Restaurant Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Jeffrey R. Kiesel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No work life balance, unrealistic goals placed on managers (in 7 reviews)

• No support from upper management (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great company. Many many opportunities."

Current Employee - Service Technician in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and travel time is awesome. Great opportunities to make it further in the company. I'd recommended this job to a lot of people.

Cons

Communication between certain depos aren't the same as others. Some training isn't completed the way it should be because of time frames and communications.

"THE WORST!!"

Current Employee - Manager in Mendota, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Mendota, MN

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collecting a pay check, and frankly that's it

Cons

Having to swallow my dignity and act like I'm drinking the kool aid like most of the other clowns that manage this company. Beware, they are liars, cheats, cutthroats, and do not give a care about you. I have seen great employees leave over the last several years, and I'm doing my best to join them, happiness will be seeing this God forsaken place in my rear view mirror!

Advice to Management

The best advice starts with the ceo - you need to resign and have a real ceo who knows how to run a company . After that, many of the fools higher up - who got there not by talent but by brown nosing - can start being weeded out. I know, I see them all on a regular basis, and I think it's lowered my I.Q.

"It's ok"

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time

Pros

Good People. Fast paced environment makes the days fly by. There always seems to be left over food in the lunch room free of charge... I guess that's a plus.

Cons

Very little work/life balance.

4. "Growing company heading in the right direction for industry leading technology"

Current Employee - Service Technician in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Quarterly bonuses are a plus and good flexibility when it comes to having time off. Opportunities to advance within the company as well.

Cons

Too many different service and general managers that are not leading in the right direction thus making it very difficult to have a steady and smooth work environment

Advice to Management

Treat and reward the hard working employees that go above and beyond the scope of what they are suppose and do the job right the first time rather than overlooking there hard work and not taking any action for the rest that just get by and not want to do anything.

"Account Manager"

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time

Pros

Great company; Everyone is very friendly. Lots of freedom in the position but you have to be discipline. Salary and benefits are great; Work hard and the results will pay off!!

Cons

Lots of changes but some are good changes; new company just bought RTI out. The only con would be favoritism when dealing with National Accounts. Most of the reps that have been there longer will get the account even if its in your territory.

Advice to Management

Management is great. My boss really wanted to see everyone succeed and always had your back. Quarterly and National business meetings are very helpful to learn about new products and get excited about the upcoming year.

6. "Going in the right direction"

Current Employee - Corporate in Mendota Heights, MN
    Current Employee - Corporate in Mendota Heights, MN

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company that is trying hard to do right by their employees.
    Company has a very positive outlook for growth.
    Company invests time to develop employees and cultivates leadership.
    Company is innovating to stay on top.

Cons

Growing pains - there are a lot of moving pieces that need to still be nailed down in order for the company do really take the business the next level.

Advice to Management

I've seen some refreshing attitude on promoting constructive criticism from employees, keep opening more channels to bring in honest feedback.

7. "National Sales Exec."

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Aggressive Growth Company. Great opportunities for career path.

Cons

No major cons, company growing and managing change with growth.

8. "Corporate Employee"

Current Employee - Minnesota in Mendota Heights, MN
    Current Employee - Minnesota in Mendota Heights, MN

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with industry-leading technology.
    Committed investors and executive team.
    Strong growth and investing in more.
    Invests in employees training and development.

Cons

Need to be willing to work hard and be held accountable.

"F.U.N."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, MN

Pros

This company has been growing YOY and is on the verge of big growth over the next few years. The executives and directors are down-to-earth and have a strong business acumen. The employees are of good character and pride themselves on integrity and their ability to make sound business decisions. Excellent work/life balance or as I like to say work/life harmony. If you don't mind working hard AND having fun, this is the place for you.

Cons

Not enough resources to generate certain enterprise software reports needed for strategic goals. In fairness, they do get addressed if there is a strong business case.

Advice to Management

Keep on your path and ensure your internal resources can support your pending unprecedented growth. Develop strong NEO program so employees working in service depots get a stronger sense of what Restaurant Technologies is and where they are headed.

10. "Director National Accounts"

Current Employee - Director National Accounts
    Current Employee - Director National Accounts

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time

Pros

Restaurant Technologies has a strong culture of integrity and a fantastic industry reputation. I have several friends who worked for RTI and they highly recommended the company to me. They were not wrong. The pay is above average in the industry and the on-boarding process has been very smooth. They certainly invest in their people. I met three leaders who left the company for various reasons and have now rejoined which is a great sign!

Cons

If you are in a national account sales role there is quite a bit of travel but I like that. If you don't like travel look at other roles within RTI which don't require as much travel.