Restoration Hardware Assistant Gallery Leader Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Assistant Gallery Leader

Restoration Hardware Assistant Gallery Leader Reviews

Updated Oct 19, 2019

3.4
Restoration Hardware Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Gary Friedman (no image)
Gary Friedman
  1. "Values driven Company with ample room to grow"

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

RH is very engaging and challenging and is a tremendous opportunity to grow within a company that cares about its people.

Cons

The rate of innovation within the corporate is very rapid which can make you feel like you are running in opposite directions week to week.

Restoration Hardware2019-10-19

"Good Pay, experience. Don't really care for their employees well being"

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time

Pros

Learned a ton working for this company.

Cons

Won't hire the staff needed. Due to the lack of employees leaders are worked to the core. No work/life balance. Meetings are constant 7am-9am 9am-10am 12-1pm. Just

Advice to Management

The accrued PTO and Sick TIme off needs to change. For people who can not afford to take time off for being sick come into the company and end up getting others sick due to not having enough sick time off.

Restoration Hardware2019-09-17

"Good company, high pressure"

Current Employee - Assistant Gallery Leader

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company culture. Pays well. Learned a lot.

Cons

Tough being a leader at such a high profile gallery. Crazy hours.

Restoration Hardware2019-07-11

"Love us, or leave us!"

Former Employee - Assistant Gallery Leader in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time for more than a year

Pros

People Service Quality Innovation. These are our Values, and if you truly embrace them, you WILL be successful here. Field Leaders are some of the most outstanding professionals I have ever encountered in my career. There is much opportunity for growth within the organization.

Cons

This is not a con in my opinion, but maybe a word of caution: Corporate decisions are made on a whim and enacted immediately. If you need 100% of the information before you take action, this could be a challenging company for you. Be ready to grab it and run with it.

Advice to Management

Thank you for allowing us to LEAD versus MANAGE. We can do so much for our clients (internal and external) simply because we know we are empowered to do so.

Restoration Hardware2017-06-14

"Assistant Gallery Leader"

Former Employee - Assistant Gallery Leader in Dallas, TX

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has values that lead the way they operate. The company is constantly innovating and is a leader in the design field, changing the way retail is perceived. Restoration Hardware is now aiming to become the worlds leading design firm and is well on its way.

Cons

Logistically, the company still needs to iron out the kinks. With such sudden growth, vendors sometimes cannot provide items within order timeframes which leads to customer dissatisfaction. The company is working hard to make this better for clients in all ways possible.

Advice to Management

Continue with weekly leadership lessons for all levels of staff and less time spent on long conference calls.

Restoration Hardware2017-01-25

"Poor leadership, highly unorganized directives, pay cuts"

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Interesting people to work with. Potential for individual growth. Feeling like you're contributing to a movement of change.

Cons

Out of touch field leaders. Unorganized decisions that make the company lose money, then cutting people and payroll BECAUSE of that decision. Vague direction.

Advice to Management

stop flying by the seat of your pants. Make smart decisions. And stop allowing retail leaders to work for this company if they're consistently not showing, hooking up with employees, and screaming at people

Restoration Hardware2017-01-16
  7. "Your have to be the right person to work there"

Former Employee - Assistant Gallery Leader

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cool stuff to sell and amazing people to work with.

Cons

Favoritism, long back orders, support of delivery company extremely poor, communication poor, long back orders,

Advice to Management

give store management access to P&L, get a reliable delivery plan,

Restoration Hardware2013-05-16

"Dishonest, brainwashing, don't do it"

Former Employee - Assistant Gallery Leader in Toronto, ON

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time for more than a year

Pros

40% discount on product whenever the store leader feels like cashing you out but that may not be for days.

Cons

Wow where do I start? If you are looking for full time- move on right now, yes keep scrolling to other companies. If you are looking for part time and are okay with maybe getting 5 hours a week, keep reading. The core values are a tool to brainwash and control you. Read them carefully. The say they love people who ask questions, if you want to keep your hours, don't ask any. The store leaders sit in the office all day barking orders while they hide from clients and staff. They complain about your wardrobe, which is funny when you're covered head to toe in Fendi, or Prada and they look like they just stepped out of the Kmart bargain bin. My advice- if you have people who love you and will miss you, don't work here. If you are a depressed person looking for someone to control you in every aspect, and you don't mind working 14 hours, 10+ days in a row, if you don't mind the store leader calling you 20+ times a day, 5am to 2am even on your days off, by all means, sell your soul and apply, besides you don't really care about yourself do you?

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach, and realize you don't own your employees. Watch what you say and do because there's always someone watching and listening.

Restoration Hardware2013-06-04