Revel Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Scott Betts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Unlimited vacation, snacks, free lunch (in 28 reviews)

• Great team building and great morale due to the growth of the company (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can become a problem if you let it (in 18 reviews)

• It's long hours and to be good you have to work hard over these (in 18 reviews)

"Upward Moving Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are definitely one of the best parts about Revel. People come to work and actually like their coworkers and the people they're around every day. It's a great company to join if you want to make an impact and not just feel like a number. The new CEO has refocused and made some really great changes that are already moving the company up in the right direction. Yes, there have been some growing pains but the company feels like its making the right changes to be successful and maintain the awesome culture.

Cons

Still some kinks to work out. Adjusting to change isn't for everyone and if you're not adaptable then maybe a start up isn't the best place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the employees and culture. Keep up momentum and maintain employee perks and company culture

"Great First Job"

Former Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revel Systems (More than a year)

Pros

-The people
    -Working in SF
    -Great chance to learn about the tech industry

Cons

-Unsupported product
    -Low salary
    -Culture has completely changed and office has an overall lower morale

"2017 review"

Current Employee - Tier II Support Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Tier II Support Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Offers some good work benefits

Cons

Is a new company with inexperienced management

Advice to Management

Find a manager to teach good management skills

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place if you are willing to hustle and work hard or go home type of culture that allows the opportunity to grow.

Cons

People tend to spend ~1-2 years here before taking on the next adventure. Revel needs to focus on how to hold onto their assets, people.

Advice to Management

To retain top talent you need to focus on the people that are making a difference internally first.

"Revel Investors Please Help Us"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great, snacks are awesome.
    The perks are very competitive.
    If you work hard you are rewarded. It will take hard work though.

Cons

It’s been very strange since the new CEOs took over from Lisa. I think Welsh Carson may have made a mistake. I don’t understand how after he was hired there was not a single woman brought on to the new leadership team. The new people he’s brining in are only old white men. We need a number of different perspectives at Revel and diversity is what gets us away from group think.

Advice to Management

To the people at Welsh Carson, take a tip from Uber’s Board and remove the CEO. Protect your investment and bring in someone who understands the culture in San Francisco & Silicon Valley. If you let this man destroy our company you destroy any profits you will make in the process. Please find someone who can truly lead us and will build a diverse culture.

"Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good stepping stone, to get you going in the tech industry. Free lunches and snacks. Happy hours and occasional company outings (though largely focused on a drinking culture).

Cons

This review is meant in all honesty, because it's been known that positive, 5 start reviews are crafted by HR, which is just sad. This company certainly will teach you about real life business experiences where you'll develop tough skin. In your professional career as well as your personal one, you'll experience positive and negative life experiences, and I can say I learned both while at Revel, though unfortunately more of the negative. The company appears to be great and there are some good people, but the company is completely sales focused vs actually producing a sound, reliable product. Take a look at social media if you have a change, because it's mostly customer complaints and customer service center. The writing is on the wall, so pay attention. There are a lot of issues in Silicon Valley with discrimination and sexual harassment, and it's sad this hasn't been brought to light earlier. Revel falls under both of these categories, because I've seen it first hand and it's horrible. I had a hard time coming into work because of it, which is why I started looking for a new role even before the company changed leadership. It could have been a great place, but when you have corrupt leaders, the company is bound for a grim future.

Advice to Management

Get rid of old leadership entirely if you're going to reinvent yourself. Also, work on the product before promoting it. Help the customers you say you care so much about.

"CEO and His Friends Are Killing The Culture"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Snacks, Silicon Valley Perks, Cool People, Cool Culture - For now...

Cons

It’s been over 6 months and the new CEO has yet to connect with anyone on the floor or show empathy any of the bright people who built the company from the ground up. Instead the newest trend is the sad fact that the new CEO is hiring only Good Old Boys who are his network of friends to run the company and destroy the culture instead of promoting from within. It’s very sad to see the change in moral over only a very short time.

It takes a long time to build up a great culture but only a short amount of time to destroy it completely.

I’m concerned the key people who built the company will start to leave Revel and that the trajectory and moral will continue to change for the worse. It’s only a matter of time before the entire culture is ruined and as a result the entire company’s fate. We have already seen a number of good people depart.

It’s very alarming to see such a big shift in such a short time and I hope that other true Revelers out there speak up to their values being changed, their culture being shifted, and moral ignored by a CEO that has zero prior experience at Revel and has zero understanding of how the culture and it’s hard working people actually works.

Advice to Management

Stop changing our cultures and our values.

"N/A"

Current Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, room for growth, fun culture, great product

Cons

Start up culture where you are doing more than one persons job

Advice to Management

No advice to management at this time

"Disappointing new chapter"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stocked kitchen, beautiful view of North Beach, daily credits to GrubHub, and opportunities to obtain company swag. Every now and then there are company outings and baseball games.

Cons

Since the co-founders have been replaced with the new CEO, there has been a significant change in the atmosphere. With the CEOs strong emphasis on cutting costs, the energy feels stoic and lifeless after removing an entire department. It's been a tough culture to acclimate to because the CEO has brought in a brand new executive team and changed the values this company was founded upon. It's funny because there is a large focus on employee development now - wouldn't you want to interview/hire from within??

Advice to Management

Focus on what ALL clients are asking for and take the time getting to know your employees. THEN, the profitability will come.

"Out Of Touch and Out of Depth CEO"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Revel has an amazing culture of hardworking and driven people. Revel also has great perks like free snacks, free gym membership, and all the other excellent perks you’d expect from a San Francisco start up. The people, the product, and the company is hands down the best place I’ve ever worked at.

Cons

The main obstacle to keeping the momentum to IPO and taking the company to the next level is the Out of Touch and Out of Depth new CEO who assumed a leadership position recently. I agree with the other reviews on this site that were recently posted and am seriously concerned his leadership style is polluting our wonderful environment with poorly timed negativity and fear that he’s injecting in on a daily basis.

The CEO is out of touch because he completely disassociates from the employees. He does not say a single word to anyone and walks around ignoring people like we are not even here. That is if he’s actually in the office (he only works 3 to 4 days a week) maybe he goes golfing or rides his motorcycle.

The truth is even when the guy is actually in the office he’s not really there, that is to say he’s not interacting with the other humans who actually put in the hard work to make the company what it is today.

Advice to Management

The CEO is completely out of his depth in running this technology company, I don’t think he’d ever used an Apple product prior to joining the company. He doesn’t even have a LinkedIN profile. How are you going to take a technology company to the next level if you barely can use new technology yourself?

I’ve heard countless people come to me with these exact same concerns and I wanted to add my voice to these glass door reviews so that our investors take this seriously and do something before it’s too late.

If I were the folks at Welsh Carson, I’d reconsider the decision of CEO and protect my investment. There are far better options readily available as the other reviews mentioned.