Revention Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Jeff Doyle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Modern work environment, complimentary arcade and masseuse for personal use on the daily (in 12 reviews)

• The environment is fast paced, but required lunches and breaks help you to refresh and come back with a clear head (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • 45 hour work week and clocking in, but it does maintain stability and integrity (in 6 reviews)

• I would love to know more about whats going on behind the scenes (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company, still growing"

I have been working at Revention full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Almost 2 years at Revention, they are very focused on growing and are only interested in working with the best employees they can find. To be successful here, you have to want to work hard and learn fast. It's made me better at what I do.

Cons

Changes come quick and often, I think we would be better served to let the changes that are made take effect and are given a chance to be a success. This isn't the case all of the time, but it does happen.

Advice to Management

When deciding to make a change, stick with it, folks will get used to it and better at it, please give it a chance!

"Revention; the place you want to work at!"

I have been working at Revention full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I hesitated with joining on at first because of the distance I would have to travel. I have three kids and a wife; the drive from where I live is far. Ninety-two miles of driving every day to be exact. From the superior products we sell, the team atmosphere all the way to the awesome customers I get to help each day. It truly makes the whole experience worth it.

Cons

The only downside would be that traffic sucks in Houston. Where are the flying cars? We need flying cars so I can spend less time driving.

Advice to Management

Keep making the workplace fun, competitive and challenging.

"Challenging and Rewarding!"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Houston, TX

I have been working at Revention full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been Revention for 6 months. I really enjoy the management team and the coaching I receive on a daily basis. The product is superior and I look forward to learning more every day. The environment is fast paced, but required lunches and breaks help you to refresh and come back with a clear head. Coffee, snacks, Sonic ice, and water are always available. Sometimes breakfast or lunch is provided as an extra peak. I look forward to growing with this company. Great benefits, decent pay, onsite massage therapist, arcade room.

Cons

Business must be good based on the new faces being hired and the new customers I work with daily in the service department. I would love to know more about where the company is going and future opportunity.

Advice to Management

Great job! I would like an opportunity to learn about other departments. Maybe offer a Q & A with other department managers on a quarterly basis.

"Technical Customer Service"

Current Employee - Technical Customer Service in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Customer Service in Houston, TX

I have been working at Revention full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is great, I love working with the people around me. Everyone is very friendly and easy to get along with. The arcade machines are a fantastic way to blow off steam. In addition to that, the complimentary massages are a must. There are plenty of opportunities for growth within the company. So glad that I found this company.

Cons

None that are worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

We could use some more competition in the Arcade room. Maybe some fighting games like Mortal Kombat/Tekken/Street Fighter? Some more lunch catering for the support room would be great as well.

"Just another Victim"

Former Employee - Tier I in South Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Tier I in South Houston, TX

I worked at Revention full-time

Pros

No pros here either than the PROfessional liars you work for.

Cons

No cons here other than working for CONvicts.

Advice to Management

70% of your staff is new, and you have no training class for the new people in your 13 year company, and you wonder why all of your customers are upset? My advice to you is bring an icepack when your company burns to the ground in a few years/months.

"Great Company Great Management"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Revention full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work for. Not only is the environment a pleasant one, but my co-workers are the amazing and one of the best qualities of Revention. My Kevin is particular is one of the reasons I am here. I have never worked for a more thoughtful person. You can tell he cares. In the past I have worked with manager that purely came to work for the paycheck then go home without a care in the world, but not Kevin. It has been a pleasure to work with him in my 3 years here at Revention. When you have an issue, he will do his best to point you in the right direction towards a solution. He wants to help you grow. What I've noticed is that with Kevin, we all grow together. He is the glue that hold us together.

Cons

Wish we had more employee perks.

Advice to Management

Lets continue to work together to further grow this company.

"Enjoy the Enviroment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Revention full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is the right size for what you look for within employment as far as environment, hours and benefits are concerned. The most impressive part of working here are the supervisors and managers that my department report to, Operations. I've been here for almost 3 years and am certainly looking for many more in the future.

Cons

Traffic, but that is all of Houston.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!!!!

"Can't Believe I Found This Company!"

Current Employee - Installer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Installer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Revention full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolute Best Place To Work EVER!
    Arcade Room! Free Massages!!
    Casual Dress code...Revention Polo Shirt and Jeans and any kind of shoes you want to wear.

The best part about my job...My Boss, The Installations Mgr. Coolest dude to work with. I say "work with" because I don't feel like I am working for him. Help ME Help YOU is the motto here!

Lots of Travel. Meeting amazing people every week.
    When I walk in the door at work, people greet me and say Hey Man where have you been! It's like walking into the bar on Cheers! (I just dated myself, I know.)
    Work Hard, Play Hard over here. You need a stellar work ethic here at Revention!
    Catered free lunches and drinks and I get a pay check!!!!!
    I love working with these people at Revention, very fun people, tons of laughs.
    Offsite work parties are a blast!
    Love the Travel.
    Free Hot Chocolate and the Food Network is on TV all the TIME! AWESOME!
    I love learning new dishes to cook at home.

Cons

Can't take home one of the crazy cool company vans.
    Can't park right up next to the office. LOL
    Can't think of any, I have to fill up the 20 word minimum.

Advice to Management

You Guys Rock! It is truly a pleasure to come to work...when I'm in town of course.

9. "Anonymous Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Houston, TX

I have been working at Revention full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, including the accumulation of PTO and Medical. Modern work environment, complimentary arcade and masseuse for personal use on the daily.
    Located in a gated and private business complex, with music blasting through the halls at any given moment. Vending machines are stocked around your personal likes and dislikes as well. Depending on your job, there is a challenging ladder upward and onward, with an amazing management team as well. Hours are a controlled 40 hours, given a few departmental exceptions. Executive staff wants nothing but creativity, accompanied by happiness and success!

Cons

As common as people will say this at any job, whether former or current employee,but a lot the people here are just chatty. You know the type, better than everyone but can't keep their perfection away from the drama. It isn't an aggressive bullying tactic or anything related to that, and hey if peering in on other's conversations is your thing... then we are the place for you! If you don't mind people gossiping about both work and non work related things, then we are the place for you! If you cannot deal with people with 'two faces', or just really don't like people sneaking around and listening in purely because of their own personal boredom... You might want to look a different direction. Oh, and it is also a little chilly in the office (Not a joke about people being cold, I promise), so bring a sweater!

Advice to Management

You are a wonderfully driven team, don't keep that nose TOO high. Everyone is different and as a higher paid executive I would like you all to realize that and acknowledge this. You can try to make a team of people that all match the same criteria, but chemically this just will not always work. Keep evolving, it is the way of the world! With how anal we are about everything else, the progression of our technology as well as our company is in the fine (Often overlooked) details. Also, paint the long hallways, they stand out TOO much.

10. "Customer service technician"

I have been working at Revention full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment.
    Great management team.
    Good health plan/ insurance.
    Massage therapist
    Casual attire (Jeans & Revention Polo)
    Kevin S.
    Laura G.
    Quarterly events
    Vibrant interior

Cons

Nothing I just wish more people could see the true value to our company and how much hard work everyone puts in to make this a great place. Revention isn't just a company it's a way of life . "Revention I'll never leave you."

Advice to Management

I enjoy my job working in customer support. I can honestly say it's had it's up and down but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We have a great operation manager in place Kevin S. who genuinely cares about his employees and the overall operations team. I've worked for revention for almost 2 years and I'm happy that I found Revention. Awesome colleagues, great events just a overall great company. Let's Go Revention !!!!