Restoration Hardware Reviews | Glassdoor

Restoration Hardware Reviews

Updated April 26, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • No consistency in scheduling, terrible work/life balance (in 39 reviews)

• Rh Ceo, this company preaches core values which is just manipulation tools for idoits which west jeff has many (in 40 reviews)

1. "Not a bad place to start in the IT world."

Former Employee - Applications Database Analyst in Corte Madera, CA
    Former Employee - Applications Database Analyst in Corte Madera, CA

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have pretty good benefits, holiday parties, and occasionally catered events. But that's once in a blue moon.

Cons

The applications used in the IT department were quite old (AS/400, STS, etc.). With the technologies being old translates to a much older programming team. I was one of the youngest members of the team.

Advice to Management

The work place doesn't necessarily have to be a place you dread on going to. I believe in working in an environment that can be fun, yet everyone gets work done.

2. "Sale's Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Restoration Hardware (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company
    Great Team
    Great way to gain customer service experience

Cons

Long hours
    Hard to balance life & work with retail hours
    Tiring

Advice to Management

Be sure to put your heart in it always!

"Poor Management from the top down"

Current Employee - Logistics in Corte Madera, CA
    Current Employee - Logistics in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Product, good product discount, great place to start a career from the bottom View it as a stepping stone

Cons

Poor upper management that trickles down all parts of the company. Little ability for growth it any at all. Not a stable environment

5. "wrongful termination"

Former Employee - Customer Care Advocate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Care Advocate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Restoration Hardware (More than a year)

Pros

Sometimes they fed us amd had over time

Cons

They said I lied on a document but wouldn't produce the document for me to see then fired me

Advice to Management

actually train on th systems and what we do on a daily basis and listen to your advocates

"ecommerce"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great teamwork, everyone pulls together to effectively deliver on short deadlines.

Cons

limited work autonomy - all projects directed from executive level down with little or no input from "on the ground" teams.

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams and at least consider their input rather than making decisions in a vacuum.

"I Was LAIDOFF and the CEO is at Game 7 of NBA Finals."

Former Employee - Lead in West Jefferson, OH
    Former Employee - Lead in West Jefferson, OH

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are mindless, spineless, have no self-worth please this company is for you. Waco, Tx has nothing on this compound.

Cons

Where do i begin. First off i was relieved of my duties the day after ceo sent out a letter demanding 20 million in cuts. They let go leaders and leads at west jeff site. I proceed to watch game 7 of nba finals and when lebron goes in stands to celebrate look at who i see trying to get him some of lebrons balls in his face. Rh Ceo, this company preaches core values which is just manipulation tools for idoits which west jeff has many.People are number 1 core value unless it interfers with the ceo's 30 million dollar bonus a year. Ask him about his great last few ideas( the $100 membership cards or the fact that delighting customer backfired and customers found out how to get free merch. Ceo you are a moron enjoy your money you have scammed your way to get. Rh is a terrible place to work unless you like being a puppet. Rh where Greed is our number 1 priority.

Advice to Management

Fred lost a lot of respect for you that day. But you will be gone soon as aaron and mike will take rich and your spot its only a matter of time.

8. "Love and hate relationship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the store! Beautiful furniture and clients. Management wasn't the best while working for the company.

Cons

Horrible Managers. Big playground no supervision what so ever. Favoritism. In and out of the store on the clock.

Advice to Management

To corporate good job cleaning out the store and taking good associate who loved the company and made a difference

"All the potential in the world...none of the follow through"

Current Employee - Sales and Receiving Associate in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Sales and Receiving Associate in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Restoration Hardware (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy with good people of which there are some at Resto! Occasionally being rewarded with a bonus if the store performs well, paid holidays even for part timers, Occasionally being treated to a meal!

Cons

Less than adequate leadership, drama, infighting, no chance of advancement, no benefits, beware of promises made during interviews, no set schedule, no guarantee of hours, needs of the business come first, vacation can be unapproved after it was initially approved, horrible customers, if your a receiver harsh weather conditions 0 degrees in the winter and 100 in the summer.

Advice to Management

TREAT YOUR EMPLOYEES BETTER! Ask what you can do to help your employees and actually follow through with any plans. Work together instead of separate entities, pay your employees a living wage recognize quality in your store and work to develop it for the future!

10. "They pick favorites. If you don't buy into the fakeness, you're cut."

Former Employee - Customer Care Advocate in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Care Advocate in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked there for a little over a week. I was in training for Customer Care Advocate. The training moves very fast. The training was mostly made up of games and people joking and laughing. It was very upbeat and fun. Good pay. CCA starts out at $13.50 an hour. Everybody there is pretty nice.

Cons

If they (trainers) don't like you, you're cut. If you don't buy into her fakeness, you're made out to be an odd ball. When it came to testing & assessments, you had to make an 85 or better to pass. If they like you and you fail, don't worry, they'll adjust your score. Trainers seem money hungry. Very personable as long as you buy into fakeness. When you get let go, Management will look at you like you're an idiot. They use outdated software that is constantly changing. Present employees do not like their jobs. Very very high turn over rate. Typical call center job. If you do not pass an assessment, they will say it is your fault because "all resources are there." No, they are not. They go over things so quickly and so many topics within such a short amount of time that it's hard to stay focused. I have managed 3 well known call centers and this is unheard of. Current employees are shocked at the training. The trainer which will remain unnamed is on a power trip. Acts very childish and runs up and down the halls. Calm down, you work at a call center, really reminded me of "wolf of wallstreet." After realising how fake the people were, I was just over it. Good luck.

Advice to Management

Don't hire children to do the training. Especially when they act superior. And also, don't allow failing assessment scores to be "modified" to the trainers liking.

"Leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people and culture is amazing. The campus is beautifully furnished with RH furniture. It is a beautiful campus.

Cons

There is not a strong business plan in place and it is very fly by the seat of your pants. Teams try hard to innovate and achieve goals. There is little to no work life balance.