KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 120 of over 129 reviews

3.5
Revel CEO Vikas Kamran
Vikas Kamran
Pros
  • "Revel wants to be different and give people the autonomy to grow their career or maintain work-life balance for their schedule(in 11 reviews)

• "The Leadership - The CEO is brilliant, and has a lot of smart people working for him(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The company is growing at such a rapid pace that sometimes there are informational gaps between leadership and associates(in 6 reviews)

• "Not enough business development muscle to keep you employed(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Consulting

Join the conversation on

Consulting

3y

works at

Deloitte

Harshest feedback you’ve ever received?

6,873

601 Comments

Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

It was time... I should have done more...

Apr 11, 2020 - BI & Analytics Senior Associate in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opt in culture and entrepreneur environment made every day exciting and challenging. Vikas/Team bent over backwards to keep me engaged during trying times and was always there when I needed their support. I may have pushed the boundaries on both clients and Revel Management... but Vikas/Team for the most part smiled and just kept pivoting with me.

Cons

Its hard to make everyone happy during a company buy out. It felt like transparency and stability took a hit during this period... I get it, couldn't be helped. The management attrition was a little high for my liking - made it hard to re-establish trusted relationships.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your feedback. Really appreciate you sharing your experience with Revel. We're always seeking opportunities to improve and/or reinforce behaviors that result in a positive experience. Boundaries: Keep pushing them! This is what we love most. Leadership/Management should always carve out time to invest in growth (hard stop). They find joy in seeing others thrive. And create environments that nurture a growth mindset. Pushing boundaries with a well thought out plan makes it hard for people to say NO. Stick to creating lean business cases (READY), engage the right people (SET), then start executing/testing (GO). Acquisition: You're right on here. The process itself takes a lot from the leadership/management team. And that probably consumed (took) energy from our communication and engagement rhythm with associates and etc. We were warned this might happen. And it did. We quickly recovered from it in Q1 with the help of people services who own various spaces that give associates visibility into where we are on our vision of being a human-centered digital platform and software engineering company. These spaces include Q&A and etc. Management Attrition: Yes. This was an issue for a period time. Once we got our footing w/r/t a 3 to 5 year plan and etc. it made it easier for the leadership/management team to understand their purpose and how it aligns to the broader vision. Since then leadership and management retention has been great. We have spaces in place to continue this conversation and will have a continuous improvement mindset. Thanks again for your time with Revel. Your perspective and feedback is helpful. Vikas K.

2. 2.0

They Talk Big, but Don't Walk the Talk

Jan 25, 2021 - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

* They have successfully attracted very talented consultants, that want to do good and well * The consultants are very collaborative and always willing to help each other out * They're willing to experiment and try new things, e.g. they used to have a really cool innovation group, call the Foundry that held fun and interesting workshops * They have a cool office in Seattle * They plan fun and elaborate company events

Cons

* The Leadership team is constantly changing their vision based on the buzz words du jour * Leadership views consultants as commodities * The Management is very young (mostly guys) who are very ambitious, but don't have a lot of experience * Business Development is weak: they are highly transactional and don't necessarily have the the best interest of the client or the consultant in mind * They struggle to maintain a healthy pipeline and staffing plan, as result they over hire, end up having a lot of people on the bench and then do big layoffs * Most of the projects are staff aug * Sometimes they pressure consultants to take projects that they're not well suited to do

12 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Don’t Work Here!

Dec 10, 2020 - Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

My pay increased 60% from previous firm. There are some really good people @ Revel. Unfortunately, even they are hampered in their ability to do good, strangled by the dominating hand of the CEO. I am a leader here looking for every exit to quickly get off this bumpy ride.

Cons

Revel has six core principles: 1. Opt in, 2. See what can be, 3. Empathy always, 4. Be present, 5. Yes, and, 6. Love what you can do. You could more accurately change these to: 1. Work for free, 2. Do what I tell you, 3. Do what your client say, to hell with what you think, 4. Be present at all hours, 5. Have no boundaries, 6. Pretend you enjoy this When I started at Revel every single person I chatted with said, “I avoid working with Vikas (CEO) at all cost. Once you get in his orbit there be prepared to be randomized and never able to escape.” I thought they were wrong, they weren’t. Other come phrases heard around the office, “That’s what I call the Vikas Tornado!” The CEO is erratic, demoralizing, lack empathy, and is devoid of integrity. He takes every opportunity to silence other leaders both on client engagements and internal projects. He will routinely yell at you in front of clients leaving you with no shred of credibility to continue partnering with your clients. Other senior leadership is totally silent and complicit to Vikas’s demands. I’ve tired to raise issues with other leaders and they simply say “I get it but good luck convincing Vikas.”

9 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. Revel leadership and management takes pride in the vision/strategy/operating plan that continues to deliver results for associates, clients, and broader community. Being on the management team (past or present) I encourage you to pls. take a step back and think about how much the firm has accomplished and how that was made possible? We come together, stay focused, and committed to our operating plan and associates. The latter being the most critical considering contextual awareness and empathy has never been more important. Mindfulness of backstage/environmental shifts associates are experiencing is critical to unlocking value. We recognize this and continue to retain Revelers as such. As a leadership team we come together to cover blind-spots and play to strengths. We're on a venture integration journey which comes with it's changes, differences, value creators and etc. Phase 1: Highly fragmented - large pools of experts, even though there are a wide range of capabilities and personas present. Delivery primarily focused on individual contributors getting things done for projects. PEOPLE ARE FEELING: Challenged, nervous, curious, excited Phase 2: More focused - teams organized into groups of similar capabilities and personas. Delivery is group-focused, without much cross pollination, but supported through increased communication. PEOPLE ARE FEELING: Empowered, confident, tired, defensive Phase 3: Highly integrated - capabilities and personas have been refined, tested, and integrated together. Delivery shifts into engagements, and end to end solutions to build systems that get things done. PEOPLE ARE FEELING: Unstoppable, autonomous, innovative, happy Over the next 6 months we'll be exiting phase to and going into phase 3. If still w/ the firm - pls. reach-out so we can talk through your think/feel/do and find a way to right the situation. You shouldn't have to feel this way. If you're no longer w/ the firm pls. feel free to reach-out considering you made an investment in the firm as we failed to deliver. I'd like to dig a bit further to ensure others don't have to experience this level of dissatisfaction. Thanks for contributing to my (and our) personal development journey. Vikas K.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Avoid! Dishonest and incompetent leadership

Jul 16, 2021 - Senior Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

*They are able to obtain some very sharp and bright consultants, mostly through lying during the recruiting process * Pay and benefits aren’t bad

Cons

Could go on for hours, but I agree with other reviewer‘s, this is a dishonest and unprofessional company that you should avoid at all costs. As soon as they don’t need you or as soon as they don’t have another gig for you because of their weak business development arm, you are cut.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

They post false five star reviews, I’ve helped them do it.

Nov 6, 2020 - Sales and Marketing Associate in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home was flexible, and the events are above average.

Cons

The lies. Now that I’ve found a new job at a company that I love, I can’t help but warn others about the lies. I was complicit to keep my job, but we lied in these reviews all the time, asked other employees to lie, lied about bonuses and hid budget deficits, lied about client successes (even though we lost clients constantly), blindsided employees with layoffs on a regular basis, and completely falsified all kinds of efforts. They believe this is how all companies are run so that the ethical ramifications shouldn’t make a difference, and when I questioned what we were doing I was scolded for being naive, but let me tell you it’s so much better to work at a company that doesn’t have to lie to clients and employees all the time to save face! I’m honestly shocked they haven’t gone out of business yet, it certainly looked that way from the inside for a while. I’ve also personally witnessed another associate be verbally abused to the point of tears by one of our unhinged managers. It should’ve been ground for firing of the manager, in my opinion, and legally it was a very hostile work environment situation, but to my knowledge this manager was never reprimanded.

9 people found this review helpful

CEO

As usual we appreciate the note and more importantly apologize that you feel this way. Whilst, we trust the underlying individual and assume positive intent in people it's critical to share facts/the other perspective with readers. Moreover (and as stated in other threads) the firm is a reflection of the whole and we have some really great leaders/managers/associates who show-up everyday to create value for their clients. communities, and each other. That's not to say we won't look into the hostility referenced in your comments. Bonuses: Our management and leadership team(s) qualify for a variable bonus. They've always been paid per achievement. Bonuses are accrued on a balance sheet and then paid accordingly. Pretty straight forward. Glassdoor Reviews: Thanks for sharing this information. And sad to see/know the above. We've seen similar comments from a few others on this platform. At that point People Services took action by reaching-out to staff (anonymously = safety) to see if this might be happening across the org. The team came back with nothing. Furthermore, we have NO internal Glassdoor campaigns. Whilst Glassdoor is ONE channel to collect sentiment and feedback, our employee experience strategy is derived from an annual employee sat assessment conducted by an agnostic 3rd party hired by our parent company. Budget and Financial Strength: We were acquired last year based on capability and financial merit. Note - this requires extensive due diligence by external/3rd parties hired by the acquiring organization. Moreover, we're probably one of few (medium sized) firms that actually goes through a certified financial audit (annually) providing our employees safety/confidence/security. This is not required and most orgs simply compile/review. Clients and Client Retention: We service some of the largest and most recognized brands. Readers (of this thread) can trust that they have a fairly detailed vetting process that includes validation of work and client references. Moreover, client/customer churn would result in poor financial performance. We have the opposite. CLV (customer lifetime value) is high...leading to a strong financial position...resulting in ongoing investments to ensure we continue delivering value to our clients and associates. We're just closing FY21Q3 (in a pandemic). Our associate retention is high. Our client retention is high. Our demand is high (we're hiring). Our financial position is strong - double digit topline and profitability growth. The entire team has exceeded expectations. Again - thanks for sharing your perspective. I felt compelled to share another perspective. Transparency is key and the management team works hard to maintain clarity and confidence. Super happy that you've find a place and job that you love. This is important in life. Wish we could've provided you this at Revel. Vikas K.

6. 2.0
      Current Employee

Bigger is not better

Dec 14, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Accountability is 99% to the customer (as long as you are billing hours). Great when you need to fill in with a job that pays the bills.

Cons

Acquisition by Infogain resulted in immediate 5% pay cut for *everyone (* as far as employees know). Weak vacation and benefits. You will never get a raise, so negotiate everything up front. No career path, if that's your thing.

7 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for the note and feedback. Always feel free to ping me (or anybody in management or others who've been here for sometime) to discuss areas for improvement. We're far from perfect and I can promise you each of us tries to do our very best to provide associates with a 360 package that rewards inputs. The organization is growing. Lots of opportunity. We believe in growth mind-set. If you want a career - let's create one, together. Your time and experience is more valuable than contributing to a 'bridge'/'gap' solution. There's a lot of power in the 'whole'. Strategy, Design, and Business Transformation provides great opportunity to help customers shape and design experiences/programs/orgs and etc. the engineering capability gives us an opportunity to build something at scale that millions of users interact with daily. There's power there. AND it gives us/you greater business continuity/predictability considering our LTV equation advances with our customers. w/r/t to pay cut. Halfway through 2020, we made the difficult but necessary decision to adjust our compensation structure with a Company Performance Linked Plan (CPLP) to account for projected headwinds in our industry as a result of COVID. This was not a pay cut. The goal was to focus on providing predictability and sustainability. It was a shift of 5% for associates and 15% for leadership. Shift to CPLP. Given better than expected (working through COVID unknown) demand for our digital business we (recently) made the announcement below. So you get more than the 5% :-) "Today, I’m pleased to inform you that we’re on track to pay out 125% of the plan, the maximum amount possible. As the CPLP framework will have served its purpose by the end of this fiscal year, it will be discontinued at the end of March 2021. In an uncertain business environment, this is a perfect example of the power of pulling together." w/r/t benefits we offer Anthem Blue Cross - Classic PPO, Solution PPO, HDHP HSA-Qualified PPO. Pls. reach-out for a virtual coffee if you're not seeing the right level of 'pull' to contribute in a more meaningful way. Thanks again for being here. We want to engage better. Best, Vikas K.

7. 1.0
      Current Employee

AVOID THIS COMPANY

Feb 1, 2021 - Customer Support
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers get you through the day.

Cons

This is a scam of a business. Do not work here. Rude and disengaged management. No growth potential. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee

Anonymous

Feb 14, 2020 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learnt lot of skills related to my skill and outside though most of it is self stimulating. Relaxed laid back environment. The community leaders are very collaborative.

Cons

Though Vikas has a vision based on Revel’s core principles the company does not stimulate those practices. It pretty hierarchy heavy, discrimination and racism is felt not across Revel but on certain teams. The management is aware of such behaviors:approach but they do nothing to rectify it .Having backbone and agree/disagreeable approach is not welcomed and most times such incidents are governed by Associate’s. In my team no one stayed more than a year and that’s something to note. I joined Revel a year back with a vision and my performance was at peak. Due to the business model we could get profit out of it. I would not recommend thus place as there’s no growth- only politics .

10 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

What an experience!

Jan 31, 2020 - Senior Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked for Revel for over 6 years -- which is a long time for the industry. What kept me engaged and excited to be at Revel was the people, leadership, and the opportunity to create your own journey. (1) People: The current Revel team and many in the past are AMAZING. Revel really does find genuine people who I enjoyed working with. From those in the field, to Ops, Hr, and Finance, everyone is warm, welcoming, and helpful. I will miss working with such wonderful colleagues. (2) Leadership: The current leadership team will take the company places. They are visionaries who truly care about people. They also get their hands dirty when needed and don't tell anyone to do anything they won't do themselves. The CEO has been a great mentor over the years. He expects greatness, and you will be challenged. However, you will come out better for it and your career will grow + clients will be impressed. Isn't growth the point of work? Can't ask for anything more. (3) Opportunity: Related to the above, if you work hard and are okay with growth, you will be given opportunities to thrive. You do have to ask for it, and make it clear, but leadership will always support you. I've seen people grow in their careers here and move from HR to the field, from Ops to Sales, and from Associates to Sr. Managers. Opportunities are there if you seize them.

Cons

Revel has had some leadership miss-hires over the years that have resulted in a dampening of the culture. The current leadership is strong and culture is improving. I think it is a wonderful place to work.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for the note and trust in our path forward. We've made some extensive investments that are creating growth opportunities. That said, growth typically comes with some friction/tension. We'll continue working through these. The first step is mindfulness. We're glad that our focus on encouraging people to stretch into new areas (or grow w/in current trajectory/focus) led to such positivity! As you know we really push and believe in the challenger mindset. Given our mission is to unlock the human creative potential in everyone. We focus on activating latent energy that exist everywhere and in everybody. Thanks for sharing and helping us reinforce these attributes. Vikas K.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Just a meat shop

Jan 15, 2020 - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay was good. Not as good as it should have been since they consistently take a 50% to 60% cut which is above industry standards. There are/were some good people there, but they're all gone now.

Cons

You can go from golden boy to incommunicado in a matter of weeks with no rhyme or reason. There either is no pipeline or I was directly lied to. I tend to believe the latter based on my experiences and those shared with me after the fact. They pretend to be some caring company, but the reality is they are a meat shop like any other.

11 people found this review helpful

CEO

Whilst you asked for no response; I wanted to thank you for feedback. We take data and perspectives from all listening channels into consideration. You spent the time sharing and I wanted to spend a few seconds recognizing that it's been heard. Wishing you all the best on your journey and sorry that you feel the way you did. Vikas K.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 120 Reviews