RetailMeNot Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
RetailMeNot CEO Cotter Cunningham
Cotter Cunningham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Seriously relaxed environment with best work-life balance I've known (in 10 reviews)

• Free lunch 4 days/wk, coffee bar, free breakfast on mondays, cool workspace & gadgets in the office, work from home (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Something of a sweatshop, it is an inflexible work environment where they want you at your desk all day everyday (in 4 reviews)

• But as far as the company itself, no cons (in 3 reviews)

"Editorial assiociate"

Former Employee - Editorial Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Editorial Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at RetailMeNot (Less than a year)

Pros

No plus points..... ..... .....

Cons

Person who called himself manager shouldnt be at this position, man who destroyed lives of many people, it was a nightmare to work, environment was the worse I have ever experienced

Advice to Management

change wrong people immediately and react for their official claims

"Mass exodus underway"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lunch 4 days a week. A barista, snacks and juice bar.

Cons

An alarming number of senior executives have left. In addition to numerous on the sales team jumping ship.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the "small" people. Don't agree with an executive and ignore the "small" people based on titles. You are not seeing the truth when you do this.

"Worst place I have ever worked, ever! It's a cultish kids club."

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free food, free junk, free events, free gym. Not worth it though for the lack of work life balance.

Cons

Terrible people managers in many departments. No career path. Horrible HR. In 3 years I had the 3 worst mangers I have experienced in my very long work career. I wasn't part of the koolaid drinking click. I was left out, passed over, and ignored despite high performance reviews. I would never RMN. Poor leadership and a sinking ship that is circling the drain.

Run far and run fast. Find a company that cares about developing and elevating people. This place does not run as a meritocracy, it's who you have in your pocket.

I've never been more happy than to be away from this awful place.

Advice to Management

Read, learn, train.... Make sure the leaders on the teams have what it takes to teach and develop. If you find that a people manager gets slammed in reviews by their team, take action. Do let over half the team quit first. Get your head out of that dark spot... Your stock is plummeting due to your lack of innovation. You're just another coupon site. Be more valuable to your merchants.

"Values Smalues"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If all you care about is a cool office with free coffee and reptiles and bubbles and free lunch, this is the place for you

Cons

If you care about a healthy company that lives by the values it preaches, run as far away as possible. The values sound really nice when you say them... Then you realize that all that really matters is who you know and if you can chant "yes sir" on tune and in time.

Advice to Management

Ethics are hard.

"Welcome to the Breakfast Club."

Pros

Good working environment, talented people who carry their own weight.

Cons

If you're in the in-crowd (or the boys' club as many so aptly calls it), feel free to behave or treat anyone as you see fit: you'll have complete immunity to any eliminations... ahem... I meant termination. I always get those two mixed up.

If you're not lucky enough to get in the boys' club, just agree to everything, cower your head down and try not to draw any unnecessary attention.

"Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Accounts in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Accounts in Austin, TX

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fun place to work with a good environment and location. The office itself is nice and work load is not too severe.

Cons

It is very cultish here. Everyone considers themselves to be the brightest people, though few actually are, and that arrogance binds everybody. It's very strange. I'd say the intelligence level at WS is average but thinks much higher. The HR department is really poor, so good luck with the interview process. I hated it, but guess it worked out in the end.

Advice to Management

Better hiring practices and better HR.