KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

16 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of RevLocal and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

great

Apr 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

had a great time at revlocal

Cons

not much to say here

RevLocal Response

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at RevLocal. Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We wish you all the best!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Drink the koolaid to succeed

May 12, 2022 - Operations in Granville, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good place to learn how the corporate world works right out of college - Growth centric culture, you will learn and grow here. - Frequent performance reviews and opportunities for (small) raises - Tight knit teams - Didn’t lay off a single person during COVID.

Cons

- It’s a cult. One of the directors told an employee “if you don’t drink the koolaid you won’t get promoted” - High turnover - Very low pay for the industry - Shady, archaic sales tactics - Sales team signs horrible clients because they work on commission only and are desperate for money. - Clients are extremely demanding and demeaning despite paying a whopping $500/month - Unreasonable workload per person. How can 1 person handle calling 80 clients a month let alone trying to strategize for each one? - Promotions are used as an employee retention tactic rather than rewarding top performers who are ready to move up. - Young, crappy managers because anyone who’s actually smart leaves RevLocal before getting to that stage. - Managers talk badly about people who have left the company and turn you into a villain when you leave. - Severe lack of diversity - Leadership is uber-religious and anti-LGBT - Only one woman in the C-Suite - The president is a textbook narcissist, who makes every company meeting his personal theater fever dream (seriously, he has a band and puts on skits) - Pushing back to office though most don’t want it - Office is the middle of nowhere - It’s embarrassing to tell people in the Columbus area that you work here because everyone knows it’s a joke

4 people found this review helpful

RevLocal Response

At RevLocal, it’s important to us to promote an environment where all employees can flourish. We’re focused on fostering positive experiences for everyone, regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. Although we understand that not everyone will feel RevLocal is a fit for their career goals, our hope is that during their tenure each and every employee grows and learns valuable skills for their present and future self. We are disappointed that your experience at RevLocal did not meet your expectations, we wish you the best of luck.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Growing Company w/ Positive Outlook

May 18, 2022 - Marketing in Granville, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is in a transformation phase with lots of growth. Rapid growth. Ones with some challenges but RevLocal has a solid foundation with a focus on its employees and clients.

Cons

Clarity in changes can be lost at times with quick growth.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 1.0

keep looking

May 3, 2022 - Strategist in New Albany, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Allowed remote work for employees

Cons

The majority of the company are WASPs. Women do not hold the majority of high ranking positions. When I was making $37,000 and a male college of mine, in the same role with equal qualifications, was making $55,000. Be aware of companies calling their employees “family”. Very easy manipulation tool that is thrown around a lot at the company.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee

They don't pay an actual salary

May 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are not any that come to mind

Cons

micromanaged, no salary (even though they say there is), poor commission structure, unfair and poorly planned territories, poor sales manager, no sales help

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Place to Work and Grow as a Person

Feb 25, 2022 - Team Leader in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This career has not only been a massive boost to my sales skills as well as finances, but has helped me grow and develop as a person and leader. Pros: Competitive comp plan Uncapped earning potential Great team and company culture and support Benefits Competitions and bonus opportunities Unlimited training Amazing executive team and operations team

Cons

Not a con but you have to work hard, especially when starting. This is a full time position and you make what you put into it. Outside sales is tough and not for everyone.

RevLocal Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The key to our business is our commitment to not only our clients, but to our employees. We’re always looking for ways to ensure our associates have growth and development opportunities. We strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected. We agree that your work is not always easy, but the opportunity to make a difference is real. Our rewards also come through the incentives, bonuses, awards, recognition and being part of a company that cares. Thank you for all you do, we appreciate you!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic!!

Feb 23, 2022 - Senior Digital Marketing Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is unreal! Collaboration across departments and within your team is very much encouraged. Even before the pandemic, the environment was the best I’ve ever worked at and since we implemented a hybrid work environment, the work/life balance has gotten even better. The growth potential was one of the largest reasons I came to RevLocal and they did not disappoint! I cannot say enough good things!

Cons

If you are not able to adapt to the ever changing digital world or a growing business, this place is not for you.

RevLocal Response

Thank you for sharing your perspective and insight! We appreciate your feedback and are glad to learn that you enjoy working in our team oriented environment and the work/life balance we offer. Thank you for everything you do!

8. 3.0

Leadership is a joke

Apr 25, 2022 - Digital Marketing Consultant in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

colleagues are great to work with

Cons

leadership is useless 90% of the time so many pointless calls leaders constantly not following through if you're not a star performer you mean nothing to them

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company, I just wasn't a good fit

Mar 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company was very supportive and they offered lots of training for their sales position.

Cons

I don't really have any because ultimately, I just wasn't well suited for the position. Everyone was extremely supportive when I gave them my decision to leave.

RevLocal Response

Thanks for sharing your feedback and perspective! We appreciate your insight and are glad to learn you enjoyed our supportive culture and training programs. Thank you for everything that you have done at our company, and we wish you all the best in your future!

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Friendly place to begin marketing career

Mar 24, 2022 - Strategist in Granville, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team dynamic is always there. The culture is amazing.

Cons

Pay could be more and the accounts handled could be less.

RevLocal Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our team dynamic and our culture during your time at RevLocal. As for compensation, we are very explicit in what incoming pay looks like, in addition to the many opportunities for compensation increases and other monetary rewards that we offer to reflect the hard work of our employees. Thank you for everything that you have done at our company, and we wish you all the best.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 244 Reviews

RevLocal Reviews FAQs

RevLocal has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 250 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at RevLocal to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, RevLocal employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at RevLocal. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

64% of RevLocal employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated RevLocal 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at RevLocal to be senior leadership, career development, culture and the cons to be benefits, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with RevLocal Job Seekers