Revel Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Greg Dukat

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Unlimited vacation, snacks, free lunch" (in 33 reviews)

• "Great team building and great morale due to the growth of the company" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Maintaining a good work life balance is on you" (in 18 reviews)

• "Long hours as is at any startup" (in 20 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Awesome culture and product for sales to sell. Great people to work with

Cons

Recent changes but outlook seems good

Advice to Management

More transparency and keep the culture lively

""Back on Track""

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- New, and necessary, sense of focus since management change
    - The company feels like it is on the right track again
    - Great team, culture, change in management and career progression

Cons

- Changes in day to day processes, should become easier but not seen yet
    - Still organizational cleanup to do

Advice to Management

Focus on being transparent and rebuilding trust that was lost in old management

3. "Great opportunity for career growth, excellent support from management, undergoing positive cultural change"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The CEO Greg Dukat is keenly invested in making Revel’s culture the pinnacle of a good workplace. Excellent hires across the organisation are creating better pay, better benefits, better professional development, to help Revel acquire and maintain the best talent to achieve business goals.

Cons

Revel is still going through a large cultural change so there are still some start up hang ups in processes and individuals.

"Company Environment"

Former Employee - SDR
    Former Employee - SDR

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

company environment, fun co-workers, positive.

Cons

Developing sales process that needs some work.

Advice to Management

I worked at Revel Systems and hit the senior level quota right away. I was promised a certain promotional path and then the company went back on their word. I felt a little undervalued in the SDR position.

"All lies, this place is sinking fast!!!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some old good fellas that we still enjoy working together

Cons

I saw the last few reviews and decided to clear things out. All these have been posted by management, look how they are trying to give all the credit to the "new management" and even writing a review about the main current "leader", the style is even the same which leads to believe that it's the same person.
    Truth: this place is going down very fast, the sales numbers are not promising but they keep telling us that things are ok every time they give us some BS All Hands. They keep adding some C Level folks like if they have the magic stick and they can turn things around, this is simply enjoying leading a company and bringing the old friends to share the cake while not adding any value, nothing will work believe me and if you want to know the truth simply ask the people that have seen all the changes and lived the good old days.
    Oh and don't you forget that some people have been promoted just because, you can't even understand the reasons. The lady, to not mention names as I respect the rules of posting, that was harassing and sleeping around with other ladies that work here and in return for some favors like forcing their managers to accept them working from "home" while they take off together enjoying the sun in Mexico, the trips to Lithuania together, the love story that they disrespectfully enjoy at a work place, this person that simply talks a lot just to cover how strategically weak she is, has been simply promoted to a C Level? how, well it takes a lot of BS and kissing...
    There is no culture anymore, there is nothing to enjoy in this place. Ah and folks in SF, whatever they tell us, we are all moving to Hotlanta one day if they keep this same strategy, enjoy!

Advice to Management

You have a full "competent" C level team, if you read all the names and titles, I don't think you need my advice since you "know" it all. Good luck messing with the lives of all the people that work for pennies.

"Revel is a joke"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I guess the half-stocked kitchen and mediocre catered lunches? I will say I enjoyed working with my immediate team.

Cons

Where to begin? Management is a joke. They keep incompetent managers and directors around, and repeatedly promote people with little to no experience. Those who actually know what they're doing and put in hard work are never rewarded. Favoritism much??

Pay is also laughable. I was promised a promotion and raise, and it took nearly 2 years to see a minor raise (3%). Never once saw the promotion either, despite constantly being promised it would happen soon. The company did, however, have no issues in forcing me take on the role of the manager.

Turn-over rates are impressively bad! People are in and out of that company so fast. Those who do stick it out are usually stuck there, or have made it onto management's good side.

Revel has also continued to hire useless C-Level execs, while ignoring positions that actually need to be filled. The company's priorities when it comes to hiring are insane. People who are left to deal with the vacancies then get burnt out working the job of 3 people, and also leave. I guess their solution is to just hire more execs?

The worst part is probably the lack of innovation. Revel had a great idea years ago, but there's no push to innovate, and now they simply try to mimic Square.

Advice to Management

Quit hiring the morons from NCR. They're taking the company down fast with their antiquated way of thinking. Revel is supposed to be leading the industry, not reverting back to the methods the dinosaurs you're hiring are used to.

"Lots of input, not a whole lot of output"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- It's a smaller company so your voice and opinion has potential to make a difference
    - Lots of room to learn new skills in technology
    - Snacks provided

Cons

- A lot of responsibilities for below-average pay (You'll be doing things most people get paid a lot more for but your title will remain "Fulfillment Associate")
    - Company has a revolving door of ownership, so your future will remain uncertain (I was laid off after new owner shut down my office)
    - Below average annual raises ($.20 - $1.00 if you're lucky)

Advice to Management

Stop hiring investment bankers that look at numbers and throw away the people that built the company. Invest in your people.

"Sales Executive"

I worked at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Overall met some great people. Originally company had a cool vibe and fun in-office perks like lunch and stocked kitchen.

Cons

Long hours and forced employees to work crazy hours the end of the month. Poor distribution of leads, no true methodology and certain employees were given great opportunities while other left in the dust. Poor customer service making the sales role more of an account manager, help desk and fixing fires.

"Sales & Support"

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

extremely supportive colleagues within team, great support from direct manager and supervisor.

Cons

management structure, no room for growth, lied to about commission structure, stock options, and bonus, sales team cheats and bullies ppl

"Going nowhere fast"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, snacks, free lunch. Glassdoor asks to provide 20 words of pros, but I cant come up with more than 4...

Cons

The people that work here are talented and hardworking, but have no direction. Departments are always struggling to get on the same page, support can’t support the product, and clients are never almost always unhappy. The turnover rate is incredible. The company has almost cut in size due to unhappy employees. The sales team is highly talented, but there is no one to support them or their clients after the sale is made. Whenever I see Revel working in a restaurant it’s sad how shocked I am.

Advice to Management

Bring back the culture Revel once had. If your employees are happy, everything else will fall into place. To the new management - make more time to spend with YOUR employees.