Revel Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 25, 2017

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Betts

Pros
  • Unlimited vacation, snacks, free lunch (in 24 reviews)

• Great team building and great morale due to the growth of the company (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • It is important to remind yourself to keep a work/life balance (in 17 reviews)

• It's long hours and to be good you have to work hard over these (in 18 reviews)

"Overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working for this company. It is refreshing to have a management staff that is approachable, effective and knowledgeable. Every moment I have been with this company has been valuable in some way and has allowed me to develop professionally. I cannot express how much this company means to me and I would highly recommend anyone with sales experience to apply.

Cons

It can be tempting to work outside normal business hours, which can lead to work/life imbalance. Also the office is really loud because of the sales team, we really need a bigger office to accommodate all these new employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication and driving the company in the right direction. With some time and teamwork I think Revel is going to be unstoppable.

"Fun, Rewarding and Challenging Work"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Here at Revel, we are changing people’s lives for the better. Everyday I feel like I have contributed to something great. Ideas and ingenuity are highly valued here, and there are tons of opportunities to grow vertically and horizontally within the company.

Cons

We are a rapidly growing company. This means you can expect some trial and error. Perfection never happens on the first try!

Advice to Management

Keep the forward momentum going!

3. "Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Great Training
    Catered Lunch
    Great Product
    Great Income Potential

Cons

Bumps in the road at times (as with any start-up)

Advice to Management

Embrace the smart and talented people that work hard everyday, allow them the opportunity to grow.

"Great Team Atmosphere"

Pros

Company culture is second to none. There is constant support all around. Catered lunches and snacks. Great benefits.

Cons

communication with other offices sometimes difficult with timezone difference

"Great people with exciting growth potential!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Revel Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Working as a temp at Revel for a few months has given me some insight to the rapid growth and potential that the company has to offer. I was recently converted as a full time employee, and I'm eager to witness this growth while being a part of the exciting work environment.

They have amazing health/vision/dental benefits, free lunch, and unlimited PTO via requests. These are just a few of the great things that Revel offers it's numerous appreciated employees. The environment in the office is a fun and friendly one, and every team is openly appreciated for the work they do. I love working here due to the fact that the work you put in is definitely noticed, and you are treated as part of the Revel family rather than simply being seen as a member of the company. The growth potential is amazing, and your voice will be heard given you provide the feedback.

Cons

I cannot think of a reason not to work here. I live an hour away from work, and would happily make the drive if it was 2 hours.

Advice to Management

RevelUP!

"Opportunity & Growth"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

I've been working with Revel for a year now and It's been amazing how much growth and opportunity I've been able to achieve here. I started off as a Sourcer on contract sourcer and was able to be promoted to a full-time Corporate Recruiter in 6-months. This is a place where you're rewarded for your hard work, which I find to be extremely motivation. Your voice can be heard here, and your actions really do have an impact. The opportunity for upward mobility here is something you won't find at a lot of other companies.
    The free food, weekly happy hours and quarterly events (Giants games, bowling) are great and definitely show the appreciation Revel has for it's employees.
    The product is something I can get behind and I believe the product and company as a whole are going to achieve great things, which is why I want to be a part of this team.

Cons

Since Revel is still relatively new, there are always processes and platforms that can always be adjusted and improved. Revel needs to get more organized with how they distribute information on benefits and communication as a whole. Goals and expectations need to be drawn out more clearly, but overall I know that as we progress we will become more organized and efficient.

Advice to Management

Always strive to becoming a better and more motivating leader. In every department, we are hungry to learn and succeed and your guidance will always empower us and help us excel to where you and we want to be.

8. "Senior Accountant"

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team building and great morale due to the growth of the company.

Cons

I enjoyed my time at Revel. No Cons.

"Reveling"

Current Employee - Technical Writer
    Current Employee - Technical Writer

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in the city, at a startup, with great people, on a super cool product -- and did i mention, free food. But all jokes aside -- its been a great experience, challenging at times, but the environment makes up for it.

Cons

Haven't found a reason. If I had to say, probably the overcrowded Bart rides into/out the city.

Advice to Management

Revel Up!

"Amazing company with great growth potential"

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture at Revel is fantastic and unlike any other company I've worked for. There is a lot of room for growth within the company and the leadership recognizes hard work and promotes people to positions to strengthen the team. The future vision of the company is one that is inspiring and everyone can get behind knowing that we are a part of creating something amazing for the future.

Cons

Not much here to complain about. Like I already said if you are willing to put in the hard work and time you will get so much out of this job.

Advice to Management

Keep making Revel an awesome place to come to work every day! Revelup!

"Amazing Startup In San Francisco"

Current Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Free lunch and snacks.
    - Awesome outside terrace where you can work.
    - Catered happy hour every Friday.
    - Really amazing co workers.

Cons

-If I forget to submit my order for dinner, which often happens because I am so busy then I have to go without.

Advice to Management

No advice for management at this time.