Revel Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Revel CEO Vikas Kamran
Vikas Kamran

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great place to work would recommend to friends" (in 5 reviews)

• "Revelers have the opportunity to see REAL change in the business both internally and externally" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not enough business development muscle to keep you employed" (in 4 reviews)

• "There is no existing pipeline of work for you to role on to when you've completed a contract even though they boast they have so much work" (in 8 reviews)

1. "SENIOR Associate"

I have been working at Revel full-time

Pros

Great place to work would recommend to friends

Cons

No cons at this time

Feb 16, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback. Really happy to know you're enjoying your time with the firm. I'd appreciate an opportunity to grab coffee to learn more about your positive experience so we can do more of... More

"This place is as dishonest as they come, worst consulting company in Seattle."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Revel (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get a paycheck. That's it.

Cons

Glassdoor should look into this place to verify the 5-star reviews. I've heard from multiple people that internal management was put on a mission to deliver fraudulent 5-star reviews using made-up email addresses.

If you work here, make it a plan to do so for a short period of time while you find your next opportunity. Honestly it's not a place for true professionals. You'd be better off taking an odd-job if you really need a check.

CEO talks a BIG game but he doesn't actually care about the employees or running a clean organization. I've met with him, he lied throughout the entire meeting.

Layoffs happen routinely, everyone's job is at risk, there is no pipeline. They layoff and then rehire for new blood which allows them to prey on new employees who haven't been there long enough to see the chaos.

They now market as a digital firm? That's new, there are no digital capabilities at the firm. It's all marketing.

Once they lost their contracts in Redmond, this place will shutdown and the CEO will take his money and do something else.

Advice to Management

No advice will be taken seriously, people who work here are always suggesting improvements. Nothing changed while I was there for three years.

Dec 28, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback and as usual every post/comment/perspective is an opportunity for us to learn and grow from....

You obviously had a terrible experience and we apologize for that. That... More

"A Staffing Sales Agency, Not a Consulting Firm"

I worked at Revel full-time

Pros

Consultants are professional and hard workers but turnover is high due to the way the company is structured and constantly changing their business model.

Cons

You're not paid your worth - pay is significantly below the Seattle salary average relative to other similar consulting firms. Management turnover is high. Constantly hiring for senior leadership roles and not investing in current consultant benefits is the norm. Sell, sell, sell is all you hear. There is no existing pipeline of work for you to role on to when you've completed a contract even though they boast they have so much work. Microsoft is their biggest account which limits cross-industry growth for consultants. Not a fun place to work.

Advice to Management

Invest in your consultants. Offer a better 401(k) match since you pay your consultants so poorly. Diversify your client portfolio to allow for consultants to grow cross-industry.

Dec 28, 2018 – CEO

A lot here – will do my best to summarize and hit on most points.

Compensation and benefits are top notch. We’re part of an annual benchmark analysis facilitated by True Benefits and consistently... More

"check the employment contracts before you go here"

I worked at Revel full-time

Pros

People are really nice and there are some cool things being done.

Cons

Check the employment deals before you start as most of the contracts are contingent based. They also reach out to a lot of people looking to see if they are wanting to leave, but do not have a job ready for them.

Advice to Management

Figure out what you want to be and do it. Are you a staff augmentation firm or are you a consulting company?

Mar 25, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the balanced feedback.

The people make this place magical - they care SO much about each other, respective customers, and the broader community. I'm forever grateful for the... More

"Driven Need Only Apply"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Revel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing connectivity in ICT industries.
    Ambition to diversify outside of ICT.
    Solid Leadership at the top levels. CEO is making more investments in top leadership. Current CEO can not scale effectively without them.
    Solid
    Great benefits, including a full paid paternity/maternity leave.

Cons

Middle Management Leadership is inconsistent and quiet
    Pipeline of opportunities not made transparent to associates. While this intentional, I don't believe it should be this way. Especially after 18 months of successful project delivery. Let the associates who have earned it peek into the pipeline.

Advice to Management

Deepen your mid-management capacity building. Reward results as much as tenure. Never lose sight of meritocracy.
    Evaluate your bonus model for inconsistency and overlooking associates who contributed to new and incremental business revenue.

"Great company with many positives"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are good at what you do, knowledgeable, and client-centric, you will love Revel and succeed.

Here are some benefits:
    - Paid family leave (8 weeks for paternity)
    - 15 days PTO
    - 8 days of Holiday + 2 flex days
    - Most clients are flexible meaning you can work from home a few days a week
    - You make Revel what you want it to be
    - If you go above and beyond, your salary will quickly increase
    - Opportunity for bonuses
    - Partnership with General Assembly means free classes and education!
    - Abundent snacks
    - Holiday parties are amazing
    - Great colleagues and supportive managers
    - Collaborative communities
    - Great projects - mostly in Digital Marketing and Sales

Cons

- People who aren’t agile, can’t take feedback well, and don’t communicate well with clients will fail here. Revel keeps the top talent and has little patience for people who are rigid in their thinking.

Advice to Management

Hire top talent and carry more of a bench. The ondemand model is flawed and needs to be addressed as we lose on opportunities. Be careful of miss-hires, especially at the leadership level. They tend to have residual negative affect on the company from a culture and reputation standpoint.

"A thrilling place to make a contribution"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the experience of being a Reveler - I've done consulting at a number of firms, and I think Revel has the best mix of client impact, culture, and internal intellectual culture. Clients love us - we dramatically improve their performance, period. Being here has upped my game as a professional and strategist immensely - I have learned so much from my very diverse consultants and operations colleagues. I am so excited to see how I grow and learn in the coming months and years.

Cons

As you can see from the mixed reviews, many people love it here and a few don't. Make sure you talk to current and former employees to triangulate whether you'll like it here. Revel is rapidly maturing in terms of HR and internal processes - it's wonderful to see the sincere effort being made to make things better for everyone.

Advice to Management

Thank you for making Revel such a thrilling place to work!

Ensure expectations and norms are communicated and clarified with everyone - not everyone is a self-starter or rockstar, so communicating up front "what success/distinctive performance looks like" is critical.

"The worst company to work for in Seattle, no contest."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would have to say there aren't any.

Cons

Beware! This company is as fraudulent and corrupted as they come. Don't expect a single thing you're promised, because the offer will sound awesome. It's not. This company is lies built on more lies, poorly managed, and losing money. What a fun combination!
    Oh and I've heard from multiple people that they falsify 5 star glass door reviews frequently to up their score (that's why I've finally decided to write an honest review, which will surely be pushed down the page rank by fake positive reviews), these are tricky and unethical people.

Advice to Management

Be honest, and hire significantly better management. Current management is a sad joke.

Dec 17, 2017 – CEO

Quite frankly, my instinct was to simply scroll past this review (nodding my head w/ disbelief & disgust)...I quickly took a step back to apply/see through one of our core values of empathy, empathy... More

"Always Pushing Forward.."

I have been working at Revel full-time

Pros

Fortunate to continually to be working with amazing people over my eight plus years here at Revel. Great place to work, learn and be challenged. It's definitely not a place for apathy, constantly moving and providing opportunities to learn and move the needle.

Cons

Must take initiative on career goals/path. I noticed that those who do best 'opt-in' to the available opportunities to build skills and experiences . Not for those that are passive as pace dictates ability to continually learn and be adaptable to change/transformation.

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Revel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for Revel Consulting for almost 3 years. The people at Revel are who make this company. I found my fellow Revelers to be smart dedicated people that I enjoyed interacting with without exception. The Revel Management genuinely looks out for its employees and actively works to provide opportunities for growth and collaboration. Overall I had a great experience and I am very appreciative of my time working for them. I would highly recommend the company to any future employees.

Cons

Working for any consulting company comes with the risk of ending up on the Bench. I was able to leverage one long term assignment into another and stayed off the bench during my entire tenure of with Revel. It is always best to keep in mind that you are ultimately your own best advocate for getting work and staying busy.

Sep 21, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback. I'm ecstatic to know that the community model proved to be valuable during your time with Revel! We have several spaces, in which leadership (Community Leads) discuss... More