Restoration Hardware Gallery Designer Reviews | Glassdoor

Restoration Hardware Gallery Designer Reviews

Updated Mar 1, 2018

1.8
Restoration Hardware Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Gary Friedman (no image)
Gary Friedman

"Good overall experience at this company"

Former Employee - Gallery Designer

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time for more than a year

Pros

People... The teams are very professional and easy to work with. They are very supportive of your career growth. The culture of the company motivates the teams and makes sure that egos do not get in the way of good performance. Product.... The products they offer are very high in quality. The employee discount makes it a very attractive job!

Cons

The relationship on the regional and national levels are sketchy. Although they claim that sales are not counted and they do not offer commission, they set targets and your performance is measured against the dollars you bring in. Sell Sell Sell is the mantra! There is not enough recognition for one's hard work and they keep pushing to do more without any incentives.

Restoration Hardware2015-01-12

"Stay away"

Current Employee - Gallery Designer in Durham, NC

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Your gallery team is lovely - but corporate does not know how to truly service their employees

Cons

Work life balance, youre basically signing your life away

Restoration Hardware2018-03-01

"Gallery Designer"

Former Employee - Gallery Designer in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Beautiful Galleries -I personally enjoyed my team at my gallery. Everyone got along and enjoyed one another. -Customer service is wonderful -Work/Life balance is good -Some products are of great quality and others... not so much.

Cons

-Pretentious -Judgemental Company -CEO is vile -Upper management is fake. Very cult-like. -Invoices were not detailed which lead to confused customers. -Quality of product was subpar. -Delivery agents often damaged product or clients home. $200 for white glove delivery which is hardly white glove... -Company is not willing to listen to new ideas.

Advice to Management

The company is building more and more massive galleries even though sales, stocks and especially values were on the decline. The CEO considers himself almost as a God over his company and his employees. I often felt as if I was a member of a cult when I was forced to watch his video messages. The company needs to completely rethink their values and morals.

Restoration Hardware2017-04-06

"Gallery"

Current Employee - Gallery Designer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time for less than a year

Pros

I honestly can't think of any pros except you meet great people.

Cons

It's a company destined for failure. The mindset is ridiculous and the mangenment doesn't have a clue about how a business like these needs to be built. They is no reverence given to its employees. When you're forced to lie to patrons it futile to be in business.

Advice to Management

Surrender ! Close up shop. The gray ship has sunk.

Restoration Hardware2017-01-31

"A Cult"

Gallery Designer

I worked at Restoration Hardware

Pros

They hire great people, but that is just about the only thing they do well.

Cons

The quality of the product leaves much to be desired, clients will often find back ordered items that come in damaged or simply never come. Upper management is rooted in a cult like mentality and has no experience in "leading", rather giving vague retail minded instructions. The work/ life balance is non-existent and employees are treated with little respect for their personal time. This "design firm" wanna be is more like a bad furniture showroom that is being run by in a cheap retail minded manner. I would avoid this place not just as an employer, but a consumer as well.

Advice to Management

Clean house and start over

Restoration Hardware2016-08-09