Revel Consulting "make an impact" Reviews | Glassdoor

Revel Consulting Employee Reviews about "make an impact"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A rewarding role"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like working at Revel. Revel provides talented people a place to help organizations grow in the expanding digital economy. I work with people from a range of professional backgrounds - which makes them both interesting and valuable. The roles we fill are often long-term. Our clients range across industries, organizations, and internal groups. We are a diverse group of people. In my observation over two years, people are smart, work hard, and care about their clients.

But as some of these reviews note, this is not a 1990s-style consulting organization. We don't generally do short term "consulting" gigs where we land a team at a client for 6 weeks and charge 7 figures. That mold may still hold at some of the largest firms, but those deals are generally going away. Longer relationships are favored by many companies.

The consulting business is shifting and dealing with digitalization itself. Revel is, likewise, stepping through this emerging reality. Not by sticking with an outdated model, but by building its own approach. A process that it is doing rather publicly inside the company, if not always perfectly. Leaders are creating an evolving image of the organization. They openly seek input from associates. Everyone has the opportunity to step-up and contribute. It does, however, take commitment and time to make an impact - that's how it works.

In general, my work-life balance is good. I work a lot from home and on Skype. My salary and benefits are competitive. I enjoy my colleagues. I appreciate leadership as well for their commitments to growing the company.

Cons

A consulting model like Revel's where you work longer gigs takes some getting used to. On the one hand, you are with your clients a lot over a long period time. You are not an employee, but you are not a guru-style commando consultant either. The approach at Revel is more of a hybrid of augmentation and consulting - a model responding to market needs with specific skills and knowledge. The new role is a combination of the two. And the role is evolving. At Revel, you need to make the position your own.

I maintain the consultative position in the relationship because that is what I assume my role to be. If you let the role become more like an employee position, you may not get the satisfaction you want. Bottom line is that you need to manage your own expectations with your manager and your client to insure you are getting what you want from the gig. That said, I am not sure this is all that different than what other firms are experiencing.

Advice to Management

I recommend that leaders do even more to apply the principles of digital business inside Revel. That means clearly aligning our work to a strategy for growth that includes a digital outlook. I think the frequency of communication from the CEO should increase to build a greater dialogue with people across the organization. Finally, make it more clear what a career path looks like for individuals to see a long-term commitment to Revel clearly.

Revel Consulting Response

Aug 8, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your point of view on Revel and consulting. This is exactly the type of feedback we are looking for as we continue to evolve our company to meet the demands of a rapidly... More

"Growing Seattle Consulting firm"

Current Employee - Senior Consul in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consul in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Energy, working with smart people and ability to make an impact within the firm.

Cons

Pipeline is evolving which makes for uncertainty at the delivery level with regards to available projects.

Advice to Management

Keep focus on evolving the pipeline (types of projects) to more of a value contributors rather than staff augmentation. Expand on your digital transformation focus and maybe have dedicated development teams (Agile in nature including Architects, DEVs and Testing resources) that can take on multiple project and capable of designing, implementing and iterating on digital solutions.

Revel Consulting Response

Aug 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback! We truly value hearing from our employees. We are continuing to invest in all of our communities so that we remain ahead in the digital... More

"Career Changing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Revel is a place where you really can take your career into your own hands and excel. They provide opportunity, support and encouragement to help you grow professionally an personally. It also has a vibrant culture of hardworking, dedicated, smart professionals who are committed to growing their own careers as well as taking the company to new heights. It's an inspiring and energetic place to work and learn. I highly recommend Revel to anyone who is looking for a small, but growing organization where they can make an impact. This is also a great place for those that are entrepreneurs at heart, as the pace and vision supports new ideas and ways of cultivating business.

Cons

All of the attributes that make Revel an amazing place to work can also present challenges. In order to excel here, you must be extremely self motivated and proactive. The opportunity is limitless, but you have to take it (it won't be handed to you). This can be challenging if you are used to working in a larger organization with a lot of process and barriers in place, but once you learn how to operate here it really opens a lot of doors for you. Revel is extremely fast paced and fluid... so those that are comfortable in that environment are typically more successful here.

Advice to Management

Great vision and mission and moving in a positive direction. I think we need to look at the management structure and make sure we have the right resources in place to get to the next level.

"A place full of fun & intelligent professionals tirelessly working to improve clients, asssociates & the community."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Limitless possibilities to make an impact & grow through client work, internal Revel initiatives and sustainable giving projects in the community.
    - Surrounded by highly experienced, smart yet humble people that value career growth through exciting opportunities.
    - Effective knowledge sharing tools & processes helps associates remain relevent & test their skills.
    - Ability to influence company culture with Leadership support.

Cons

- Must be hungry and proactive to accelerate your career growth, not the best environment for individuals that require a lot of hand holding.
    - Extremely high quality expectations from clients/peers which can make work/life balance difficult at times.

Advice to Management

Continue driving the core values of the company and ensure it's embedded throughout all of the associates.

"A breath of fresh air"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Kirkland, WA

Pros

I love the culture at Revel. What attracted me to Revel was the dedication to client delivery as well as the great people here. At Revel, I've been able to leverage my previous big 4 consulting experiences and my MBA education to develop and deliver world-class solutions to my clients. I love that my engagements are locally based so there is no travel required and I'm home by 5pm most evenings. Most of all, I love our Pure Consulting model which essential leaves no stone unturned and allows us consultants to be strategic in driving to the heart of the problem and leveraging our network of consultants in order to solve it.

* Boutique firm/smaller company so more opportunity to make an impact
    * Fairly flat organizational structure, therefore, less bureaucracy
    * Really smart, fun, and experienced colleagues
    * Flexible culture

Cons

*Not much variety in the locations (only have offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, and San Francisco). But that will likely change as the company grows.
    * Still working on defining much of how the career track is structure
    * Lack of any type of formal training
    * New leadership structure so some kinks still being worked out there.
    * I'm sure there's more, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons

Advice to Management

More transparency with consultants about the direction of the company and insight as changes are made.