Revel Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Revel Consulting Reviews

Updated August 13, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Revel wants to be different and give people the autonomy to grow their career or maintain work-life balance for their schedule (in 11 reviews)

• Energy, working with smart people and ability to make an impact within the firm (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • m going to spend time away from my family/friends I want to see something for it (in 4 reviews)

• As any maturing firm experiences, growing pains are to be expected (in 5 reviews)

"Senior Associate"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Renton, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting (More than a year)

Pros

Smaller company. Easy to navigate and reach out directly to others within the company, including senior leadership. Regular development offerings such as Foundry for ongoing development, if you choose to opt-in.

Cons

Diversity of the the client portfolio can be limited. This is growing and evolving however.

"Senior consultant"

Current Employee - Technology Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Technology Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Revel gives you the freedom to pick your destiny and pave your own unique path.

Cons

Bonus and paid time off is below standard.

3. "Amazing place to be for collaborative/smart/innovative talent!"

Current Employee - Washington in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Washington in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had worked with Revel for 7 months prior to joining the firm. I had heard great things on the outside but nothing like the immersive experience of being a full time consultant the past 4 months. This company is truly phenomenal, strong and inspiring leadership making big strategic moves in the Seattle market and abroad. I will be with this company for the distant future as they value me as a person, professional and provide opportunities to grow and build the firm.

Cons

Typical growing pains of any growing successful company- no one has enough bandwidth. HOWEVER Revel empowers employees to take ownership and drive solutions internally. This company is made of those who really drove projects they were passionate about because of the gaps they saw.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing- driving vision, and not sacrificing what Revel has built along the way. I am very happy here.

"Senior Associate"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, great people, fun company, interesting work.

Cons

Not a very good bench policy when between positions.

5. "Growing Fast!"

Current Employee - Associate in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Associate in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, making big moves!

Awesome leadership!

Perfect place for a climber!

Cons

Typical growing pains of a fast growing company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Shady"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Redmond, WA

Pros

Nice people in the field.

Cons

The Foundry (office) can't be trusted. They bait and switch on the benefits and concept of paying bench 50%. Be careful - the folks in the field are great but leadership is shady.

Advice to Management

Provide nice laptops, at least to those in technology. The ones you are providing are so old -- downright shameful.

"Not a great place if you are a seasoned technology professional"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Revel Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Smart people, there are for the most part a number of extremely talented folks working here. I do not think the company necessarily does a fantastic job of putting in the right places or in a position to succeed, but the talent is there.
    - Good pay
    - They are willing to give opportunities to people from different backgrounds. I was one of these hires. I appreciate the opportunity.

Cons

- Basically another run of the mill body shop consulting company in the Seattle are trying to be something more. Unfortunately I do not think they are succeeding.
    - High turnover. I left the company last year and almost everybody that I knew or worked with there is now gone.
    - This could have just been my client, so my experience may not be indicative as a whole but the sales/leadership team really did not do a great job of building a portfolio or expertise within the company.
    - As I mentioned before, there are a lot of talented people who are put in the wrong spots. Revel is a small company trying to grow and as a result has rushed to put people in spots they may not be ready for. This is from the top down. As a result a majority if the newer employees are mismanaged and given no direction to succeed and grow as an individual. You are pretty much left to your own devices to figure things out at the client site.
    - No true technology expects at the company. Company is trying to be more of a marketing/strategy company. No real technology talent here. Stay away if you want to be a technology expert.
    - There is a clear "in" crowd. You do your part to be in that crowd, you reap the rewards.
    - Unprofessional upper management. Sorry, but I do not really care to see my upper level managers going out and buying bottles at night clubs. I want to see them actively trying to grow talent and grow the company. I've seen your sales pitches and materials and even to a low level employee like myself, they seem woefully underwhelming.

Advice to Management

I think company has the talent in house to succeed. However, focus more on developing that talent and do not just pay lip service to caring. It seems my experience of being thrown on a project and left there on my own is not an uncommon one. Occasional meetings with management that clearly has no experience to warrant being there (I felt like I had 10x more experience doing what I was doing than my "manager") or occasional after work sessions do not count as talent development. I understand that you need to stack the Glassdoor deck (ie kindly nudge current employees to write positive reviews) in order to attract talent, but the feeling as a former employee is that management cares more about that than actually keeping the current employees engaged and happy.

"Great culture, people and projects"

Current Employee - Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best culture I have experienced. The talent acquisition team is very professional and the managers are reliable and knowledgeable.

Cons

More clients would be very beneficial, but we have recently expanded the BD department and expect many more clients by EOY.

9. "Excellent organization with a strong culture that focuses on intrinsic motivations - love it here!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership has a clear grasp on the direction of the firm. There's a constant focus on quality - just when you think perfection is achieved the quality bar is raised. Keeps the fire alive.

Cons

Would like to see more communication around lines of business. For those connected to HQ this flow of information is organic.

Advice to Management

Keep focused and continue trusting in the vision. Clients and associates are loyal to this organization and the value it creates everyday.

"Just another contract company"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Revel Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reasonable pay and good medical benefits.

Cons

Your just another number. Don't expect them to find you another role when your contract ends. No vacation pay or matching 401K.

Advice to Management

Remember that those that work for you are people not just another number.

Revel Consulting Response

Jul 2, 2014 – Associate

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As Revel continues to grow and evolve, candid feedback like yours helps us refine our navigation and ensure all of the exciting changes we’ve... More