Restaurant Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Restaurant Technologies Reviews

Updated April 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good people; customer relationships not ideal (in 6 reviews)

• Great company with industry-leading technology (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • As a depot leader you can expect the work/life balance equation to be heavily skewed towards work in a 7 days per week operation (in 6 reviews)

• No support from upper management (in 4 reviews)

"F.U.N."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, MN

Pros

This company has been growing YOY and is on the verge of big growth over the next few years. The executives and directors are down-to-earth and have a strong business acumen. The employees are of good character and pride themselves on integrity and their ability to make sound business decisions. Excellent work/life balance or as I like to say work/life harmony. If you don't mind working hard AND having fun, this is the place for you.

Cons

Not enough resources to generate certain enterprise software reports needed for strategic goals. In fairness, they do get addressed if there is a strong business case.

Advice to Management

Keep on your path and ensure your internal resources can support your pending unprecedented growth. Develop strong NEO program so employees working in service depots get a stronger sense of what Restaurant Technologies is and where they are headed.

2. "Corporate Employee"

Current Employee - Manager in Mendota Heights, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Mendota Heights, MN

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great group of people, down to earth environment, results oriented, focus on leadership development, innovative, lots of volunteerism opportunities, growing, opportunities for advancement, very transparent in terms of how we are doing as a company, approachable executive and management team.

Cons

If you don't enjoy a rapidly growing and changing environment that is focused on constantly improving and innovating, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Focus on celebrating wins and continue the great work!

3. "Service Manger"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Kokomo, TX
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Kokomo, TX

Pros

A Company with great potential to really grow in the near future, neat concept and unique industry

Cons

Unrealistic expectations sometimes, corporate could provide more training and get a little more involved with the depots

Advice to Management

It would be more helpful to be more in touch with the local depots to be able to set more reasonable expectations and help retain the employees

4. "Innovative, Passionate and Growing Company!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Mendota, MN
    Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Mendota, MN

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WE work hard and we play harder! The culture is one that is unsurpassed and the exposure to executive leadership is beyond anything you could ever experience in a large corporation.

Cons

Runs lean, so the ebb and flow can vary. Busy time are fun and challenging, slow times are opportunities to learn about new arenas.

Advice to Management

Celebrate success and wins. Keep the lines of communication open, promote the "Open Door Policy", embrace change and encourage employees to know and utilize their resources.

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiting Specialist in Mendota Heights, MN
    Current Employee - Recruiting Specialist in Mendota Heights, MN

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, flexibility, growing company, management support, benefits and wellness program

Cons

My commute is the only issue I have

"It's Been Nice - here's your severance - So Long!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my time at RTI for several years. There was a huge disconnect at the top and rivalry between the founder and CEO. It wasn't pretty and made for an uncomfortable work environment. The community outreach and all it's introductory initiatives happened during my tenure. It appears they still value the community and help out those less fortunate. The pay was good as were the benefits, but respect deteriorated during my tenure.

Cons

I was blind to what was going on behind closed doors, even though I worked relatively closely to those at the top. I saw numerous "excellent" employees suddenly termed for no good reason. In my opinion, once a decision was made to get rid of you, there was no turning back. Many good employees at various levels in the company were moving on to their next journey - with a moments notice. Then it was my turn to go…yet I hadn't received a bad review, any warnings, any developmental areas to work on, etc. I fought for my job, but it didn't matter. I was going to be given another "entry level" job at the same pay…HUM, how does that work? I saw the light at the end of the tunnel, but continued to work until they found a New Me! Meanwhile, the work environment was less than professional and I continued to get no good, real reason for the change. After several months of looking for the new me, it happened. A replacement waltzed in over 23 years younger than me and this baby boomer took the proverbial hike!

Advice to Management

Ethics, respect, and a great work environment have been slowly been tossed by the wayside. The narcissist at the top, needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror and get over himself! Try running the company by yourself - it wouldn't work!

7. "Installer/Master tech/Delivery driver/were house"

Former Employee - Driver/Master Tech in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Driver/Master Tech in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The job is good.. even though i got fired for no reason

Cons

12 years worked

Advice to Management

I didn't get a chance to meet new management

"Non-consistent is consistent"

Former Employee - Account Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Independence, your competence is mandatory if you want to fit in.

Cons

Inconsistent with training. Either you get it or you have to "figure it out."

Advice to Management

Train you managers to be manager and not belittle the AS position.

"Far from the days of best places to work..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota, MN

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The first year or so seemed like a great office environment, a real team attitude where you felt appreciated and part of "the family."

Cons

The leadership has no idea how to keep good talent at the company. The office has turned very toxic and breeds resentment. Salaries are terrible unless you are an under-performing manager in sales. There's too much of an "old boys club" mentality there.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs some fresh faces with new perspective. Clearly Sales needs a new approach to success and needs to stop rewarding poor performance just because you're "buddies."

"Good Place to work"

Current Employee - Help Desk Technician in Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Help Desk Technician in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team environment endless advancement opportunities for hard workers
    Director of I.T. was an amazing boss, who took care of his employees and genuinely cared about them. Was excellent about training opportunities and truly understood the value of training good people so they could perform their jobs better. Was always willing to assist with career development and outlining a clear path to career goals.

Cons

As with any organization, there is always pain associated with growth

Advice to Management

Don't forget about work/life balance