Restaurant.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Kenneth Chessick
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management are just as backstabbing as peers (in 9 reviews)

• Restaurant owners HATE this program and cancel almost immediately (in 6 reviews)

"I've had a lot of success over the past 5 years and truly love this company"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Restaurant.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've had the opportunity to work with some of the most amazing sales professionals in the business. I have the flexibility to work out in the field and home a majority of the time with maybe 20% of the time at corporate. My commissions are fantastic, my check has always hit on time, and I truly believe in the products we offer.

Cons

There have been some growing pains over the years but the future outlook is nothing short of positive!

Advice to Management

Management has always done a pretty good job of keeping employees in the loop on company direction. Everyone has room to improve but every manager that I've reported to directly over the past few years has been great.

2. "Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

Pros

Great environment and great people! All together great company!

Cons

Not a lot of room for promotions

3. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training work environment and excellent trying and tools . Upper management is all top shelf. .great pay potential, fellow employees are great

Cons

75 million company on its way to a billion dollar valuation. Lunch us to short

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing your on the right track

4. "Love It"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Restaurant.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Environment. Lots of really smart people in all deprtments. Like being able to go to work in jeans. Get to have lots of fun. I have been promoted 2x's since I started at Restaurant.com. You get to work with the latest technologies and systems. Overall, employees are treated really great and paid really well.

Cons

Things change quickly at Restaurant.com, so if you are not a person that likes change, then this is not the environment for you. It is very fast paced and you have to be able to think on your feet.

Advice to Management

Share more information with the employees and communicate better about the goals and direction.

5. "Fun environment with lots of perks"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Restaurant.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The inside sales department offers a fun, competitive environment with lots of incentives and bonuses to fatten up my paycheck on top of my monthly commissions and base salary. The sales management team is great and has really helped sharpen my closing skills so it has become much easier to add restaurants to our great marketing program. Playing ping pong and darts everyday is an added bonus!

Cons

Needs clearer lines of communication from upper management.

Advice to Management

Be more visible. Spend more time with the employees that make Restaurant.com a great place to work!

"Almost all of the negative reviews are from Sales People who are no longer employed at Restaurant.com!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Restaurant.com full-time

Pros

When I read the reviews posted, almost all of them are from people that no longer even work for Restaurant.com. They are giving an impression that is totally not true. The decision to do away with the outside sales force was one of the best economic decisions that was made last year for the company as a whole. The growth of the Inside Sales Force and IC programs, have more than made up and exceeded any sales numbers that were previously obtained.

Restaurant.com is a fun place to work where many employees have prospered and grown. A lot of employees are promoted from within. The pay is outstanding and well above average and the benefits are fantastic! Do you have to work hard and be dedicated, absolutely!

Cons

There are times when management does not listen to the ideas of the employees. There are times when the focus of the organization changes quickly. It is a very fast paced company and you have to be able to change with the organization.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing, because Restaurant.com continues to grow and prosper!

"The best place I've ever worked"

Pros

The following are the pros of working for Restaurant.com:

-Great work/life balance
    -Friendly work environment
    -Great benefits and wellness program
    -Great opportunites for growth and advancement
    -Strong leadership team
    -Flexible work schedule
    -Open to new and creative ideas

Cons

I don't know I can really think of any cons about working at Restaurant.com. Like any organization I believe it is important to review the lines of communication within the organization and continue to look for ways to improve this area.

Advice to Management

Please continue to recognize and reward the hard working employees of Restaurant.com. It is a great motivator and nice to know how much you appreciate them.