Revenue River Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

5.0
Eric Pratt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A Place to Grow, Work Hard and Have Fun"

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time

Pros

Without a doubt, deciding to accept a position at Revenue River was one of the best I've made. Sure, we have a fully stocked fridge, endless coffee, beer/wine, and a dog friendly office. We also get to work remote every Tuesday and Thursday on top of the unlimited vacation policy. All of these things are absolutely wonderful, but it all works because of the people who work here.

The people at Revenue River work hard, strive to deliver for clients, and are always looking to innovate. We don't just keep doing things because that's the way it's always been done. Rather, we continue to look for ways to improve and provide opportunities for anyone who is interested to learn and grow. We not only work well as a team but have fun outside of work during one of the monthly activities or just on our own. We have a lot of laughs together.

I appreciate so much about Rev Riv, like the transparency and autonomy given to employees. It's so refreshing to be treated with respect and dignity. Management truly supports employees and goes above and beyond in times of need because it's the right thing to do (thank you!). The trust they've built here is so hard to find. There's no micromanaging when it comes to daily work/projects or guilt tripping for time off needed. I'm just so glad I ended up here. I'm actually excited to go to work everyday knowing that I have a team full of people who work as hard as I do, are very supportive, and are just great to be around.

Cons

No red flags for me.

If you can't adapt or don't like change, this might not be the right place for you. We also work off hours here and there and are going through the usual growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The culture, people, and work here are amazing.

2. "Revenue River Employee Review"

Current Employee - Multimedia Strategist in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Multimedia Strategist in Golden, CO

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Yes, the monthly social events, a fully stocked fridge, standing desks, and people are great, but these are results of an intentional system. We have core values, personal and professional training and clear expectations of responsibility that help create an energetic, respectful and innovative atmosphere.

Cons

If you don't like change, this will be a hard environment to get used to - change and new plans happen on a small client scale and large agency scale fairly often. If you're allergic to dogs, don't come inside. No matter what your role, you will always have some type of management and effective communication role and expectation. That's part of life in an agency but could be a negative for those who don't want any management responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Keep on providing opportunities for growth within roles and being open in communication. It's encouraging and inclusive.

3. "Content Strategist"

Current Employee - Content Strategist in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Content Strategist in Golden, CO

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Revenue River is an outstanding place to work. The employees here act more like family than coworkers. Management leads from the front and values the input of every single employee. The company invests in each employees health, personal development, and general well-being. Other perks: unlimited vacation, work remote Tuesdays and Thursday, a stocked fridge, and a plethora of dogs to play with.

Cons

As an agency, the work is demanding. Plus small company growing pains, but this also allows for a lot of say in the development of the company.

Advice to Management

No advice at the moment

4. "I've Found My Home"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Revenue River's culture is one of collaboration, ongoing learning, problem-solving, and transparency. Within that there’s a lot of diversity both in skill and personality, creating a dynamic, lively culture.

I was lucky enough to join during a period of growth. Shortly after I joined, Revenue River landed on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies. Where most orgs would feel growing pains, Revenue River has only gotten better as it's grown.

There is a great amount of trust and accountability among the team. Challenges are welcomed and embraced by our agile, technology-hungry contributors.

Ultimately, I came to Revenue River after working at a couple different agencies because I wanted to see how a top agency works. I've found the people, processes, and technologies used by Revenue River to be the best I've seen, to the benefit of both clients and internal team members. It's clear from the inside why Revenue River is winning.

Cons

Revenue River is in Denver, instead of on the far superior East Coast.

5. "Crushing it for clients and personal growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked in large agencies, small 'mom-n-pop' shops, corporate environments, and for small/medium sized businesses, and have never experienced this much camaraderie among coworkers, executive teams, and clients. The level of execution is off the chart and the investment into each employee's professional and personal growth is unlike anything I've been exposed to.

Of course, we work our tales off, but feeling motivated and content with all the hard work is a rare find. The culture is key! We all truly care about each other's lives and each other's work. There are NO egos and everyone offers help when and where it's needed with a "watch the Compass, not the Clock" approach.

Most definitely the best career decision I've made thus far!

Cons

Moving at break-neck speeds sometimes gives you heartburn. It's part of the business in today's Digital Environment. We stay on the "Bleeding Edge" of technology for our clients, to offer the best/latest solutions to them - and this might backfire on occasion. If/when that happens, we just own it, dust ourselves off, and swing for the fences on the next pitch.

Advice to Management

Let NOTHING change our culture! I know they know that, but that's the only advice I can offer. This company is a Unicorn and its culture is the lifeblood.

6. "Campaign Coordinator"

Current Employee - Campaign Coordinator in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Campaign Coordinator in Golden, CO

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has a corporate mentality when it comes to training, a start-up mentality when it comes to the environment and atmosphere and is a second place to call home, thanks to the carefully orchestrated hires, the happy faces of the in-office dogs, and the work hard, play hard mentality.

Cons

Sometimes you want to stay at work too long.

Advice to Management

This management team deserves a 10 out of 10 for professionalism, coaching, career advancement, motivation, team delegation, culture and so much more!

7. "No agency doldrums here - just awesome people and engaging opportunities"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Transparent, no-BS management. You always know where you stand, where you are doing well, and where you can improve.
    - Opportunities for growth are endless. If you see an opportunity to improve the company with new roles or responsibilities, you can pursue them.
    - Consistent growth and smart management. There's no ebb and flow of hiring/firing when a client signs or leaves, so people can work well without fearing layoffs every day like other agencies.
    - Incredible investment in individual growth. Team training gives people the tools and knowledge needed to work better as a team and improve their own personal development.
    - Culture of openness and unity. While you get the open office, dog-friendly, beer-pouring perks common to the industry, Eric Pratt and the Revenue River team have maintained the same company culture of family and fun through the years.

Cons

- If you don't like change, you won't like Revenue River. Roles and departments evolve as opportunities are uncovered. If you want to grow too, that's music to your ears. If you want to stay in your lane year after year, then it may be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Eric and the executive team have always been open and honest about the company, why they do what they do, and when they don't have answers. Continue this as the company grows and you'll continue to earn trust and buy-in from the team.

8. "The Best Possible Place to Start My Career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

I worked at Revenue River Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Revenue River is made up of a collection of incredibly hard-working, dedicated, and intelligent people. They create award-winning strategies for clients of all shapes and sizes and is one of the best marketing agencies in Denver. My co-workers were (and still are) my friends, and I've been able to learn some incredible things in the few years that I spent there. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for an opportunity in digital marketing, paid media, SEO, graphic design, and other similar roles.

Cons

We set a lot of aggressive deadlines, and while we want to hit all of those deadlines for clients, it can sometimes feel like we're pushing ourselves too hard. Lastly, dogs are a wonderful addition to office life, but they can be very distracting at times.

9. "A Great Place To Grow Professionally and Personally"

Former Employee - Content and Promotion Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Content and Promotion Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Revenue River Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I originally started working at Revenue River because I wanted to grow my expertise in marketing, and I can wholeheartedly say I've learned a lot more than marketing here.
    The employees at Rev truly care about each others success, and they take time to teach you when you need help. Moreover, they encourage you to share your own expertise. You have the pleasure of working and learning from other departments (SEO, Design, etc) to learn best practices for various kinds of projects which you can apply in the future.
    The managing partner invests in your own well being as well. He hosts mentoring classes annually which are focused on improving our accountability, proactiveness, and overall mindset.
    The team is kind, smart, and always looking for ways to better themselves. It's a rare and incredible bunch of people and I feel lucky to have crossed paths with them!

Cons

There is a lot of work, but if you manage your time properly it's not so bad compared to other agencies.

10. "Solving for clients that care!"

Current Employee - Paid Media Strategist in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Paid Media Strategist in Golden, CO

I have been working at Revenue River Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What makes this place great to work:
    - A lot of talented folks
    - Culture (ability to add value and people listening to you from day one, no matter if you been here for 5 years or 5 days)
    - Flexibility: deadlines and official work hours exist, but you are managing your time and schedule. People know how to work and play here, not just work

Cons

Growth and winning awards comes with a price. It's not all rainbows and unicorns, sometimes it is overwhelming but you decide how to manage your time. So not really a cons, but reality of agency fast paced environment.

Advice to Management

It feels more like a partnership here vs employee and managers. Keep it this way, I know It's hard, but that is what makes this place great!