Revel Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 25, 2017

5.0
Scott Betts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Unlimited vacation, snacks, free lunch (in 29 reviews)

• Great team building and great morale due to the growth of the company (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Maintaining a good work life balance is on you (in 18 reviews)

• It's long hours and to be good you have to work hard over these (in 18 reviews)

"Upward Moving Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are definitely one of the best parts about Revel. People come to work and actually like their coworkers and the people they're around every day. It's a great company to join if you want to make an impact and not just feel like a number. The new CEO has refocused and made some really great changes that are already moving the company up in the right direction. Yes, there have been some growing pains but the company feels like its making the right changes to be successful and maintain the awesome culture.

Cons

Still some kinks to work out. Adjusting to change isn't for everyone and if you're not adaptable then maybe a start up isn't the best place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the employees and culture. Keep up momentum and maintain employee perks and company culture

"N/A"

Current Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, room for growth, fun culture, great product

Cons

Start up culture where you are doing more than one persons job

Advice to Management

No advice to management at this time

"It All Starts at the Top"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

There are many pros to being part of Revel. The product and people come to mind first, and then the location and generous perks such as free lunch, Friday happy hours and other snacktivities.

Cons

There's a newly appointed CEO and like anything else in life, it all starts at the top.
    There's a new sherif in town, much different than before, and the fun has left the building. What I'm referring to is how the mood around the office has shifted, dramatically, suddenly, like an earthquake that came out of nowhere.

I'm sure he's a nice enough guy and a decent person, but you wouldn't know it by working in the same office with him. He demeanor is standoffish, unfriendly and downright cold. I'm concerned about what's going to happen around here, and what future holds because this place which was once super fun to come to work to everyday, may soon become the place you dread to be. It's like he's either knowingly or unknowingly sucking the life out of this place.

The gentleman doesn't:
    Smile
    Laugh
    Talk
    Reach Out
    Engage
    Offer gestures of kindness

Why? I don't know. Maybe it's simply because he's from a very different time and place. (I think he's around 70). There's nothing wrong with being much older, and I don't discriminate against age or anything else. Being older means you have experience, however times change and things aren't always accomplished in the same ways throughout time. The experience one has isn't always applicable in all environments and that's where I'll circle back to the change that's been taking place. The environment! It all starts at the top and the top is changing the environment.

Advice to Management

This company needs a more embracing, giving, and modern leader to quickly take over the reins. Revel needs a new leader as soon as possible that is more adept with the ins and outs of how technology companies work. Please help! There are many employees that have already left, and many more valuable ones will follow suit if he remains. I humbly request our kind investors to please take these posts seriously and to replace the current CEO with one better suited for Revel.

"CEO Disruption - not the good disruption.."

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Industry leading product is always nice to represent :)

Free food/drinks/coffee in the kitchen and credits towards GrubHub

Bagel Fridays and Happy Hours bring all departments together

Cons

The new CEO's focus on profitability has taken priority over getting to know his team. Not only does he walk by employees without smiling or greeting them, but has yet to visit other offices.

The new CEO's lacking aptitude for technology is clearly evident. His highly analytical approach may not be the best in Silicon Valley considering that is an area surrounded by innovation.

The new CEO has already changed all the values this company was founded upon.

Office can certainly use an upgrade. The carpets feel like they are from the 90's and the amenities are in rough shape.

The transition from Unlimited PTO to earned PTO was an absolute disaster. The company did not prepare any of us for this and led to planned vacations putting us in the negative. The transition was not delivered effectively from the start and created a lot of turmoil across the company.

Advice to Management

Find a new CEO - you can't teach an old dog new tricks. He is not programmed for a leading POS company and has not demonstrated the ability to interact with the employees of Revel.

HR needs to be advocates for all employees and take less of a business approach.

"New CEO"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Revel is an amazing place to work at. The compensation is way above average and the culture before the beginning of the year was amazing. The sales team's mentality and drive is infrxtious and it's all thanks to the current COO, who built the Sales Team from ground up. He is the reason why many folks stuck around through the uncertain days.

Cons

Ever since the new CEO has come aboard the company a lot has changed for the bad. First of he walks around snooping on people's computers and never speaks to anyone. Employees feel as if there is no clear direction and how can we trust a new "leader" that refuses to speak to you or even acknowledges your mere existence. He has absolutely no knowledge of the industry we are in and therefore the sense of direction of the company has gotten lost. He initially came onboard and promised a lot of transparency and positive changes. So far we have seen zero positive changes and absolutely no transparency at all. In fact I feel as if everything is more hush hush. I just don't understand why the new investors would bring in someone back from retirement to lead a new age company instead of promoting the COO, who built Revel and nurtured it to what it has become now.

Advice to Management

My advice is to appoint the COO as the CEO as he is the one that knows the company and has driven the growth. . Another advice is to get rid of the current CEO before Revel's winning culture completely fades away. He is not fit for this industry nor Revel in general.

"Overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working for this company. It is refreshing to have a management staff that is approachable, effective and knowledgeable. Every moment I have been with this company has been valuable in some way and has allowed me to develop professionally. I cannot express how much this company means to me and I would highly recommend anyone with sales experience to apply.

Cons

It can be tempting to work outside normal business hours, which can lead to work/life imbalance. Also the office is really loud because of the sales team, we really need a bigger office to accommodate all these new employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication and driving the company in the right direction. With some time and teamwork I think Revel is going to be unstoppable.

"Fun, Rewarding and Challenging Work"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Here at Revel, we are changing people’s lives for the better. Everyday I feel like I have contributed to something great. Ideas and ingenuity are highly valued here, and there are tons of opportunities to grow vertically and horizontally within the company.

Cons

We are a rapidly growing company. This means you can expect some trial and error. Perfection never happens on the first try!

Advice to Management

Keep the forward momentum going!

8. "Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Great Training
    Catered Lunch
    Great Product
    Great Income Potential

Cons

Bumps in the road at times (as with any start-up)

Advice to Management

Embrace the smart and talented people that work hard everyday, allow them the opportunity to grow.

"Great Team Atmosphere"

Pros

Company culture is second to none. There is constant support all around. Catered lunches and snacks. Great benefits.

Cons

communication with other offices sometimes difficult with timezone difference

"Great people with exciting growth potential!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Revel Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Working as a temp at Revel for a few months has given me some insight to the rapid growth and potential that the company has to offer. I was recently converted as a full time employee, and I'm eager to witness this growth while being a part of the exciting work environment.

They have amazing health/vision/dental benefits, free lunch, and unlimited PTO via requests. These are just a few of the great things that Revel offers it's numerous appreciated employees. The environment in the office is a fun and friendly one, and every team is openly appreciated for the work they do. I love working here due to the fact that the work you put in is definitely noticed, and you are treated as part of the Revel family rather than simply being seen as a member of the company. The growth potential is amazing, and your voice will be heard given you provide the feedback.

Cons

I cannot think of a reason not to work here. I live an hour away from work, and would happily make the drive if it was 2 hours.

Advice to Management

RevelUP!