RetailMeNot Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
RetailMeNot CEO Cotter Cunningham
Cotter Cunningham

Pros
  • Seriously relaxed environment with best work-life balance I've known (in 10 reviews)

• Free lunch 4 days/wk, coffee bar, free breakfast on mondays, cool workspace & gadgets in the office, work from home (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Some of the upper management have not delivered in the past two years (in 3 reviews)

• But as far as the company itself, no cons (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Fun Company That Really Takes Care of You!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people there are great! Fun to work with and really become your friends. The company itself really takes care of their employees with amazing perks! Breakfast and lunch, fully stocked snacks and drinks, barista on site, juice on tap, reimbursement for gym, cellphone and so more! It's one of the best companies i've ever worked for.

Cons

Because of the perks, pay is lower than industry standards. Not everyone at Retailmenot feels included in the long term plan of the company, and though we're free and welcomed to voice our opinions, certain changes can't be made so the moral can be low for certain teams, but they do a good job of transitioning you over to another team/department if you have interest in that.

Advice to Management

Make everyone feel like they are apart of the long term plan!

"It is fun, exciting, open, and a place where fresh ideas are welcomed."

Current Employee - Director of Talent Acquisition in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Talent Acquisition in Austin, TX

Pros

There are so many reasons to work here: Profitable startup (mitigated risk), great leadership, company transparency, open PTO, good benefits, lots of employee perks, room for growth and career development, competitive salaries, and equity.

Cons

The startup environment is demanding, so it isn't for everyone. At times, there may be long hours, but typically those are balanced by the good work/life balance that an open PTO policy allows.

3. "Great people and great place to work."

Current Employee - UI Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - UI Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The organisation is very organized and people are very talented and nice at the same time. They provide lot of perks but I believe most startup companies provide that to attract talent. I love to go to work because I don't feel like I am going to work; it feels like I am going for a venture. Financial situation of company is being shared with everyone which gives a feeling of everyone owes ownership. I will recommend any of my friend and other talent people outside my circle to become part of this company. Did I forget to mention about PTO policy? Yes, they have open PTO policy which is pretty cool.

Cons

I agree with previous review saying that this company requires a lot to be part of it. It can demand for extra hours but in return they treat you very well.

"Challenging and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team members and leadership. Very high standards for hiring. Open and transparent about all decisions. Provides countless opportunities to make a real business impact. Full of perks, big and small... from lavish company parties to free lunches.

Cons

Long hours at times. Aggressive goals and deadlines sometimes lead to high pressure situations.

6. "Energetic, fast-paced and fun work environment surrounded by smart, hard-working co-workers and leaders."

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment: Open and fast-paced where everyone can have an impact the business
    The people: It's all about cross-functional teamwork!
    The learnings: Transparent knowledge share across teams and from outside speakers
    The recognition: Awards (huge), incentives, treats, surprises and we can't forget...free lunches!

Cons

Time flies when you're working hard and having fun. Not sure how the days go by so fast!

7. "Great work, great friends, great place."

Current Employee - Mobile Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Mobile Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is hard to pick where to begin with a company like Whaleshark.

Whaleshark has a wide-open information policy, a relatable and interested executive team, great perks, better rewards, and highly intelligent/motivated employees (most of which have made several close friends within the company).

From a more social perspective, the office itself is bright and fun, the people are focused on their work but never above a good laugh, company parties and activities are always a blast, and the frequently catered breakfast/lunches and fully stocked kitchen is pretty cool.

I would reccommend Whaleshark to anyone I know.

Cons

With so many fun people nearby, a plethora of movie and video game toys/posters on desks and walls, and so much good food in the kitchen, sometimes it can be hard to stay at your desk and work all day.

But hey, that's a pretty good problem to have, right? Luckily I believe in the work I do for Whaleshark and working hard to show that is something I take pride in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The recent focus on goal setting, increased department transparency, etc. etc. are really going to help continue to strengthen this company.

"Great people, fun place to work, and many opportunities for individual growth."

Current Employee - Site Operations Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Site Operations Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at WhaleShark are what I look forward to the most when going to work. I have really enjoyed working with my team and others from different departments. Our recruiting team has done a fantastic job hiring highly motivated and cultured people.

Our company wide meetings keep me informed of our performance and success as we continue to quickly grow. These meetings allow me to see how my work contributes to the overall growth of the company.

The open kitchen and catered meals keep me energized and ready to work. The company parties are a lot of fun and a great opportunity to meet people from all over the company.

Cons

When working with fun and amazing people, it can sometimes be hard not to have too much fun, but I don't mind since these people are the reason why I love working at WhaleShark!

Advice to Management

I really support the focus on company transparency. Some of the best ideas may come from anyone in the company and I really appreciate that management is approachable and always willing to listen to our feedback. Keep up the good work!

9. "Forward thinking, always evolving. Industry leader in the online space."

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Like-minded people that enjoy working hard toward the same goal
    * Entire company is knowledgable and extremely talented
    * Training & orientation is top-notch
    * Very welcoming & collaborative environment
    * Good peer to peer knowledge share, always able to share ideas, positive environment.

Cons

Goals can be somewhat agressive...but that's all apart of the challenge.

Advice to Management

Make sure the rising talent is appropriately recognized and given clear goals to advance forward.

10. "Best culture I have ever been a part of!!!"

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- opportunity to work with the best and brightest
    - amazing leadership team
    - great career growth opportunities
    - amazing perks and benefits
    - awesome rewards and employee to employee recognition programs
    - super transparent, they share information with us that most employers would never share with their employees
    - A CEO WHO ACTUALLY CARES (imagine that) :)

Cons

- at times, longer working hours
    - the fast pace and somewhat ambiguous environment is not meant for everyone
    - WEIGHT GAIN from all of the FREE food (think back to freshman 15) :/

Advice to Management

Continue with the transparency - think that is one of the most important pieces to building trust within a company.

11. "Innovative mid-sized company with big aspirations and start-up culture"

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

RetailMeNot is incredibly innovative and intrapreneurial. It is the size of a mid size organization but listens to it's people like a start-up. The level of transparency is unbelievable. People also really believe in what the organization is doing. The best part though are the people you work with. Smart people who constantly want to be better and better at what they do and leaders and managers who are willing to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty making sure the work gets done.

Cons

RetailMeNot is still growing and learning how to function as a public company.