Retinal Consultants of San Antonio Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Look elsewhere"

I worked at Retinal Consultants of San Antonio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really not much pros about this practice. I would suggest you to apply elsewhere before considering employment with this group.

Cons

They have no tolerance for employees with kids. Constant micromanaged enviroment. technicians are constantly timed in and out of lanes to assure productivity, than get wages deducted without consent. Turn over is a monthly reality. 3 to 4 techs at a time. I lasted 6 months went back to my previous employer as soon as possible.
    Also they have satellite offices. Expect daily travel all over San Antonio and surrounding areas. Benefits are used to blackmail employees. I witnessed to an instance where one of us got medical insurance suspended because infant daughter got sick once too many. Technician was forced to pay doctor visits out of pocket for 6 months.
    Be wise and check elsewhere.

Advice to Management

I'm just glad my employer took me back after 6 months.

2. "If you dont fit in....they will throw you out!"

Former Employee - Ophthalmic Assistant in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Ophthalmic Assistant in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Doctors at this practice are amazing with skills that help technician excell in knowledge.

Cons

However, compare that with the indirect lack of office management and you have a disaster. The turnover rate is very high, within less 1 year we had 9 employees come and go. Its found that management hires those whom do not possess any possibility of growth, this way managements positions are not threatened. If you have an opinion in regards to the lack of shared duties during a workday, you are targeted and the beginning of the end will soon come. The management indulges in gossip, while feeding into the negative behaviors of their techs, and in the same asks of their techs to "tattle" on each other.

Advice to Management

Do not indulge in the tech on tech tattling, it shows your employees that childish behavior is asked and accepted as long as management is not the target. Take serious your rules set forth in the handbook, yourselves and others, regardless time and grade. Appreciate those who come to work, work hard, and truly shows concern with patient care.This is not a popularity contest, who cares who likes you, this a job, a work place and most important, a place where we focus on the healthcare of our patients.