Revel Systems "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Revel Systems Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Sep 28, 2018

3.1
Revel Systems CEO Greg Dukat (no image)
Greg Dukat
Pros
  • "Free lunch and unlimited supply of snacks is also a nice perk(in 36 reviews)

• "Great people to work with all across the globe(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours and forced employees to work crazy hours the end of the month(in 20 reviews)

• "Maintaining a good work life balance is on you(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews

"Very content"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

- Free macbook and iphone - Free lunch and drinks - Giants games with the team - Awesome company parties - Bring your pup to work (sometimes)

Cons

- Long hours - The free lunches could be better - Elevator seems to always be broken

Revel Systems2016-12-05
  2. "Administration"

I worked at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Fast paced place to work

Cons

long hours and long commute

Revel Systems2018-09-28

"Sales Executive"

I worked at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Overall met some great people. Originally company had a cool vibe and fun in-office perks like lunch and stocked kitchen.

Cons

Long hours and forced employees to work crazy hours the end of the month. Poor distribution of leads, no true methodology and certain employees were given great opportunities while other left in the dust. Poor customer service making the sales role more of an account manager, help desk and fixing fires.

Revel Systems2018-05-02

"Hard Work, Helped me get to the next level: Highly recommend for entry level sales to cut teeth"

Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revel Systems

Pros

HUGE sales opportunities here: We received a plethora of inbound leads and started to do more outbound also before I left. It's a vibrant culture and definitely a work hard, play hard environment. The people you meet and your co-workers are amazingly talented! Most believe in growth and learning and getting stuff done to make the vision happen. The type of dynamic most folks have with their Teams is inspiring and this is the first place I've been where people are relentlessly focused on results. Working for Revel made me realize a lot about myself.

Cons

It's long hours and to be good you have to work hard over these long hours. It's a service oriented business with lots of small mom and pop dreamers trying to start a small thing. Definitely try to quantitatively differentiate yourself to move up market, as fast as possible. (or maybe that's just my preference) Current management is competent, but there were a few bad eggs. You can reach out anonymously to the founders, if need be, which I did. I halfway did not expect a response--but did that evening at 11pm!

Revel Systems2016-07-21

"Gain invaluable experience"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are good at sales, this is the company to work for. I have learned so much during my time here at revel and i have been promoted twice so far. If you are good at what you do, management is good at recognizing talent and will promote you where you can best lead the team. Unlimited vacation, free lunch and dinner are some nice perks.

Cons

- Long hours, which can sometimes include weekends and occasional late night international calls. - Long/ overly crowded commute to work if you live outside of SF.

Revel Systems2016-07-26

"A dream backed with a solid business plan"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Exciting time to work here. - Solid business plan for expansion; feels like we are taking over the world. - Just went on vacation in Spain and saw Revel in the restaurant we were eating at. - Amazing and ever evolving product.

Cons

- Long hours. - Basically have to get every single expense pre-approved by a manager. - Can’t bring significant other to events with out manager pre-approval.

Revel Systems2016-09-06

"Awesome startup!"

Former Employee - Administrative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revel Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great group of people Great product Growing rapidly Huge potential Awesome office location

Cons

Long hours as is at any startup Catered lunches could be better CEO is not very personable- doesn't even say hi when walking by

Revel Systems2016-02-19

Revel Systems Response

March 7, 2016Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback! We’re glad you are enjoying working at Revel. We do actually offer dinner to all employees who are working later, depending on your location. If you are in the SF office, and you aren’t receiving those emails, please let the office manager know! If your location doesn't offer dinner, then definitely let your HR contact know because it's a great suggestion! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

"No Work Life Balance"

Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems

Pros

Free lunch, good ppl, you can get away with anything bc HR is a joke

Cons

Salary is really low, but they still expect long hours (FORGET having a life) Unlimited PTO is not actually a reality- they just use it to lure people in Strict hours if you work in Sales CEO is very unapproachable- rude, terrible public speaker, and could care less about employees

Revel Systems2016-08-10

"Worst Place I've Ever Worked"

Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems

Pros

Good product Free snacks Catered lunch Commuter benefits

Cons

Unrealistic OTE Long hours Unpaid overtime False sense of comradery Upper Management reads through employee's personal messages Discourage new or different ideas on how to do things Little to no training High turnover Customer Service is terrible Bad communication between departments Team leads don't hit quota Management is inexperienced Organized and dysfunctional Salesforce Lead distribution is favored "Unlimited PTO" is rarely approved

Revel Systems2016-03-07

"a place that sets you up for failure"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Revel Systems for less than a year

Pros

free lunches, snacks, and drinks

Cons

bad coffee. they use those pod machines that makes weak coffee. if they want everyone to come in early and work long hours, they need to supply better strong coffee. pretty much everything all the 1 and 2 star reviewers wrote. loud, noisy and disorganized. everyone's always talking loud and over each other. if you need peace and quiet to focus on work sometimes, forget it. they actually make you feel weird if you're at your desk working and not socializing like everyone else blabbing about their love lives as most employees are young and single thus the juvenile frat-like atmosphere. the faster you work and get things done, the more work they give you without much complimenting and acknowledgement from management. expect to be assigned projects without barely any background info, directions, guidance and unreasonable deadlines as well as repercussions if you dont meet them. this place puts you in a no-win situation and sets you up for failure.

Revel Systems2015-01-06