Restaurant Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeffrey R. Kiesel

Pros
  • Good people; customer relationships not ideal (in 6 reviews)

• Great company with industry-leading technology (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • As a depot leader you can expect the work/life balance equation to be heavily skewed towards work in a 7 days per week operation (in 6 reviews)

• This leads to long hours with high stress and burn out potential (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great company. Many many opportunities."

Current Employee - Service Technician in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and travel time is awesome. Great opportunities to make it further in the company. I'd recommended this job to a lot of people.

Cons

Communication between certain depos aren't the same as others. Some training isn't completed the way it should be because of time frames and communications.

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved the National Account I took care of most of the time. The technology was great when it worked. All the tools you needed to close the sale.

Cons

Much more travel than expected no quality of life.Equipment had many issues because the accounts staff was young and inexperienced. My Boss was a micro manager and couldn't understand when someone didn't want our product.The Pay didn't match the hours invested.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people for a change...

"Another good company led in the wrong direction for short term profit."

Former Employee - Ops in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Ops in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the support teams were excellent to work with. Local team was topnotch

Cons

0 work life balance. On call 24/7/364. Constant unethical behavior by sales leaders. Short term management focus.

Advice to Management

Ditch some of the senior management. CEO came off as a giant shmuck to the hourly hands due to his insensitivity and over the top bullying attitude.

"Account Specialist"

Former Employee - Account Managerial in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Account Managerial in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people; customer relationships not ideal

Cons

Too much time devoted to minor issues

Advice to Management

Invest more in personnel

6. "Fantastic Company with Great People"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the top down, the people with whom you deal are competent, personable, and committed to the success of their clients and employees. Not only that, but the product(s) they provide are unquestionably tops in class.

Cons

Managers upon managers, and therefore overemphasis on Oracle CRM. If you fall behind on entering daily activities, catching up to reflect you're meeting - or even exceeding - your metrics is a nearly impossible task.

Advice to Management

Trust your Sales Executives more and don't rely so much on CRM entry. The company is growing considerably - trust in yearly numbers with less focus on weekly activity reports.

7. "Growing company heading in the right direction for industry leading technology"

Current Employee - Service Technician in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Quarterly bonuses are a plus and good flexibility when it comes to having time off. Opportunities to advance within the company as well.

Cons

Too many different service and general managers that are not leading in the right direction thus making it very difficult to have a steady and smooth work environment

Advice to Management

Treat and reward the hard working employees that go above and beyond the scope of what they are suppose and do the job right the first time rather than overlooking there hard work and not taking any action for the rest that just get by and not want to do anything.

8. "AM"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Royal Oak, MI
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at Restaurant Technologies (More than 3 years)

Pros

good culture and growth opp

Cons

new ownership making changes to what worked

Advice to Management

trust your gut

"Make sure you know what you're getting into before accepting a role here"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Mendota Heights, MN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Mendota Heights, MN

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a strong set of core values that they seem to believe in and some of the people there are genuinely nice.

Cons

While they believe they are hiring under these set of "values", they inaccurately described the position I was accepting, they promoted my supervisor only to end up letting him go, and I was treated like I was an admin vs. an account manager with experience. While they may hire these people with the right culture fit, they aren't necessarily the right people in the right seats, which is important for any business to do in order to grow and be successful. I ignored the negative reviews on Glassdoor (and I should not have), however, I would suggest you interview extensively and make sure this is both the role you want, that you like your supervisor (and trust he/she), and that this is a good fit for you. I found out very quickly this wasn't the right company or the right role, really, for me, in a very short time frame. I just wish I had seen through it quicker and not have accepted the role. The account management practice is very new and they had to hire a 3rd party company to tell them that account management (taking care of your customers) and retention is the right thing to do and how to do it! Emails and phone calls go unresponded to by employees in the field. The HR team is cliquey and is the most inappropriate, unprofessional group of HR individuals I've worked around - discussing politics and employee issues around other employees, things that HR should know not to talk about around other employees. I do not see strong leadership within the organization that will take them where they need to go and grow, long-term. Be wary after you quit, they kept paying me, and I had to let them know so they could stop depositing money into my account, and then they were rather rude about it - as if this was was somehow my fault. There was no exit interview other than a survey emailed to me, no one in HR talked to me. When I first started, they made you go onto Glassdoor during week 1 training (as if you know enough to write a review either way, positive or negative) and write a positive review - the negative reviews are here for a reason, as clearly there are enough of them. If you do not like gossipy environments, I do not recommend at all. They also do not train you on oil management, at all. I believe they think they do, but the sales trainer doesn't even understand it, so all you learn is their sales philosophy, and not oil management - kind of important in working for an oil management company.

Advice to Management

Hire strong leadership and invest time to ensure you have the correct people in the right seats instead of only hiring based on values. Take a serious look at your HR team - they are not professional, good at what they do, nor are they approachable, which, they should be. I would also look into the Depots as they are often the direct experience the customer has with your organization and a lot of them are not well run.

10. "Going in the right direction"

Current Employee - Corporate in Mendota Heights, MN
    Current Employee - Corporate in Mendota Heights, MN

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company that is trying hard to do right by their employees.
    Company has a very positive outlook for growth.
    Company invests time to develop employees and cultivates leadership.
    Company is innovating to stay on top.

Cons

Growing pains - there are a lot of moving pieces that need to still be nailed down in order for the company do really take the business the next level.

Advice to Management

I've seen some refreshing attitude on promoting constructive criticism from employees, keep opening more channels to bring in honest feedback.

11. "Corporate Employee"

Current Employee - Minnesota in Mendota Heights, MN
    Current Employee - Minnesota in Mendota Heights, MN

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with industry-leading technology.
    Committed investors and executive team.
    Strong growth and investing in more.
    Invests in employees training and development.

Cons

Need to be willing to work hard and be held accountable.