RetailMeNot Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
RetailMeNot CEO Cotter Cunningham
Cotter Cunningham

Pros
  • Seriously relaxed environment with best work-life balance I've known (in 10 reviews)

• Free lunch 4 days/wk, coffee bar, free breakfast on mondays, cool workspace & gadgets in the office, work from home (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • But as far as the company itself, no cons (in 3 reviews)

• Some of the upper management have not delivered in the past two years (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Fun Company That Really Takes Care of You!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people there are great! Fun to work with and really become your friends. The company itself really takes care of their employees with amazing perks! Breakfast and lunch, fully stocked snacks and drinks, barista on site, juice on tap, reimbursement for gym, cellphone and so more! It's one of the best companies i've ever worked for.

Cons

Because of the perks, pay is lower than industry standards. Not everyone at Retailmenot feels included in the long term plan of the company, and though we're free and welcomed to voice our opinions, certain changes can't be made so the moral can be low for certain teams, but they do a good job of transitioning you over to another team/department if you have interest in that.

Advice to Management

Make everyone feel like they are apart of the long term plan!

2. "Demanding Work but Adequately Compensated"

Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Austin, TX

I worked at RetailMeNot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing campus with themed beautifully decorated floors. Great perks such as free lunches, breakfasts on Mondays & Fridays, free downtown parking, onsite baristas and unlimited snacks. Employees also get access to dry-cleaning pick-up/drop-off and a Segway.

Cons

Many of the tasks are tedious and repetitive so managing your focus and energy levels are important. Contractors tend to feel like outsiders.

Advice to Management

Consider current or former contractors first when posting new positions.

3. "Senior Account Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, innovative products and great work environment

Cons

Lack of internal growth, lack of insights into goals and lack of urgency around important aspects that will help the company and team grow

Advice to Management

Take a different approach to account management. Potentially thousands of dollars being left on the table due to internal inefficiencies, however, sales team takes the blame.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Operations in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Operations in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, the product works, great culture. Unlimited PTO and AMAZING benefits! CEO is super transparent and communicative with the whole company.

Cons

Not much room for growth, unless you put yourself out there. Just as in almost any work place environment, you have to make yourself noticed/known.

"Fantastic company"

Current Employee - Site Operations Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Site Operations Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work/life balance
    - Transparent management
    - Clearly communicated company vision

Cons

- Nothing really is a con

7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Staff Quality Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Quality Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic benefits, progressive and open company culture, technology that is relevant to skill enhancement, career growth opportunities. I like the opportunity to work in the heart of Austin.

Cons

Commute to downtown is a bit of a pain.

"Honestly... my best job so far"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a TON of benefits. The main one is that the company REALLY cares about their employees. If you get an offer, you can find out about all of them, but I've been extremely happy working here for almost a year now. The people are great too. Some of the best and brightest work for this company. There is a bit of variance depending on which team you work with, but I got really lucky and get along really well with everyone I work with. I consider everyone a friend and we all learn from each other.

Cons

There are always a few bad seeds in each group, but that's normal. However, I honestly can't complain. Working downtown can be a hassle for some that drive and parking is pretty far if you do. However, I suggest public transportation or biking to work. Takes me 10 minutes on a bicycle, but if I parked in the company garage that is 10 minutes away walking, it would take me 25 minutes to get to work.

Advice to Management

I feel like the company has a great grasp on employee needs and engagement. The new idea of more communication and transparency is great. I'm actually excited about where the company is headed after I saw/heard the latest plans.

9. "Amazing Internship Program"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Austin, TX
    Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at RetailMeNot as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

RetailMeNot has a really great internship program that allows interns to choose the projects and teams that they would like to work on. Projects are all quite interesting, and most are released to production or A/B tested before the end of the summer. Really friendly people and good culture. Office and equipment are quite good, and there are lots of fun intern events over the summer. Great opportunities to hear CEO and leadership of the company and other Austin tech companies speak.

Cons

Company is stagnating a bit in the main business and is trying to expand into other areas and revenue streams, without a very clear focus. Parking can be a bit far from the office.

Advice to Management

Find a clear focus on where RetailMeNot should expand to, and make it a high priority. Focus more on mobile instead of wringing out desktop.

10. "Still start-up-y but decent size company now. Great benefits."

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is mostly solid, great benefits, beautiful office (seriously cool) and great co-workers. Good culture too. While the stock sucks, they have gone far to give meaningful benefits. Budgets for training and conferences.

Cons

Stock sucks (as mentioned above). But still profitable. Goals are often misaligned between teams. Sometimes there is too much emphasis on building speed and not enough on quality.

Advice to Management

Upper management's Vision is not always effectively communicated downwards.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Finance Intern in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Finance Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at RetailMeNot (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of cool people. Everyone is super helpful!

Cons

Nothing really. Company was awesome!