Revenue River Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 13, 2017

5.0
Eric Pratt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best decision I ever made."

Current Employee - Creative Director in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Creative Director in Golden, CO

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's hard to know where to begin in regards to pros as there are so many, but I'll start with the employees. You won't find a more energetic, talented and kind group of people who love working with each other. We are a family. There are no clicks or water cooler talk, but rather genuine colleagues who work hard and are always willing to help each other.

To top it off, we have some really great leadership, who give us what we need to succeed, both as a professional, but also personally. I don't know how many can say that they truly look up to their boss, but Eric walks the walk and he is in the trenches with the rest of us, and works twice as hard.

I also love the no bs, full transparency attitude, that gives us visibility into how our work affects the bottom line. We strive every day to improve, learn new technologies, and stay ahead of the curve. It's a refreshing change of pace from the often mundane existence of corporate life. Not to mention we have our pack of pups cruising the floor for missed crumbs, and unattended belly rubs. It's been an incredible journey, and I am so lucky to be part of it all.

Cons

It can be tough if you have a job that you work a lot of hours with, but I actually love my work, and love my job. That said, we are not just a 9-5 production company. It's not uncommon for us to work off hours here and there, to make sure we get the client what they need, to have an early morning meeting, or to jump on a call late if a project is at a key point. We are not afraid to go the extra mile.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I know it isn't easy to deal with the fast growth, but we are all there to support each other, and in the end, it's our great culture, continuous improvement and amazing group of people that make Rev the one in a million place to work, and you all help make it happen.

"How'd we all get so lucky?"

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time

Pros

I've never worked at a place where I actually loved my coworkers so much I choose to hang out with them outside of work hours too. We have hands down the best culture and the best leader I could ever ask for. It makes it a lot of fun to come to work every day when you're excited about what you're doing and so is everyone else. We work really hard, but we have a lot of fun doing it, and I couldn't ask for more than that in a career. Everything is always fair at Revenue River, we do business the right way, and there are tons of opportunity for people to advance as much as they want in their career here. I feel like I'm learning and being challenged every day while solving for clients and I can't wait to see what comes next!

Cons

When we have a Friday without Mimosas, I'm not sure that I can really consider it a Friday. Other than that, there aren't a lot of cons I can think of at Revenue River honestly. We are expected to work really hard, and as an agency, you can expect some stressful times, but with a team to back you up 100% it's nothing you can't overcome. We're growing really fast, so you just have to roll with the punches and get results for clients, even if that means working some extra hours to get it done sometimes.

Advice to Management

Don't ever change or compromise. Your vision and attitude is what has gotten us this far, and the culture you've built is why we all love this place so much.

3. "It's exciting to be along for the ride!"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is very refreshing working at Revenue River. Eric not only strives to keep us at the forefront of the industry, but also invests so much in his employees to ensure that we are constantly growing. We are challenged to be our best selves and held to high standards.
    We work as a team and treat each other like family.

Cons

When a company is growing as Revenue River is, there are bound to be growing pains and a stressful day here and there. But our leadership team is always looking out for us and adjusting processes when needed to keep us moving forward.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to make us the best (both professionally and personally).

4. "A culture, leader, and company vision I can finally get behind"

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture and leadership team that exists at Revenue River is hands-down, without a doubt the best I have ever experienced. It’s really refreshing to be a part of an organization that chooses to business the right way – both for its clients as well as its own people. In addition to being provided the tools, resources, and support needed to do our day-to-day jobs, we’re also given an exorbitant amount of personal and professional growth opportunities, trust, and flexibility. Revenue River is definitely a home away from home for me, and I feel extremely fortunate to work where I do.

Cons

We’re growing fast, and with that comes the need to work longer hours on occasion. Nothing to be concerned about – we work hard and we have fun doing it.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people and the culture you've worked to hard to build

5. "A Work Hard, Play Hard Team Atmosphere"

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is so nice to work for a company in which everybody works super hard to accomplish amazing results for both our company and our clients. There is such talent at every level of this organization, that I never doubt our ability to deliver and excel. I feel good knowing that I work for an agency that truly cares about it's employees and is working hard to be the best in the business. Revenue River feels like a family environment in which you can be yourself and also let you particular skills shine. It helps that we laugh and have fun while working too! Awesome co-workers make for a better work life for sure!

Cons

With fast growth and the desire to kick butt for all of our clients comes the need to work some longer hours occasionally and the stress that accompanies that. However, a beer and a game of ping pong in the basement makes it all better.

Advice to Management

Continue to fight for the company culture that you have worked so hard to build.

"Great culture created by a driven team constantly being supported by the agency"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Denver, CO

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The opportunity to make a real difference, both for clients and within the agency is immense. Nowhere else have I seen the amount of trust and responsibility shared with all levels of employees in a way that unleashes talent. That trust extends to flexible work hours, work from home days, and unlimited vacation for all employees. The responsibility goes beyond normal day to day activities and into building out new opportunities for employees, departments, and the agency as a whole.

The agency's leadership focuses on both professional and personal development for all employees through Franklin-Covey curriculum like the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People while holding everyone accountable for contributing to specific company goals that are established every year with help from all team members.

Because of everything listed above, the company culture established is like that of a family. Many people spend time outside of the office with each other and find ways to impact the personal lives of those they work with.

Cons

As the agency grows, there is more pressure for every member of the agency to contribute toward larger and longer term goals. This means there's a constant push for people to always improve within their current roles, always look for ways to improve the agency's services, and overall always grow as professionals. While viewed as a positive by many within the Revenue River team, the pressure and mindset can be a turn-off for some.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the personal and professional development of all employees, work harder than ever to maintain the culture, and find & maintain the employee mindset of company growth that have helped the agency grow to what it is today.

7. "A Culture and Work Environment You Can't Find Anywhere Else"

Current Employee - Marketing Strategist in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing Strategist in Golden, CO

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working with Revenue River for close to 3 years now, and it's hard to explain the balance you experience with a hard working crew, all while making lasting friendships with the people you work with. We work hard, and we play hard, and how we achieve everything in between is due to the leadership and personality driven environment that's built in our office. We are transparent from the top down, we are problem solvers, and we laugh every moment we can. If you don't enjoy drinking a beer while openly solving for your clients, Revenue River may not be for you. It may sound cliche to say we have built a loving family of hard working people from all walks of life, but it would also be a discredit to the culture Eric and ourselves have built on a daily basis at this office to not mention it.

We think outside the box, we are disruptive, and we love it. And twice a week, you can show your work prowess from the comfort of your own home. We are a small family, that always put our priorities and actual families first, all with the help of the person sitting next to you. Rigidity is not a word written on the walls of our Golden, CO headquarters, which if you ask any single one of us that works here, is the way we want it to be. If you don't believe me, you can ask one of the several dogs that travel with us to work every single day...an office that doubles as a doggy daycare can only be as happy as the furry friends that coexist with our company.

Cons

Sometimes we run out of beer, or the dogs are a little more "talkative" than you'd like, but that's what noise cancelling headphones are for.

Advice to Management

See the forest through the trees, and keep scheming up the big ideas that have gotten this company where it is now, and where it will go tomorrow.