RevLocal Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
RevLocal Chief Executive Officer Marc Hawk
Marc Hawk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They really are the best choice for small business owners because the strategists work their tails off (in 13 reviews)

• You get to work with small business owners which can be very rewarding (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • This company is growing so fast that sometimes it's hard to keep up with all of the new people and titles (in 7 reviews)

• RevLocal is a growing company which means regular changes and sometimes growing pains (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Digital Marketing Consultant"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at RevLocal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honest, transparent company, respected by its clients as a truthful hardworking effective digital marketing company

Cons

No cons here. All is good. What you read FROM the company is exactly who they are. A great company, great leadership, providing a great future for potential employees.

Advice to Management

Thank you for what you do.

Jan 23, 2018

We greatly appreciate your positive review of RevLocal and your sales career opportunity. Being a successful Digital Marketing Consultant is all about the conviction and heart to make a real... More

2. "Driven, teachable, and goal oriented..."

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at RevLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am challenged, supported, and given great opportunity! At revlocal you have everything you need to be successful if you have the right attitude, fortitude, and aren't afraid to ask for help..

Cons

The company is growing very fast which is good, but you are always working with ever-changing platforms, people, and strategies.

Advice to Management

I love how in-tune with employees you are! As we grow larger and more successful don't lose that!!

"Digital Marketing Consultant"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Granville, OH
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Granville, OH

I have been working at RevLocal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

RevLocal has always strived to provide the best health insurance coverage available. It's not their fault why the insurance rates keep rising. It's the Federal Government's fault. It's called Obamacare.

Cons

Obamacare is the reason for rising rates, not RevLocal.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!

4. "This job is difficult, but rewarding"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant Team Lead in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant Team Lead in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at RevLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No contracts for our clients, management cares about your career and personal goals, and we make our own hours. The great thing about this company is the more you put in, the more you get out.

Cons

Doing 20-30 dropins may suck, but it's necessary for success.

Advice to Management

Continue the atmosohere you've provided.

5. "Business Development Manager"

I worked at RevLocal full-time

Pros

Positive and fun working environment

Cons

Not much direction in your career

Apr 26, 2018

We appreciate your positive feedback concerning our working environment.

Four years ago we changed the role of the Business Development Manager to Digital Marketing Consultants. This allowed us... More

6. "Employee review"

Current Employee - Team Lead in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in San Diego, CA

I have been working at RevLocal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is unlike any I have ever experienced. They truly want everybody to succeed and have a true passion for their clients

Cons

I have no cons for them

Mar 12, 2018

Thank you for such a positive view of your career opportunity with RevLocal. We understand that our Digital Marketing Consultant role is not for everyone. Outside B2B sales can be rigorous however... More

7. "A Young, Growing Company with Lots of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist in Granville, OH
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist in Granville, OH

I have been working at RevLocal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always looking to promote within. Rarely do you see someone come in as a manager outside the company. RevLocal values people who understand the organization.

Positive culture. The majority of people in the Granville office are happy to be at work.

Amazingly flat org chart. Everyone goes by their first name, and you regularly see execs interacting with employees on the floor. You do not feel little when you start.

Diverse growth path opportunities. RevLocal is invested in putting your best skills to work and making sure you're happy with your day-to-day. As long as you speak up and tell your leaders what you're interested in, they will help carve a path for you.

Recognition of hard work and talent. This has been the driving reason for my dedication to RevLocal. Upper management is quick to recognize and reward those who put in the effort. Have patience, and trust that your efforts and talents will be reflected in your pay and your trajectory in the company.

Cons

Location. Granville is not the most convenient location if you're looking to live near downtown Columbus. Lots of people still make the drive though.

Losing the small business feel. The growth has been fast and steady, but it's hard to know everyone who works in the company now.

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow, keep a pulse on the strategist and consultant to help understand what needs to change to make things better for employees and clients.

Mar 12, 2018

Thank you for your perception and positive attitude towards your career opportunities at RevLocal. You are what makes RevLocal great.

It is true that career growth takes patience. What we do is... More

"Good experience but definitely short term job."

Former Employee - Digital Strategist in Granville, OH
    Former Employee - Digital Strategist in Granville, OH

I worked at RevLocal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Met a lot of really smart people and have learned a lot about the industry overall. They really are the best choice for small business owners because the strategists work their tails off!

Cons

Pay is not competitive and the claims of bonuses, commission, and promotions are greatly exaggerated. There is very limited opportunity and you’ll quickly burn out because the strategists get so overloaded with plans that it’s impossible to perform your best. There’s so much potential that’s being wasted on outdated workplace policies. It’s strange since there are many companies aggressively recruiting Revlocal strategists.

Advice to Management

Recognize the struggle many strategists have with the demands of the job and maintaining a good balance. Everyone understands the company needs to make money but having employees who don’t dread the start of the workweek is your best investment.

Mar 3, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. We agree that our Digital Marketing Strategists are very intelligent, hardworking and authentic people. Thank you for acknowledging that we are the best option for the... More

"Sales Rep"

I worked at RevLocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tremendous leadership- Team leads and RSMs always willing to help any way they can. Freedom in your work schedule. Your day was what you wanted to make of it. Team bonuses and individual bonuses.

Very positive leadership even in the highest ranks. CEO seemed to get involved in a regular basis on sales calls.

Cons

Outside sales is not for everyone. It’s not easy and you have to be self motivated, able to handle A LOT of rejection, and confident.

Can be lonely working by yourself a lot and feeling disconnected from the fun they seem to have in the home office. Team gatherings are nice, but it’s hard to feel like a team when you see them once or twice a month a month.

The usage of your own vehicle is hard. A lot of miles are added to your car driving from business to business. No gas/vehicle maintainence compensation

Pay structure can be confusing at times.

10. "Great experience!"

I worked at RevLocal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful experience and great opportunities for career development.

Cons

The location is far from my home, but the pros help to balance that out.

Feb 6, 2018

We are thankful for your positive outlook and experience at RevLocal. Our core principles of Help Someone, Go Beyond, Be Yourself have helped us build an amazing culture.