Revel Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Betts

Pros
  • Unlimited vacation, snacks, free lunch (in 26 reviews)

• Great team building and great morale due to the growth of the company (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can become a problem if you let it (in 17 reviews)

• It's long hours and to be good you have to work hard over these (in 18 reviews)

"Awesome company going to the top"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Passionate individuals taking on the big guys. Great product and tons of growth. Lots of innovation. There is a lot of autonomy and leadership potential for someone who can run with it and wants a challenge. That can be scary for some, but great for the right individuals. Founders are smart and fair.

Cons

Don't join here if you don't have a strong work ethic. There have been some complainers in the past that don't want to put in the effort / roll up the sleeves to get stuff done. Some growing pains, but this is the case with many fast growth companies.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. You've taken on a huge challenge and are conquering it.

"Company that Created the iPad POS Industry! On Track for Greatness and Much Potential Ahead:)"

Pros

Working with a ton of smart talented individuals with a lot of passion for their work! Lots of room for career growth. Opportunity to make an impact and implement change from day 1. Dynamic product in an industry Revel created!

Cons

At times you may feel the growing pains, but the company continues to learn how to implement structure as it develops

Advice to Management

Continue to value people and the company will continue to be unstoppable!

"Oriented Growth Upwards"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

I’ve been here for about 6 months and the company is awesome. It’s a very fast paced startup, so it can get a bit chaotic at times but overall I find my work challenging, hard but fun.

awesome company events, entrepreneurial environment

Cons

Cons – long hours, Pay is a little lower than industry.

"I worked at Revel Systems for less than a year and it was a great experience in a small company environment."

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small teams and a variety of responsibility (you can wear many hats). Success is easy to measure and it boosts morale when a new benchmark is achieved. Culture is taken seriously and continuously worked on and the management strives to improve that culture in the best way possible.

Cons

Long hours. Pay was not as high as others in the space (but stock was offered to offset that).

Advice to Management

Keep up the vision and the good work. Your willingness to go the extra mile always shows and helps the other employees put in that bit of extra too. Of the companies in the space, you are the one that made it thus far keep up the good work and focus on keeping the employees happy.

"Exciting Company"

Current Employee - Technical Support in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work in tech support and it's a pretty cool job with an awesome team. Manager is awesome and so much better than my last position. Really cool startup vibe. You do have to deal with some tough clients though. Love the vision of the company.

Cons

Long hours. Some angry calls.

Advice to Management

Great job with product and execution. Could communicate more often with staff.

"Company is amazing and always going to new heights!"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked for revel for over 6 months and seen it through series B financing. I've seen some bad hires be made and then reversed to the out the right people and I'm really happy with my direct manager and it's really exciting where the company is going.
    Read good things about them and bad, as if you have doubts don't work here as you will get fired for doing bad work. But if you are good Its like a rocket ship and a lot of fun.
    Fun happy hours and full of for the most part dedicated and smart people
    Lots of opportunity to move up if you want to.

Cons

Sometimes people are put into positions that are beyond their skill level
    They fire everyone that is not a fit in one month and sometimes it is sad to see your new friends get fired but always for the better.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, REVELUP!

"Great Opportunity"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The opposite of the movie "Office Space": real, hard work with great coworkers.
    Tons of opportunity for growth, I have been able to work on any project that interests me, and senior management takes my ideas seriously.
    So much food! Plus drinks, swag, and everyone gets a macbook air.

Cons

Tempers (clients and staff) sometimes run high.
    Clear growth plan for the next 1-3 years not communicated to staff.

Advice to Management

Trust your staff to do good work. If they can't be trusted, replace them with someone more professional, even if it costs more, it will be worth it.

"Stellar"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible product with unique angle on market

Unlimited opportunity for increased responsibility and growth

Management is accessible and encourages employees to innovate and create change

Cons

The company has grown faster than certain systems, so there's a lot of work to be done! But that's the reason I love being here. The opportunity to build and create what didn't previously exist.

"Operations"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely grateful for getting this position. After working in the banking industry I see what the cool factor in tech is. Unlimited PTO, work from home, stock options, catered meals and health benefits are some of the biggest perks I have experienced so far. Having a super cool manager and coworkers compound that. This is a successful and growing company that allows you to speak out and make decisions on things that are usually made on your behalf in other companies. Also located at a great downtown location. This company is growing at a fast rate with a solid outlook.

Cons

Working in operations I had first hand knowledge of the issues the company was facing, which was that the program was buggy. Within a few short months Revel hired more QA and developers which released consecutive builds within a short time that made this program clean. This group is now building upon the software to include more perks and useful material for the customer.

Working for a new company requires the employee to be really good. The resulting turnover for the sales team was high for awhile due to this. Currently there is a new Sales Manager that is bringing stability by hiring great people and coaching them appropriately which in turn is increasing revenue for the company. Keep it up!

Advice to Management

Keep the job environment fun! - Which it is - Giants game on Friday!

Revel Systems Response

Jun 11, 2014 – CTO Co Founder

We are pleased that we have so humble employees and that you like our unlimited PTO plan and options. At Revel we try to have a great environment where employees can grow and prosper. We are over ... More

"An Evolving Business"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Plenty of challenges. I very rarely have a chance to get bored as I have to switch gears quite often.
    - Fantastic coworkers as I really enjoy working with my team.
    - Good benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, catered food, etc.
    - A product I can talk about without being embarrassed or having to bend on my morals. I really like technology, I truly believe we have a good product that we are still investing in, and we are focusing hard on customer experience. I'm a huge believer in good customer service so I really feel well about our direction.
    - Training for all new hires in the product from a support standpoint. Everyone that works here must know at least the basics of the product.

Cons

- Growing pains as we progress from a start-up to a more seasoned company.
    - Some issues with management over time. There have been a couple problems here and there, but this happens as the company grows. I can say that when problems are discovered, solutions are found.
    - We are generally on the low-end to average for salaries, depending on the specific position though benefits and options help mitigate this situation.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees, customers, and the industry direction. While we have had some amazing success, this industry is rapidly evolving and we don't want to be left behind. In addition, continue to invest in our employees. We've really stepped up on the customer support experience and we need to be sure we make a similar investment in our personnel.