KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of J2 Global
Is this your company?

RetailMeNot

Add a Review

RetailMeNot Employee Reviews about "downtown"

Updated Jan 1, 2020

Found 8 of over 202 reviews

3.7
RetailMeNot President Lou Agnese
Lou Agnese
Pros
  • "Free lunch (except on Wednesdays because they want you to go out once in a while :/ )(in 20 reviews)

• "The work environment is fun and there is good work/life balance(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It's difficult to find something I didn't like about my time at RMN(in 8 reviews)

• "Commuting downtown is oftentimes a struggle(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

228 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of RetailMeNot and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "downtown"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Lovely place to work

Jan 1, 2020 - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The vibe is great. RMN trusts their employees, lots of growth opportunities, the People Team really cares, open clear communication, transparency and very supportive environment.

Cons

Literally none. WFH days, flexible working hours, amazing culture, food and free downtown parking!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing Place to Work At

Feb 9, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The engineers here really know what is going on. Very up to date tech and lots of fun working on cool products! Keep up the good work!

Cons

No real cons. Commuting downtown is oftentimes a struggle.

3. 5.0
      Current Contractor

Amazing company with an outstanding culture

Jan 8, 2019 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people! The perks - while I don't receive these, I know firsthand how great they are - insurance, free lunch, workout classes, etc.. The mission - who doesn't like saving money?

Cons

Nothing! Other than parking downtown but you do get free covered parking in wither the 301 building or Frost tower

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

2 months in...

Nov 21, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun culture of people who work hard but also make time to enjoy work/life balance! Really fantastic company benefits, and fair compensation packages.

Cons

Traffic to/from downtown, and a v large company so you have to proactively work to make personal connections.

5. 5.0

Great place to work!

Jul 30, 2016 - Staff Quality Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic benefits, progressive and open company culture, technology that is relevant to skill enhancement, career growth opportunities. I like the opportunity to work in the heart of Austin.

Cons

Commute to downtown is a bit of a pain.

6. 3.0

Not for everyone

Jul 22, 2016 - N/A in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits (medical/dental/vision is better than last year) Great perks (6 meals a week, lots of snacks, coffee barista, juice bar, Coke freestyle machine, beer/wine etc.) Positive people, for the most part

Cons

Stock price – not what it used to be Turnover – a lot of people are leaving regularly Location – downtown is trendy but the traffic sucks Size – not ideal for advancement, fewer opportunities

5 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Honestly... my best job so far

Mar 21, 2016 - Network Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a TON of benefits. The main one is that the company REALLY cares about their employees. If you get an offer, you can find out about all of them, but I've been extremely happy working here for almost a year now. The people are great too. Some of the best and brightest work for this company. There is a bit of variance depending on which team you work with, but I got really lucky and get along really well with everyone I work with. I consider everyone a friend and we all learn from each other.

Cons

There are always a few bad seeds in each group, but that's normal. However, I honestly can't complain. Working downtown can be a hassle for some that drive and parking is pretty far if you do. However, I suggest public transportation or biking to work. Takes me 10 minutes on a bicycle, but if I parked in the company garage that is 10 minutes away walking, it would take me 25 minutes to get to work.

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I'm thrilled to be working here

Apr 13, 2014 - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's great to work somewhere that's winning its market; and management seems committed to staying ahead of the competition by putting together the best engineering team possible. That means not only great coworkers whom I learn from and who raise the bar for me; but also really excellent compensation and working environment.

Cons

Some consider the downtown location a minus (I think it's great personally).

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews