Cover image for Revel Systems

80% Recommend to a Friend
84% Approve of CEO

Found 322 of over 331 reviews

4.1
Revel Systems CEO Greg Dukat (no image)
Greg Dukat

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "They are all great people and fun to work with.(in 32 reviews)
  • "Good culture(in 16 reviews)
  • "The HR team is great and they painted an accurate picture of work life here at Revel Systems.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Great benefits(in 13 reviews)
  • "1. Amazing and friendly coworkers(in 8 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Awesome place to work

Sep 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, helpful people Tons of flexibility for WFH vs. in-office Great benefits Community involvement and charitable initiatives are constant Really impactful product to get behind

Cons

None. I love this place!

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Tough Market Scape

Oct 4, 2022 - A/R Accountant in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid Lunch Happy Hour Events

Cons

No upward mobility Lack of opportunity to advance

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company culture

Sep 7, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company with good people running it.

Cons

Difficult to hire qualified new employees. Hard to compete with competitive salaries that others in the industry are offering.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Start, Rough Finish.

Jul 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ideas, Innovation, Progressive Thinking, Young

Cons

Diversity, Leadership, Career Development, Support

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall Good

Sep 8, 2022 - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent, good culture, and definitely listen to you

Cons

Practices can be a little outdated

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great People. Terrible Culture and Compensation

Jul 14, 2022 - Prefer Not To Say
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are fun to work with and are definitely super talented in their field

Cons

I left Revel voluntarily after 3+ years and had a pretty good relationship with my team when I left but there's a lot here that I could harp on but I'll start by saying the culture here is has gotten toxic. You're gaslighted into working as hard as possible for very little reward or recognition. You don't want to let your team down because, genuinely, there is a lot of good talent there and there are great people. Management and executive leadership takes advantage of that and absolutely will not course correct to fix, in fact they lean into it. I got hired on by a great team of recruiters who sold me on what was a very enabling culture with so much opportunity to grow that I didn't even mind the terrible offer they gave me. When I came on board, I realized that there was actually NO room for growth professionally or financially. In fact, I didn't even get a cost of living raise or even a performance evaluation for nearly 3 years. There is absolutely NO diversity and inclusion. Estaff and management say they care but their actions speak way louder than their words. They really don't care for it, as long as they are making their bonus checks. Now let's talk about money. Revel consistently underpays their employees by a lot. While most companies are doing their hardest to make sure their employees are valued and paid fairly, Revel does the exact opposite. They'll give you an offer with the salary 50-70% lower than the market with zero equity or bonus and then sell you on their benefits and culture which they think offsets that. They'll also tell you that you'll have an opportunity for a merit increase/promotion but that's an extremely rare circumstance. Merit raises will only be up to 5%. as will the "profit sharing" bonus. They do have very good healthcare benefits but that's definitely not enough to make of for the complete lack of market awareness. They'll also work you to the bone and float promotions by you that are completely unattainable. There is no career pathing in the company nor are there plans to create any so you're kind of stuck where you're at. Hiring practices are a bit nepotistic. If you are a relative of one of the estaff or even a friend, you'll have a job a Revel without interviewing at all. They'll even create jobs for their friends and hire outside of the actual set procedures. I have also noticed that you cannot speak your mind here. If you do, you risk painting a bullseye on your back and getting let go within the next week. In fact, this exact scenario has happened multiple times while I was there. They expect you to just sit and listen instead of provide constructive feedback. This company is not worth your stress levels. Go somewhere else if you want an inkling of respect and want to get paid what you're worth.

3 people found this review helpful

Revel Systems Response

Thank you for the feedback! Fostering a strong and diverse culture here at Revel Systems is extremely important to us and being nominated as one of Atlanta Business Chronicle's 2021 Best Places to Work is an honor that speaks to that strong and diverse culture we've built. Regarding compensation, our ranges reflect current market conditions and we are always looking for ways to make sure our employees are recognized for their hard work whether it be internal promotions or our new employee recognition platform that we have recently established.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love working here!

Jun 20, 2022 - Product engineering department in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, kind, and driven people with positive attitudes A mid-size company with a start-up feel

Cons

Truly none. Working at Revel is 100x times better than the vast majority of software companies, especially the much larger companies.

People Engagement Coordinator

Thanks so much for taking the time to right this, we value your feedback so much!

8. 1.0

Sales

Sep 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility is great, lots of room for creative solutions.

Cons

Toxic leadership, weak decision making, no direction

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Empty promises and hostile sales manager/team

Jul 30, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are likely hiring, since 1/2 of the sales staff turned over in one year

Cons

Hostile, micromanaging, extremely dishonest and fake head of sales. Revel is getting savaged by Toast. Toxic work environment,

Revel Systems Response

Thank you for the feedback! We continue to grow and with growth, there is sometimes change. Our business is thriving and we take pride in being nominated as one of Atlanta Business Chronicle's 2021 Best Places to Work.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company to work at

Jun 18, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, competitive salary, happy hour

Cons

nothing that I can think of

Viewing 1 - 10 of 322 Reviews
</>Embed

Revel Systems Reviews FAQs

Revel Systems has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 331 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Revel Systems to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Revel Systems employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Revel Systems. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

80% of Revel Systems employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Revel Systems 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Revel Systems to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Revel Systems Job Seekers