KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Revenue River Marketing Reviews

Updated Oct 22, 2021

Found 57 of over 57 reviews

3.6
Revenue River Marketing Managing Partner Eric Pratt (no image)
Eric Pratt

251 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Setting the Record Straight!

Oct 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

As an employee who has worked at Revenue a River for several years, I feel the need to set the record straight on a few things. First, this is a great place to work for the right type of person. What I mean by the right type of person is someone who values hard work, likes to think outside the box, likes to solve problems, values honesty and integrity, and looks at challenges as opportunities. Revenue River has worked really hard to maintain an awesome culture even through a pandemic that forced office closures and required them to find new ways to stay connected. There have been many changes over the years but one thing has remained constant, the desire to continually get better. The management team has always valued feedback and implements changes using that feedback. One example is the additional trainings being offered to employees to ensure they are set up for success in their roles. Another example is the addition of a matching retirement plan. Yet another example is the changes that were made to the PTO policy. All of these were put into place this year based on feedback from current and former employees. Second, Glassdoor reviews are only as valuable as the integrity of the individual who is writing them. I have seen many negative reviews on this site from former employees or supposed “current employees” that are flat out dishonest. Based on the information provided in the reviews you can tell they are from employees who were fired. I also want to be very clear that to get fired from this Agency you have to have really earned it . The management works very hard to come along side employees who are struggling and help them succeed. Providing coaching and guidance far beyond any where else I have worked. If you respond to the coaching and improve you are better for it. Lastly, I would like to stick up for the CEO, who has been unfairly attacked in some of the dishonest reviews from former employees. Shocking that someone who gets fired doesn’t like the company or person who fired them even if the firing was completely justified. The CEO is a passionate leader who values his employees. He leads by example holding himself and his employees to high standards. He is the first one in the office and the last one to leave almost everyday. He is direct and does not sugar coat things but he is honest and truly does care about his employees. I have witnessed him go above and beyond to help out employees who are having personal issues or medical issues, even when those issues are impacting their performance. Offering help and extending grace when others in his position would not. He tries to catch people doing good and publicly recognizes the achievements of his employees on a regular basis.

Cons

There have been a lot of changes this year. While change can be hard at times it is inevitable in this business. Agency life isn’t for everyone but it is exciting for the right people.

2. 5.0

Positive Agency Culture!

Sep 30, 2021 - Growth Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome and talented co-workers at every department. Agency is dog-friendly, provides snacks, beverages, and good times to be had. Positive attitudes all-around. Opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Provides high-quality tools, training, and many other helpful resources so that you are set up for success. Great onboarding experience. You get productive time with the CEO on a weekly basis during this process. The leadership team engages with all their employees, not just among themselves. The key is to communicate at this agency, don't be afraid to reach out to anyone in leadership (or fellow co-workers)!

Cons

There's always room for improvement, as it only allows for more growth. Not much of a "con", but Revenue River is only going to continue growing. Be ready to adapt and ask questions to help you navigate onwards and upwards.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing leadership that is really going places!

Sep 17, 2021 - Revenue Technologist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at a successful, rapidly growing agency like Revenue River requires some uncomfortable changes to your lifestyle, that if you are willing to accept will make you a better person. Revenue River lives and breaths the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. The onboarding process is well-designed and always being improved upon to help you adopt the 7 habits and grow as an individual. I've never worked at a company that truly had a work culture successfully implemented. After working here only 6 months, I feel like some of these lifestyle changes have helped enable me to be more successful anywhere I go. Some of the most important highlights: - Calendaring for success, schedule the big rocks - Transparency - thinking win / win - say do mentality - setting goals and achieving them

Cons

We are on the cutting edge of technology, so don't expect to be comfortable in your job role. No matter what the position is here processes and technology are always changing to improve!

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0

Welcoming Atmosphere, Genuine Care For Employees

Sep 21, 2021 - Paid Media Strategist in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Professional/Personal Development Coaching - Career Growth Opportunities - Clear, genuine care for the employees - Lots of support with client management - Fun office environment

Cons

- Nothing is sacred, so the internal processes do update often but I would not consider this a con. There is a lot of opportunity to have your voice heard if you feel there is a better way to accomplish a goal.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

look elsewhere

Oct 7, 2021 - Growth Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have lots of great awards and deliver great Hubspot solutions.

Cons

My wife read the reviews of this place and warned me not to take the job. The first major red flag was when the CEO was taking a bottle of alcohol into his office at 2 PM *and lots of day drinking besides that). They also don't practice what they preach. For example, they encourage your to jump in and not worry about making a mistake. However, if you make a mistake, they go out of their way to make you feel like you cannot make any mistakes. Many people there don't follow the Franklin Covey training they have everyone participate in. The reason is the management themselves use the teachings as a way to get you to accept their shortcomings. The CEO abuses the "be understanding" principle and is frequently yelling, swearing at inappropriate times, and doesn't practice what he preaches. And don't ask for feedback or help - this place has a high turnover for a reason. They accused me of being dishonest. but they were merely projecting their own failure as a management team. The CEO told me no ever quit or was fired until last 2020, but after I started I learned people have been quitting in drives for at least 2 years, and more so with the new COO.

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Unprofessional Environment and Poor Benefits

Sep 15, 2021 - Senior Strategist in Golden, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are able to hire decent talent somehow. Snacks and drinks Standing desks Dog Friendly WFH sometimes

Cons

They call it a "family". They "work hard and play hard". They want "rockstars". Owner/CEO is toxic. I witnessed him locker room towel snap a female co-worker on her bottom. Owner/CEO verbally abused employees in his office and everyone could hear because of the open door policy. Forced employees to pray at Thankgiving potluck. Pay is bad and raises are low percentage based. Overall benefits are horrible. Claim unlimited PTO but looked down upon if you ever use it. Dead animals everywhere that were killed by the owner. Bullying culture. Nepotism based promotions.

4 people found this review helpful

Managing Partner

This is a dishonest review. It's packed with lies and is clearly not from a current employee. I am saddened to see someone use a forum like Glassdoor to personally attack me by posting untrue accusations. I have asked Glassdoor to enforce its own community policies and remove this blatantly false review but as they have yet to act I find it necessary to address these accusations directly: - I have never harassed a female co-worker as is falsely claimed in this review, or otherwise. - I have never asked or “forced” an employee to pray, at any agency-sponsored event, or any other time. - We have not had an unlimited PTO policy for more than 9 months (which is how I know this review is not from a current employee). Employees are encouraged to take their time off, unplug, refresh, and recharge. Now, more than ever. - We do in fact have HR, and a clearly documented process for complaints to be raised in the event they arise. Why someone would pretend to be a current employee and post these complaints here instead of working through proper channels is telling as to the origin and validity of this review. - We have competitive salaries, award raises frequently in a variety of increments, and recognize excellence with promotions and bonuses. - As the CEO of this organization, I am occasionally tasked with having difficult accountability conversations with employees. I will always challenge all of my employees to do their best. However, having hard conversations is not the same as “bullying” or “verbally abusing” employees. As an organization, we believe in challenging directly, but never make it personal. It's about the situation/behavior and corrective action, never anything else. I care deeply about my employees and their success. I take the responsibility I have to my employees and the agency we have built together very seriously. Our deep ongoing investment into personal and professional development is evidence of these beliefs.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee

Here's a Review That Isn't Obviously Fake Like Some of the Others

Jun 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dogs in office Nothing else really

Cons

You have to use your own equipment if you are working from home. Everything is about making more money for the agency. Not actually doing what would be best for the client sometimes. Kind of a "bro" culture. If you aren't in the "in crowd" you'll be excluded. Everything is so regimented and has a cult like feeling. It's either "buy into our system, or you won't fit in". They literally say something similar to that in the videos they make you watch during onboarding. Long time before you're eligible for health insurance. Hope you don't get in an accident or have prescriptions that are expensive! You might find some reviews here that mention the CEO calling former employees "cancerous", and you'll see that they responded to these claims saying they were false. I literally heard that exact word used at least a couple times in the first week.

10 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

70% negative, 30% positive

May 29, 2021 - Marketing in Golden, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some genuinely kind, caring, fun people who develop close relationships and root for you. Crash course in a lot of marketing, sales, and client experiences. You walk out with a lot under your belt––a lot of that being reaffirming or redirecting things that help you get to your next career move.

Cons

Tons of gaslighting from CEO and some other high up leadership. Don't realize they're gaslighting, which brings out tons of defensiveness and makes it worse. Well-meaning directors earned their way up through very tough work and getting beat up by work and clients for many years, but they often don't realize how limited their experience has gotten over the last few years. Technical training/strategies/design are 1-3 years behind most SaaS companies, but take a backseat to the main battle of client management and churn. Lot of what I learned didn't transfer to more modern next job because it was a few years behind in approach or so HubSpot-centered. General lack of professionalism toward negative reviews, past employees who leave in big waves. Has them caught in a bit of a culture spiral with high churn. Things that are 'normal' here would not be found at most companies with standard HR, more modern policies, and true work-life balance culture. Most of these reviews mention specific incidents that are 90% true with some exceptions. Benefits and pay are great when you're entry-level. But after a few years, very sub-par compared to most B2B and SaaS/tech companies. Benefits can't compete whatsoever with most other offers you'll get after a year here. Doubling salary while getting a fun, more balanced job was easy when going in-house after Revenue River. Didn't realize how rough things were until spending a year at another company and seeing the other side. Things like politics, covid, personnel issues all became somewhat common inappropriate jokes (at best) that shouldn't be in any work place. Thought it was okay until being outside the agency for much longer and realizing how rocky the Revenue River job had gotten.

10 people found this review helpful

Managing Partner

I'm really sorry your time here was so negative but I'm happy you were able to leverage the experience and skills into a fantastic new job. I know how much we've grown in the last year too, and hope you'd be pleased to see those improvements. Best of luck to you, sorry we failed you.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

You need to have the right mindset to make it here

May 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You learn a lot while you are here and have the opportunity to expand and develop skills, even if they outside of your job role but are curious to learn more. Very valuable experience that a lot of previous employees have used to land their next careers. There is also a culture of feedback which you don't find in many places and with that feedback you can take it and grow, if you wish to do so.

Cons

You work long hours and pay could be better.

1 person found this review helpful

Managing Partner

I appreciate your effort, mindset, and feedback. Thank you for sharing some public feedback too :) We'll keep listening, learning, growing, and adapting. I promise. We'll make sure your pay keeps going up as you grow and achieve too!

10. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great Culture but Look Elsewhere

May 3, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great and there are a lot of opportunities to learn. Management really works on culture with happy hours and agency meetings.

Cons

An insane amount of micromanagement. There is no work/life balance. Lots of turnover.

8 people found this review helpful