Restoration Hardware Merchandise Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Merchandise Coordinator

Restoration Hardware Merchandise Coordinator Reviews

Updated Jan 18, 2019

2.3
Restoration Hardware Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Gary Friedman (no image)
Gary Friedman

"Merchandising Coordinator"

Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company. Learned a lot. Fast paced.

Cons

Long hours making work/life balance hard.

Advice to Management

Be more open to others' ideas/suggestions

Restoration Hardware2015-02-17

"Volatile Work Environment"

Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful office in a beautiful location, and filled with beautiful, intelligent people. It's easy to be seduced by the glamour and vision of RH.

Cons

The company was restructured twice in the one year I was there. My first position was eliminated and I was transferred to another team, then lost that position as well when it too was eliminated during the latest company-wide downsizing, in which even a lot of tenured employees and top executives were let go.

Advice to Management

Empower other leaders and driven employees to contribute more freely and collaboratively, rather than consolidating all control at the top. Make employees feel more valued.

Restoration Hardware2019-01-18
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Do not work at RH - worst experience of my life"

Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Corte Madera, CA

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nespresso, snacks, some good ppl

Cons

basically no training - Overloaded and overwhelmed with work constantly - when expressed concern about workload/deadlines, there was no understanding whatsoever - Was judged by my manager if I left at 6 pm (that was considered too early) - Manager was absolutely awful, mean, rude, talked over me at meetings, not supportive or cared about my success - the CMO of my department was also very rude, mean to me as well as other employees, would constantly yell in front of everyone - if I left the office for 30 mins, I would receive calls/texts from my manager asking where i was - Was only told by my manager what I was doing wrong, no positive reinforcement - no understanding when I was sick and had to work from home or had to uber into work - made me feel constantly like I was failing. I worked there for 8 months almost and at the time of leaving was still insanely overwhelmed and felt like I was drowning. I was so unhappy in my role/team that I tried and proactively got an interview for another team and was denied by my manager the opportunity to explore it. My manager actually acknowledged that she was terrible to me for the first 6 months and her exact words were "can you just get over that and move on?" I could really go on and on about this toxic place but I think this sums up working there.

Advice to Management

Be a nice person, support your team/employees - listen to them. Or hire new management.

Restoration Hardware2018-06-14

"Unstable work environment"

Current Contractor - Merchandise Coordinator in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware for more than a year

Pros

The sample sales are great.

Cons

Middle management is afraid of people above them and people below them, creating a very tense and unstable work environment. RH is Very "cliquey" and has more nepotism than you could shake ten sticks at. People get pushed aside so someones niece that just graduated high school can get a job. If you are at the bottom of the food chain but are good at bullying, your job is secure. If you behave like a courteous, mature adult and expect others to do the same, you'll be disappointed.

Advice to Management

I don't even know where to begin.

Restoration Hardware2014-10-14

"Treat Temp Employees Better"

Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Corte Madera, CA

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people -Relaxing environment -Good food options nearby -Doesn't feel like a corporate environment even if company is corporate (referring to Restoration Hardware HQ I worked at, not one of the stores)

Cons

-People, unless those who work directly with you, are not necessarily the most social although they are friendly if you chat with them. -Completely non-transparent with regards to job description and direction of temp assignments they assign. Was informed Merchandising Coordinator/Planner position I was hired in was on-going and possibly open to full-time, then all of a sudden notified by my staffing agency three days into the assignment that RH decided they needed someone with more financial experience/fine Excel skills (i.e. someone who knows Excel and all the statistical functions) and was informed by my agency that the position ended. Although I came in with that experience at RH, in training I had not even been working with Excel yet. -Communication could be improved.

Advice to Management

If you're going to hire temp employees, do yourself a favor and be honest with them of the direction you're going in. Don't interview an employee, vet him, hire him, then let him go after 3 days because you all of a sudden decided you needed someone better.

Restoration Hardware2013-11-10