Rev.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Rev.com Reviews

Found 46 reviews

4.6
Jason Chicola
Pros
  • "I love that I have the capability to work from home in addition to my day job(in 150 reviews)

• "Community Forum of fellow Rev Agents(in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • "low pay, lots of difficult audio(in 92 reviews)

• "They are now promoting people to be graders without giving them any training(in 68 reviews)

1. "Love it!!"

Current Employee - Transcriptionist

I have been working at Rev.com part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible, fun and consistent. I love working for Rev

Cons

Sometimes people take jobs to quickly

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys are doing.

Rev.com2019-05-17

"Not worth it"

Former Employee - Captionist

I worked at Rev.com part-time for more than a year

Pros

You do get to pick when and for how long you are going to caption.

Cons

It's not worth the pay. Please be aware that they pay you per minute of captioning regardless of how long it takes you to get the captioning finished. Lots of work and meticulous details for low pay.

Rev.com2019-05-16
  3. "Good and bad"

I worked at Rev.com part-time

Pros

It was nice to work when I wanted.

Cons

1. You had to wade through hundreds/thousands of poor audio quality files before finding a decent one to transcribe. 2. Pay is breadcrumbs. A one hour clip takes a good deal of time to get through. To get not even a half dollar per minute of audio made it less satisfying. 3. They change policy, promote a bonus for extra pay, and then give ya the axe for one file. One file dropped my accuracy enough to boot me.

Advice to Management

Be consistent in grading. Perhaps go through the audio files and if they are clear, good, if they are garbage, don't make us dig through and waste time to find work.

Rev.com2019-05-15
  4. "It's what you make it"

Current Employee - Transcriber in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Rev.com part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I love learning from each job I transcribe, there's some very interesting stuff out there. I work from home when I want and as much as I want. I do not view this as a career, but more of a side hustle that I enjoy. Gives me an opportunity to use an editing certificate I got a few years ago. It is clear how long every job is and how much it pays and the money is in my PayPal account every Monday, never a problem.

Cons

Some of the jobs do have terrible audio quality, but you have the opportunity to listen to segments before you begin, so it's on you if you choose one that is hard to decipher.

Advice to Management

I guess if possible beg the freelancers to use optimal placement for their recording device. I have no doubt this is in their instructions. I really enjoy this as a part-time money maker.

Rev.com2019-04-21
  5. "Good side hustle"

Current Employee - Transcriber

I have been working at Rev.com part-time

Pros

Always jobs to transcribe Can work at your own pace/set your own hours

Cons

No cons I can think of so far.

Rev.com2019-04-18
  6. "Amazing People & Mission"

I have been working at Rev.com full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Rev honestly hires some of the most intelligent people I have had the pleasure of working with. It is so inspiring to see all departments in Rev: Sales, Engineering, Product , HR, and Support all working collaboratively towards the same goals. The culture is transparent and genuine and everyone truly wants the best for Rev, our customers, and our freelancers. (Revvers) The mission at Rev is to create great work from...

Cons

I have been at Rev over 4 years and there aren't many cons. If I had to pinpoint it now I would just say, adjusting from being a startup to being a thriving growth stage start up. There are growing pains associated with any company at this stage, but we work through them collaboratively and effectively.

Rev.com2019-04-29

"Fast growing company, lots of opportunity"

Former Employee - Engineering Team Lead in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Rev.com full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- Almost always internally promotes. This means that you're working for most responsibility and ownership. There's a lot of room to grow as a younger engineer - Meaningful work. Your work helps employee tens of thousands of freelancers. - Amazing team. Rev was started by a group of MIT grads and continues to only recruit the best.

Cons

- It's a startup. Company processes can have some rough edges as policies and procedures are developed. Hours can be long and expectations higher.

Rev.com2018-12-10

"Great place but 0 job security"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Rev.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

fun place, decent management, interesting office, food?

Cons

Company seems to be directionless, they restructure and fire whole sales teams and claim your "just not part of the start up moving forward" saw 3 people get let go in my first week who were not only skilled but tenured.

Advice to Management

be more honest in your 1v1s sales people at this level have financial obligations. No one wants to coast week to week hoping they dont get let go.

Rev.com2018-11-20

"Senior Software Engineer"

I have been working at Rev.com full-time

Pros

Engaging work, good coworkers, functional office, freedom to move.

Cons

Below-market wages targeted at college hires

Rev.com2018-10-23

"Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Support Representative

I worked at Rev.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team is small and very close-knit, great collaboration and teammates are always willing to help one another. Set hours, but requesting time off is flexible.

Cons

I felt like I was treated unfairly in comparison to other team members, and double standards existed with senior team members versus new team members. Sometimes the amount of work coming in is unmanageable and team leads have unreasonable expectations.

Advice to Management

Hire more support reps per shift so the amount of work coming in does not get overwhelming. Treat all employees fairly in terms of requesting time off, amount of work accomplished, et cetera.

Rev.com2018-08-29