Revenue River Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

5.0
Eric Pratt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The Best Possible Place to Start My Career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

I worked at Revenue River Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Revenue River is made up of a collection of incredibly hard-working, dedicated, and intelligent people. They create award-winning strategies for clients of all shapes and sizes and is one of the best marketing agencies in Denver. My co-workers were (and still are) my friends, and I've been able to learn some incredible things in the few years that I spent there. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for an opportunity in digital marketing, paid media, SEO, graphic design, and other similar roles.

Cons

We set a lot of aggressive deadlines, and while we want to hit all of those deadlines for clients, it can sometimes feel like we're pushing ourselves too hard. Lastly, dogs are a wonderful addition to office life, but they can be very distracting at times.

2. "A Great Place To Grow Professionally and Personally"

Former Employee - Content and Promotion Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Content and Promotion Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Revenue River Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I originally started working at Revenue River because I wanted to grow my expertise in marketing, and I can wholeheartedly say I've learned a lot more than marketing here.
    The employees at Rev truly care about each others success, and they take time to teach you when you need help. Moreover, they encourage you to share your own expertise. You have the pleasure of working and learning from other departments (SEO, Design, etc) to learn best practices for various kinds of projects which you can apply in the future.
    The managing partner invests in your own well being as well. He hosts mentoring classes annually which are focused on improving our accountability, proactiveness, and overall mindset.
    The team is kind, smart, and always looking for ways to better themselves. It's a rare and incredible bunch of people and I feel lucky to have crossed paths with them!

Cons

There is a lot of work, but if you manage your time properly it's not so bad compared to other agencies.

3. "Solving for clients that care!"

Current Employee - Paid Media Strategist in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Paid Media Strategist in Golden, CO

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What makes this place great to work:
    - A lot of talented folks
    - Culture (ability to add value and people listening to you from day one, no matter if you been here for 5 years or 5 days)
    - Flexibility: deadlines and official work hours exist, but you are managing your time and schedule. People know how to work and play here, not just work

Cons

Growth and winning awards comes with a price. It's not all rainbows and unicorns, sometimes it is overwhelming but you decide how to manage your time. So not really a cons, but reality of agency fast paced environment.

Advice to Management

It feels more like a partnership here vs employee and managers. Keep it this way, I know It's hard, but that is what makes this place great!

4. "Burgeoning Company Where You Can Grow Your Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This environment facilitates career, professional, and personal growth. Everyone is given a lot of responsibility and it's up to you to step up to the plate to take full advantage of these opportunities. You learn quickly, develop strong communication skills, and work in a no BS environment.

The Revenue River family wants you to succeed in everything you do, both inside and outside the workplace, and we are given the tools and flexibility to do so.

Cons

In any job you have your highs and lows. Revenue River is a place where you can be going through a slump, only to get lifted up by those around you, and vice versa. It's also a very dog-friendly office, so if you need peace and quiet to focus and get work done, you may need to seek out one of the quiet rooms set aside for that purpose.

Advice to Management

Fast-growing companies can quickly change with new people, policies, and a shifting culture. Keep to the roots of where we started, yet continue planning for the future. One of the most impressive things that management has displayed to me is the ability to accept and embrace change and innovations. Keep on the forefront of new technology and don't sacrifice culture for a short-term gain.

Revenue River Marketing Response

Mar 13, 2018 – Managing Partner

Since executing on the cutting edge is what we do, change is easy :)

5. "Best decision I ever made."

Current Employee - Creative Director in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Creative Director in Golden, CO

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's hard to know where to begin in regards to pros as there are so many, but I'll start with the employees. You won't find a more energetic, talented and kind group of people who love working with each other. We are a family. There are no clicks or water cooler talk, but rather genuine colleagues who work hard and are always willing to help each other.

To top it off, we have some really great leadership, who give us what we need to succeed, both as a professional, but also personally. I don't know how many can say that they truly look up to their boss, but Eric walks the walk and he is in the trenches with the rest of us, and works twice as hard.

I also love the no bs, full transparency attitude, that gives us visibility into how our work affects the bottom line. We strive every day to improve, learn new technologies, and stay ahead of the curve. It's a refreshing change of pace from the often mundane existence of corporate life. Not to mention we have our pack of pups cruising the floor for missed crumbs, and unattended belly rubs. It's been an incredible journey, and I am so lucky to be part of it all.

Cons

It can be tough if you have a job that you work a lot of hours with, but I actually love my work, and love my job. That said, we are not just a 9-5 production company. It's not uncommon for us to work off hours here and there, to make sure we get the client what they need, to have an early morning meeting, or to jump on a call late if a project is at a key point. We are not afraid to go the extra mile.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I know it isn't easy to deal with the fast growth, but we are all there to support each other, and in the end, it's our great culture, continuous improvement and amazing group of people that make Rev the one in a million place to work, and you all help make it happen.

"How'd we all get so lucky?"

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time

Pros

I've never worked at a place where I actually loved my coworkers so much I choose to hang out with them outside of work hours too. We have hands down the best culture and the best leader I could ever ask for. It makes it a lot of fun to come to work every day when you're excited about what you're doing and so is everyone else. We work really hard, but we have a lot of fun doing it, and I couldn't ask for more than that in a career. Everything is always fair at Revenue River, we do business the right way, and there are tons of opportunity for people to advance as much as they want in their career here. I feel like I'm learning and being challenged every day while solving for clients and I can't wait to see what comes next!

Cons

When we have a Friday without Mimosas, I'm not sure that I can really consider it a Friday. Other than that, there aren't a lot of cons I can think of at Revenue River honestly. We are expected to work really hard, and as an agency, you can expect some stressful times, but with a team to back you up 100% it's nothing you can't overcome. We're growing really fast, so you just have to roll with the punches and get results for clients, even if that means working some extra hours to get it done sometimes.

Advice to Management

Don't ever change or compromise. Your vision and attitude is what has gotten us this far, and the culture you've built is why we all love this place so much.

Revenue River Marketing Response

Mar 13, 2018 – Managing Partner

We'll always embrace change, but we'll never compromise. Thanks for the kind words, support, and contribution to our culture.

7. "It's exciting to be along for the ride!"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is very refreshing working at Revenue River. Eric not only strives to keep us at the forefront of the industry, but also invests so much in his employees to ensure that we are constantly growing. We are challenged to be our best selves and held to high standards.
    We work as a team and treat each other like family.

Cons

When a company is growing as Revenue River is, there are bound to be growing pains and a stressful day here and there. But our leadership team is always looking out for us and adjusting processes when needed to keep us moving forward.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to make us the best (both professionally and personally).

8. "A culture, leader, and company vision I can finally get behind"

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture and leadership team that exists at Revenue River is hands-down, without a doubt the best I have ever experienced. It’s really refreshing to be a part of an organization that chooses to business the right way – both for its clients as well as its own people. In addition to being provided the tools, resources, and support needed to do our day-to-day jobs, we’re also given an exorbitant amount of personal and professional growth opportunities, trust, and flexibility. Revenue River is definitely a home away from home for me, and I feel extremely fortunate to work where I do.

Cons

We’re growing fast, and with that comes the need to work longer hours on occasion. Nothing to be concerned about – we work hard and we have fun doing it.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people and the culture you've worked to hard to build

9. "A Work Hard, Play Hard Team Atmosphere"

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is so nice to work for a company in which everybody works super hard to accomplish amazing results for both our company and our clients. There is such talent at every level of this organization, that I never doubt our ability to deliver and excel. I feel good knowing that I work for an agency that truly cares about it's employees and is working hard to be the best in the business. Revenue River feels like a family environment in which you can be yourself and also let you particular skills shine. It helps that we laugh and have fun while working too! Awesome co-workers make for a better work life for sure!

Cons

With fast growth and the desire to kick butt for all of our clients comes the need to work some longer hours occasionally and the stress that accompanies that. However, a beer and a game of ping pong in the basement makes it all better.

Advice to Management

Continue to fight for the company culture that you have worked so hard to build.

"Great culture created by a driven team constantly being supported by the agency"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Denver, CO

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The opportunity to make a real difference, both for clients and within the agency is immense. Nowhere else have I seen the amount of trust and responsibility shared with all levels of employees in a way that unleashes talent. That trust extends to flexible work hours, work from home days, and unlimited vacation for all employees. The responsibility goes beyond normal day to day activities and into building out new opportunities for employees, departments, and the agency as a whole.

The agency's leadership focuses on both professional and personal development for all employees through Franklin-Covey curriculum like the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People while holding everyone accountable for contributing to specific company goals that are established every year with help from all team members.

Because of everything listed above, the company culture established is like that of a family. Many people spend time outside of the office with each other and find ways to impact the personal lives of those they work with.

Cons

As the agency grows, there is more pressure for every member of the agency to contribute toward larger and longer term goals. This means there's a constant push for people to always improve within their current roles, always look for ways to improve the agency's services, and overall always grow as professionals. While viewed as a positive by many within the Revenue River team, the pressure and mindset can be a turn-off for some.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the personal and professional development of all employees, work harder than ever to maintain the culture, and find & maintain the employee mindset of company growth that have helped the agency grow to what it is today.