Revel Consulting "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor

Revel Consulting Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome Place to Work!!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. The People - Hands down this is the best organization I've worked for in terms of having smart, collaborative and caring people.
    2. The Leadership - The CEO is brilliant, and has a lot of smart people working for him. I'm excited to see where this takes the organization
    3.. The Opportunity - There is a lot of space to grow and influence in this organization.

Cons

1. Still relatively small.... so there are growing pains.
    2. The back office can't keep up with the direction of the organization

Advice to Management

solidify your back office processes. Make it match the culture you've created in the rest of the organization. The company is awesome and it's a huge miss that the back office has so much trouble getting on board.

Aug 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your view point and experience! As Revel continues to evolve we will make incremental investments into our internal... More

"Looking for a challenge?"

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time

Pros

To be fully transparent, I never pictured myself at an organization like Revel. Revel strives for “agile everything” in which the end goal is prioritized greater than following a process. To thrive in this type of environment, you need to maintain a flexible attitude coupled with an interesting mix of autonomy and collaboration. By nature, I am process oriented, struggle with ambiguous environments, and had never experienced the benefits of healthy collaboration.

And yet, almost a year and a half ago, I joined Revel and have not looked back once. I choose to come to work every day because I have never met more passionate, driven and intellectually curious people in my life. These people challenge me to ask why, inspire me to work harder and encourage me to step into uncomfortable situations in an effort to expand my current realm of perspective. And through it all, they offer the support and freedom to pursue what I love and be who I am.

If you are looking to join Revel in the near future, remember this— if you join, you will be stretched, challenged and driven to think in a way you never thought possible. However, in the midst of the journey, you will realize this new way of thinking will provide you with the tools to make a more tangible impact on your colleagues, clients and industry than ever before.

Cons

Revel is not perfect – they are experiencing the growing pains of an evolving organization striving to make innovative changes in the digital transformation space. As is often a byproduct of rapid evolution, structure and clear communication can at times be lacking from an associate perspective. With this being said, I am confident Revel knows where they want to be and are making the smart (and hard) decisions to get there.

Advice to Management

Continue to remind each employee of their value and place in the journey you are taking them on. And don't ever forget the power of passion and transparency.

Oct 11, 2016

Thank you so much for providing us the feedback! We truly appreciate you taking the time to walk us through your Revel journey, and are extremely pleased to hear you've had a challenging and... More

"Revel puts humans at the center of digital"

Pros

Seeing the transformation over my time at Revel, I find myself always coming back to the great feeling of knowing that not only does the firm believe in staying innovative, but also that any movement they make does not stray the focus of keeping people at the center. "Human-centered" is such a buzz word in the industry, but Revel truly lives out this principal and makes it more than just words, but tangible action. The human-centered way can be seen through the way associate's personal passion are emphasized just as much as their professional experience, with the idea that when you allow people to do what they love, amazing work is translated to the client. This deep philosophy not only provides associate satisfaction, but also seems to engage clients in a deeper way and build external relationships just as deep as internal. The community operating model also picks up this human-centered approach as the culmination of each community is centered around diverse expertise both in and out of the Revel walls. There truly are no barriers to the level of people mattering.

Recently, Revel hosted a Town Hall event to celebrate the firm's 10-year anniversary and welcome the full staff into the new downtown Seattle HQ. There was also a huge tribute to the employees who helped get us there. It is pretty cool when, after a video montage of the firms history, the CEO turns to the audience and does a toast to everyone for being the reason the firm is celebrating the past ten years. There was never once talk of one person or luck of the market, rather he truly contributed the firms success to the passionate and talented people that work here. It is moments like this where a digital consulting firm can recognize successes from the humans at the center of organization and mean every word of it that makes me proud to have chosen Revel as the place to grow my career.

Cons

As any maturing firm experiences, growing pains are to be expected. Over the years the firm has grown quickly, and it has called for a mindset shift and willingness to be excited for the ambiguous ride. Everyone is different, but I made the decision to sit back and hang on to watch where this amazing place will go, and I have not wanted to get off yet!

Sep 19, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post this review! We are excited with the direction of the firm, and are very glad to know that you are also excited about where we are headed. Please feel free to... More

4. "Amazing place to be for collaborative/smart/innovative talent!"

Current Employee - Washington in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Washington in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had worked with Revel for 7 months prior to joining the firm. I had heard great things on the outside but nothing like the immersive experience of being a full time consultant the past 4 months. This company is truly phenomenal, strong and inspiring leadership making big strategic moves in the Seattle market and abroad. I will be with this company for the distant future as they value me as a person, professional and provide opportunities to grow and build the firm.

Cons

Typical growing pains of any growing successful company- no one has enough bandwidth. HOWEVER Revel empowers employees to take ownership and drive solutions internally. This company is made of those who really drove projects they were passionate about because of the gaps they saw.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing- driving vision, and not sacrificing what Revel has built along the way. I am very happy here.

5. "Growing Fast!"

Current Employee - Associate in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Associate in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, making big moves!

Awesome leadership!

Perfect place for a climber!

Cons

Typical growing pains of a fast growing company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!