Cover image for Revel

Revel

Is this your company?

Revel

Add a Review

Revel Employee Reviews about "business development"

Updated Jul 16, 2021

Found 2 of over 145 reviews

3.9
Revel CEO Vikas Kamran
Vikas Kamran

What people are saying about Revel

Join the conversation on

Accounting

7m

works at

Grant Thornton

Anybody feel burned out by the politics of PA? Particularly around YE/performance evaluations, local partners are so brazen about their favoritism, it makes me wonder if normal people really have a chance in this gig. Back-stabby, fake and usurious co-workers revel in their job satisfaction, while the exodus of talented, good-natured people deepens.EY PwC KPMG Deloitte Grant Thornton RSM BDO

16 Comments

Consulting

441.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Revel~341936
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Revel? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Revel employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people.(in 12 reviews)
  • "good benefits with the exception of lack of paid vacation(in 9 reviews)
  • "Entrepreneurial culture focused on being at the forefront of industry trends and innovation(in 9 reviews)
  • "great for consultants that just want to do a good job & have decent pay.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Awesome leadership!(in 7 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Revel and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "business development"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Revel's PURE consulting allows me to focus what matters: solving clients problems and developing my own person brand.

Mar 11, 2013 - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Because of the transformational work Revel consistently lands, I get to work on some of the most exciting problems facing Fortune 500 companies, which ultimately gives me the sense of purpose and accomplishment that I look for in every aspect of my life. Revel's many personal and professional development programs also ensure that I'm equiped with the valuable skills necessary to not only help solve the aforementioned problems, but also differentiate myself in a increasingly competitive pool of talented business professionals. Finally, Revel's PURE Consulting model gives me the sense of autonomy and work/life balance necessary for me to focus on deliving value to my client and leverage the entrepreneurial mindset that brought me into consulting in the first place.

Cons

The double-edged sword of the PURE Consulting model allows me to sometime overextend myself and take on too much non-core work. Because it's a smaller consultancy, Revel doesn't always have prebuilt IP for me to use (however, the roster of experienced consultants that I have to leverage makes it easy to co-create what I need)

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee

Not really a consulting company.

May 9, 2013 - Senior Consultant in Redmond, WA
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Revel puts a lot of effort into building a nice image. Vikas has his heart in the right place and wants to do the right thing for everyone.

Cons

Limited ability to execute using any repeatable framework. Since the time Vikas bought out his partner, Revel has looked for every way possible to cut the cost of its services. Consultants being brought in are smart but not seasoned professionals, and don't command a higher salary. Internal staff are not industry professionals (HR recruiters with only department store experience). The overall quality of the Revel experience is just not there anymore and this company can no longer justify the high margins it takes from consultant pay without delivering on fundamental services such as business development, lead generation and practice management. Given the current pressures, remodeling the expensive Kirkland real estate sets a bad tone. Seasoned professionals are avoiding Revel in favor of more forward thinking firms.

Continue reading