Restaurant Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeffrey R. Kiesel

Pros
  • Was excellent about training opportunities and truly understood the value of training good people so they could perform their jobs better (in 5 reviews)

• Great company with industry-leading technology (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • As a depot leader you can expect the work/life balance equation to be heavily skewed towards work in a 7 days per week operation (in 5 reviews)

• you'll have to work long hours and more days" (in 4 reviews)

"What have you done for me lately attitude"

Pros

They will have periodic bbq's and give small bonuses of $50 or so as rewards.

Cons

They will fire anyone from those low to those high in the company very arbitrarily with no loyalty or regard for the individual whatsoever. They have a very "what have you done for me lately" attitude and their promises and words mean little to nothing - get it in writing and watch your back. Upper management is cut throat.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees in which you invest so much time and money and establish realistic and achievable company goals.

"Watch Your Back"

Former Employee - Master Service Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Master Service Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In the beginning it was a great company to work for, But everything changed once the founder left, and the company was being run by the current ceo.

Cons

As as service tech we worked Long irregular hours, 50-70 per week. Time off between shifts sometimes was only 5 hours. Our tools were inadequate to properly perform the job. The equipment installed was substandard. We were forced to be on call without being compensated for it. Management has no loyalty to the employees, local management is deceptive and mistreats employees and Upper Management and Corporate let it happen.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better, and do a better job of hiring your managers. I worked for you for 10 years and my record was impeccable. But I was fired because of blatant lies told by the new service manager. When I called corporate no one would take my call, and when I did finally get thru I was told there was nothing they can do.

"Smoke & Mirrors... Terrible Company - No life balance!!!"

Current Employee - Service Manager
    Current Employee - Service Manager

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent Benefits, fair pay... that's it

Cons

You have no life if you work for this company - the 24/7 on call is all that and more. If you live alone and have no life then this is your place. They cry they don't have money. That we are doing badly, below performance... basically everything you do sucks. On the other hand they are making big bucks. Lay-off's are rampant even right before Christmas - DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! AVOID WORKING FOR THEM IF YOU CAN!!!

Advice to Management

Don't manage a company like chicken little crying that the sky is falling when it's not. This is a bullsh*t company.

5. "Horrible training"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Please stay away from this company...

Cons

Please spend some money on training

Advice to Management

Point out the elephant in the room

6. "Not the right company for me"

Former Employee - Sales

Pros

Ability to make your own schedule and meet business owners and executives

Cons

Not a very strong training and growth structure. Leadership comes and goes and so do sales reps.
    They have a show me attitude and never tske responsibility as a company for mismanagement, lack of training, or not so kind politics.

Advice to Management

New leadership is needed to create a company with long term happy employees. Right now it is more of a leave and replace mantality. Everyone is replaceable instead of working with them to succeed.

"Bullies, politics, lies and deception"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High energy, get you drinking the cool-aide. Appear professional and well run from the outside. Attempt at training was solid, but execution and consistency once in the field were not the experience most would say they have had. The last few years some very talented and young leaders brought in; most seem to have left already; those that are remaining should be the future of the company.

Cons

Incestuous leadership at the top. Consistent non-performers stay in high level sales leadership roles, only looking out for themselves and openly talking about their compensation package and equity in the company. No team work once you leave corporate offices; great ideas always go to someone else and failure always on the lower level, newer staff. One of the most senior but most toxic sales "leaders" has not shame in hiding behind his friendship with CEO and uses that to bully others.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach, be who you say you are as it pertains to culture and values. Get rid of the toxic sales leaders who've been there too long. It costs less in attrition than whatever retirement buy out it costs for the old gaurd. I know of one senior manager who had the highest level of turnover in his region, yet he keeps his position based on success from 3-4 years ago. It's costing the company more to hire and retrain new employees than it would to let him go and hire right from the get go.

"Far from the days of best places to work..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota, MN

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The first year or so seemed like a great office environment, a real team attitude where you felt appreciated and part of "the family."

Cons

The leadership has no idea how to keep good talent at the company. The office has turned very toxic and breeds resentment. Salaries are terrible unless you are an under-performing manager in sales. There's too much of an "old boys club" mentality there.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs some fresh faces with new perspective. Clearly Sales needs a new approach to success and needs to stop rewarding poor performance just because you're "buddies."

9. "Installer/Master tech/Delivery driver/were house"

Former Employee - Driver/Master Tech in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Driver/Master Tech in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The job is good.. even though i got fired for no reason

Cons

12 years worked

Advice to Management

I didn't get a chance to meet new management

"run for the hills!"

Former Employee - Tech
    Former Employee - Tech

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time

Pros

it was a paycheck and that is about it. the technology was a revolutionary idea and solved a great restaurant requirement.

Cons

don't trust any one there. very backstabbing environment that does not support individual development. typical office politics replete with brownnosing and mismanagement.

Advice to Management

learn how to support and contribute in your employees growth. gain some integrity and treat employees properly.

11. "Job is better than nothing...I guess."

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time

Pros

Sometimes when out on a job you might score a free meal. Of course this has nothing to do with the generosity of RTI.

Cons

Low pay, being on call.

Advice to Management

Up the pay