high on arrogance and less on smartness or ease to work with
    - Non-tech savvy customers and sales organization
    - Archaic technology stack to work with
    - Stingy benefits, no free food, gym, miserly 401k plans

Advice to Management

- Seriously consider the neighborhood you are part of, what is your value propostition in the silicon valley for a prospective employee to come and work for. Neither a technology powerhouse nor a thought leader necessarily with a culture that stifles innovation is a bad recipe to attract top talent

2. "Sr. Management takes a mckinsey consulting approach to employees- fails to see value in offering training and mentoring"

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

flexibility can be good for some positions

Cons

low salaries for some areas, significant turn-over in some departments

"Amazing internship with great people and a lot of growth opportunities."

Current Intern - Sales Enablement Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Sales Enablement Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Responsys has a great company culture. Everyone is very friendly, outgoing, open, and interested in helping you learn as much as you can during your time here. Responsys truly works to have everyone succeed as a team. There are a lot of growth opportunities and the work you do as an intern is useful and appreciated. I have learned a lot about the industry and business through talking with other employees about their experience prior to and at Responsys. Through this internship I was able to attend the BootCamp trainings for new hires. This was an amazing experience because not only was I able to gain a deep understanding of Responsys but I was also able to connect with more people throughout the company worldwide and gain serious real world experience of what a job like this would entail. This is a great internship because you are able to dive deep into your specific job, while also constantly learning about other aspects of the company.

Cons

The commute from the south bay is long, but definitely worth it to work in the city and at Responsys.

"Depends on department you land in. Favorites are played."

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

Good people
    Some departments are better than others.
    Teamwork is not necessarily top priority

Cons

Thanks for the small raise. It was like getting the 10 cent an hour raise. I am now earning less due to inflation. I see staff here work hard and generally there is no opportunity to grow. Good to get experience then leave.

Advice to Management

Grow your staff.

"Working with brilliant and fun people. Senior management needs improvement"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

- Very talented, responsible and self-motivated colleagues
    - Everyone's approachable and help each other out, so collaboration is easy
    - Learn very applicable technical skills
    - Don't spend too much time maintaining legacy code. New projects are interesting, exciting and make use of good technologies
    - Pay is okay, and work/life balance is very good. Generally normal work hours
    - People are generally social and fun to hang out with. Social events don't feel like forced obligations

Cons

- Senior management very slow to resolve problems for engineers. Engineering with subpar dev environment for 1+ yr
    - Management approach becoming less trustful of engineers just doing their jobs; more micromanagement
    - Benefits not as competitive and getting a bit worse, e.g. recently placed stricter conditions on mobile data plan reimbursement

Advice to Management

If you want to retain and attract talents, listen to your people and trust them to do their work well, and improve your compensation and benefits.

"Wonderful work environment with Awesome Morale"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

Nice pay
    Dynamic team that keeps you expect what to happen every day
    Fast growth of the company

Cons

The company is growing stable, so the corporate structure is already set and is less likely to evolve

"Very poor morale"

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location. Great offices that are fairly new.

Cons

Underhanded management team. Going to HR with any complaints is a complete joke. Very underhanded and sneaky.

Advice to Management

Please stop encouraging employees to go to glassdoor and post good reviews. Spend your time training managers first.

"Great company, best job/career I have had."

Current Employee - Senior Director, Customer Success in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Director, Customer Success in Denver, CO

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People are great...in general A-players. Executive team is great...very little turn over in management staff (good thing). Mangement is very approachable...not a lot of focus on chains of command.

Benefits are good as is compensation. As long as a person is working hard, doing the right things, getting their jobs done, a lot of autonomy and independence.

Responsys is in hot space (marketing SaaS) and continues to be a leader with great product and great customer list.

Responsys continues to grow/expand which creates a lot of opportunity.

Cons

Work life balance can be hard to achieve sometimes. Company is growing fast and sometimes systems/information management, etc. does not keep up.

As a public company, a lot of focus on finance/legal process/guidelines. All necessary but creates some challenges sometimes.

While the new ESPP program is great, stock options (retention, etc.) is lacking.

Advice to Management

Focus on keeping Responsys a fun place to work. Think about how to compensate/retain employees.

9. "Amazing Internship with Great Opportunities"

Current Intern - Sales Development Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Sales Development Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Responsys has a great culture. Everyone is outgoing and friendly. There are really smart people that are willing to take time to share their knowledge and answer questions. Everyone around me is looking out for me and leading me in a direction toward success. There is a strong sense of teamwork. The work we do as interns is valued and acknowledged, which is rewarding. I've had the opportunity to listen in on sales calls and meet with people from other departments to hear what they are doing. I'm only halfway through my internship and I've already learned a lot. The city is a fun place to work. I've really enjoyed my time so far at Responsys.

Cons

The commute is far, but worth it.

10. "Fantastic Internship!"

Current Intern - Sales Development in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Sales Development in New York, NY

I have been working at Responsys as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, fantastic management that truly cares about your development as a professional. You are able to get advice from some of the top leaders in the industry and learn from the best! If you're looking for an insightful and challenging internship, Responsys is the place. Get the pleasure to work with some of the hardest workers around that will inspire you to push yourself in every aspect. You will be given every opportunity to thrive here and if you can not, take a closer look at your work ethic.

Cons

My only con was not being able to see my boss more due to being NYC and he in San Francisco. (This was my choice to stay in NYC)

Advice to Management

Continue to provide training and opportunities to succeed.