Revel Consulting "new ideas" Reviews | Glassdoor

Revel Consulting Employee Reviews about "new ideas"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great people and culture"

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people and energy. Lots of avenues for skills-sharpening and new ideas.

Cons

Organizational clarity is sometimes lacking. Benefits are just so-so: 12 paid days off, small 401(k) match, middle-of-the-road medical, dental and vision.

Revel Consulting Response

Jul 5, 2016

Thank you for posting this review! We love hearing feedback from our Associates, as we strive to continuously improve our Associate experience/journey. We did add some additional benefits for... More

"Mind the gap (between aspirations & reality)"

I worked at Revel Consulting full-time

Pros

There are a number of talented consultants at Revel who are great to work with and care about continuing to grow and learn. New ideas are frequently welcome and action rules the day over analysis. If you relish change and can effectively advocate for yourself, this could be a place for you.

Cons

Underdeveloped strategy, mercurial leadership, too much hype and not enough underpinning substance to the firm's claims of "pure consulting".

Advice to Management

Really listen to employees, model the behavior you expect from people in order to shape the culture. Manage based on data, not emotions.

"Career Changing Opportunity"

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Revel is a place where you really can take your career into your own hands and excel. They provide opportunity, support and encouragement to help you grow professionally an personally. It also has a vibrant culture of hardworking, dedicated, smart professionals who are committed to growing their own careers as well as taking the company to new heights. It's an inspiring and energetic place to work and learn. I highly recommend Revel to anyone who is looking for a small, but growing organization where they can make an impact. This is also a great place for those that are entrepreneurs at heart, as the pace and vision supports new ideas and ways of cultivating business.

Cons

All of the attributes that make Revel an amazing place to work can also present challenges. In order to excel here, you must be extremely self motivated and proactive. The opportunity is limitless, but you have to take it (it won't be handed to you). This can be challenging if you are used to working in a larger organization with a lot of process and barriers in place, but once you learn how to operate here it really opens a lot of doors for you. Revel is extremely fast paced and fluid... so those that are comfortable in that environment are typically more successful here.

Advice to Management

Great vision and mission and moving in a positive direction. I think we need to look at the management structure and make sure we have the right resources in place to get to the next level.

"Dynamic Company Culture"

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Revel hires top talent and supports your personal and professional growth. The company promotes an entrepreneurial spirit. They are always striving to improve themselves as well as their clients. The attitude is not can it get done, but how can it get done. Revel has a collaborative environment and encourages new ideas, knowledge sharing, and thinking outside the box.

Cons

Revel does not have a company 401k match at this time, but the rest of the benefits are very good.