Revana Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Revana President and General Manager Judi Hand
Judi Hand

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits and decent PTO system (in 11 reviews)

• Great people and you learn a lot about various companies with Revana (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Entry level positions are what you'd expect from a call center (in 17 reviews)

• low salary and commission structure changed constantly (in 11 reviews)

"Great career starter - lots of churn"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Revana full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have Revana (one of their programs in particular) to thank for a very successful career. Opportunity to gain invaluable experience depending on the program. Transparent employee review process. Paid, in-depth training, awesome rewards for hard working employees, prize give aways, fun environment

Cons

Entry-level salary, ever changing comp plans (usually changed when someone makes a big commission), complex relationship between company and program client, some favoritism in management, and just constant churn of employees

Advice to Management

Stop letting all your top talent go, pay them a competitive salary and they will make the programs so much more successful/profitable

2. "Growth Opportunity"

I worked at Revana full-time

Pros

Wide exposure to many different businesses, and ability to learn more about the companies that they contract with.

Cons

Difficult to grow vertically

Advice to Management

Listen to the ground floor, with the large number of employees great ideas regularly appear and are not taken advantage of.

3. "Revana had a great environment"

Current Employee - Associate Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Associate Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Revana full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reasons i could state to work at revana would that your helping people in need also giving back to individuals.

Cons

There are no downsides for working at revana would be that its takes awhile to get there also the system happens to shut down randomly.

Advice to Management

I am a hard worker , responsible also i dont mind stayin late for any extra work that has to be done , im on time , good with working with individuals , team leader.

4. "Good Job, Terrible Management!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Revana full-time

Pros

You learn a lot, so take the job with a grain of salt.

Cons

Forewarning, there is no such thing as a raise here or promotions, so if you're looking for a long-term career then don't expect it to start it here.

Advice to Management

Learn to recognize your best people, appreciate them and show encouragement; rather than being degrading.

5. "Trainer"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Revana full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly none that I can say

Cons

Everything about this place is horrible. Avoid this place at all costs, so many other call centers in this valley to go to that are better

Advice to Management

Start over.

6. "Google Partner Program"

Former Employee - Agency Development Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Agency Development Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Revana full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my opinion autonomy hours were great.

Cons

My experience started approximately 6 months ago. There were 8 people in my training class. 3 had quit within 6 months. On our first day, the computers and workstations were not ready to be used, and we were sent home by 12 noon because they were not prepared for the new hires . During training we found it difficult to take notes as paper and pens are not supplied. They also did not provide lanyards for the security badges that employees are required to wear at all times while on premises. Overall, training is scattered, disorganized and did not prepare me for my role.
    About 3 weeks into training, it was explained to us that we were were given incorrect information in regards to the commission structure, and entire compensation plan. He blamed the hiring manager for not understanding it correctly. A week later they rolled out a whole new structure. Had I been told how I would be compensated for this job, I would not have accepted it in the first place. I was misled.
    After training I was paired with a person who watched YouTube all day and expressed vocally how he hated his job.
    Employees in this role are given quarterly goals to hit. Though the goals should be expected to be hit over the course of the quarter, employees are instead expected to overachieve them on a weekly basis to ensure they exceed them over the quarter. This is not explained during the interview process nor training. In essence, the stated goals differ from the goals that employees are held accountable to. This system is difficult to explain because it makes no sense. Also, it should be noted that this is where micromanaging is very evident.
    All the laptops are hardwired to the desks. Wifi is only available to managers.
    You are not permitted to eat at your desk. Yet senior management regularly conducts mandatory meetings for all staff at lunch time. These meetings are often impromptu, and may be announced only minutes before hand. Announcements for these meetings are often not received by all employees.
    Lastly, we attended a 45 minute meeting to squash a rumor about a possible layoff. We were told this was completely false. A mere few weeks later 27 people were laid off. While they were laying off employees, a training class was prepping for their new jobs. I was forced to sit in a meeting to discuss the restructure and how many people they are hiring, all after being told I was among those that were laid off.

Advice to Management

I would suggest helping people to be successful. Stop lying about pay and set realistic goals.

7. "Tough job - not for everyone"

I have been working at Revana full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Beautiful office and location
    Flexible work hours, casual dress
    Work autonomously, good for self-starters
    Challenging work. Nothing boring about this job. No need to "sell" anything - but you do need to be persuasive.
    Free snacks - fruit, chips, nuts, yogurt, etc

Cons

Tons of pressure. Many peers push the limits in order to get quotas for activity done. Accounts get recycled over and over. You're stuck with your "book" of agencies for 3-6 months, and it's often the luck of the draw if you are successful. Systems and tool syou are supposed to rely on will sometimes not work, but you must still be productive and produce. And, if by chance you decide to take the vacation you are entitled to, you still have to make up all the activity that would have otherwise been done had you still been working.

Advice to Management

Too many fractured ways of doing the same tasks. And make sure the tools we are supposed to use will work before making us accountable for being productive with them.

And if someone takes a vacation, they should not have to make up the 15 KSAs per week that you require.

8. "Great Company"

Pros

Great company to work with. Competitive pay and potential to grow with the company.

Cons

Not too many cons. I feel the managers should have more product knowledge.

9. "Account Management (Retention Sales)"

Pros

Great pay, the people at Revana are great and you get to give input into the project and it will change.

Cons

It is a high stress job. Also, the hours and shift bids make it almost impossible to accommodate school/other priorities.

Advice to Management

Allow more downtime for top agents. Back to back calls will wear them down.

"Marketing Expert in Facebook Program"

Former Employee - Marketing Expert in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Marketing Expert in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Revana (More than a year)

Pros

I think Revana is a very good company. Working there got much better after they incorporated sick days.

Cons

I was in the Facebook program and Facebook changes their mind (in a major way) about what is important to them about every six months. It's very hard to get any momentum as a worker because your goals and metrics can change drastically with a day or less of notice.

It would have been okay if Facebook simply gave us the title of "tester" and said: "Hey, we're winging it here, we're not sure what we're doing..." But they were always changing our titles from "Client Partner" to "Onboarding Specialist" or now "Marketing Expert"

I'm grateful for everything I learned and for the resume builder, but the Facebook program is like a three-ring circus.

Advice to Management

Hang in there! I know it's not easy.