Revenue Solutions, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark C Havens

Pros
  • A fast paced growing company where you get great opportunity to learn and grow (in 3 reviews)

• The one thing i really appreciate is that they give you enough time and opportunity to learn and grow (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • With tight deadlines and not enough people that are specialized for the role work life balance may not be as great especially close to releases (in 6 reviews)

• Consultants will always have long hours - that's just part of the job (in 7 reviews)

"Mainframe Developer"

Former Employee - Mainframe Developer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Mainframe Developer in Washington, DC

I worked at Revenue Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great response to benefits information

Cons

When contract ends, you are let go

"Great experience with great people but technology is a little lacking."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Revenue Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to be independent and own your work. Flexible schedule good managers, and people. Opportunity to travel.

Cons

Variety of projects are limited. Experience from proprietary products, so it can't really help you elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees. It really means much.

"No Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Consultant in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Consultant in Providence, RI

I have been working at Revenue Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the people are friendly - others are not so friendly

Cons

No work/life balance
    If on salary, then you are wasting your life working extra hours every week and not getting compensated for it.

"Employee Retention is an Issue/"

Former Employee - Consultant in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Consultant in Providence, RI

I worked at Revenue Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, company paid for meetups
    Managers tend are friendly, albeit they do ask for long hours.

Cons

Long hours.
    ~20% lower salary than what you could get at another company.
    Can be poor work life balance. If some issue comes up, you're at work until it is fixed. If that means you stay until 7-8pm, so be it.
    No 401k matching or profit sharing, regardless of what they may promise in the interview.
    Few people really know how their system works. They have an issue with employee retention, so as a result you have a large number of low level consultants, few mid level consultants, and then a bunch of senior consultants. Makes working on projects a bit awkward because everything ends up being a knowledge transfer to some new employee.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee retention and compensation. Projects will continue to have issues as long as you can't retain mid-level consultants/developers because you end up making the same mistakes. Some mistakes could be avoided if you stopped hemorrhaging institutional knowledge people gain to other companies due to compensation and work/life balance. This is especially important in an industry as niche as what RSI works in.

6. "Solid Company; Great Experience"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Revenue Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great, small team environment, including direct interactions with all C-suite level management. Secure business model; clearly the best national company in their vertical.

Cons

As with all IT consulting, deadlines must be met, and thus overtime must be worked consistently. Also, company sometimes oversells work because of success of products.

Advice to Management

Build time into project schedules for employees to work a couple 40 hour weeks after big deadlines.

"Executive Consulting Manager"

Former Employee - Executive Consulting Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Consulting Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Revenue Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great team atmosphere. Very dedicated to client success. RSI is a good place to build a career, in every aspect of consulting.

Cons

Struggling to make the right product development decisions, and spotty performance in project delivery. Great potential gets a bit squandered in a nearly constant "churn" to deploy critical resources to the latest brushfire.

8. "Moving in the Right Direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Revenue Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upper management has been making changes in regards to training, professional growth, and compensation. I like the direction they are taking and I'm looking forward to the positive impact it will have on myself and my colleagues.

Cons

Hours at times can be long just like any other consulting company but they are flexible with time off or taking 1/2 days off without cutting into your PTO.

Advice to Management

Connect with your employees more often.

Revenue Solutions, Inc. Response

Oct 4, 2016 – COO/CFO

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We are listening and changing things based on the feedback employees are providing!

"By far, best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Revenue Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for several companies over my career (5 including RSI). Without a doubt, RSI is the best of them all in terms of strong management, effort to maintain a good work/life balance, caring about the development of their employees (on-boarding "buddies", employee mentor-ships and coaches, skill development via subscriptions to online educational instruction), benefits, recognition bonuses, annual bonuses, employee appreciation events and outings, ability to communicate anonymously with concerns (and have an expectation that the management team will actually consider and take what action it can to address those concerns).... Much of the things listed above, i.e the on-boarding "buddy", the career coach, the online training tools, etc, came directly from suggestions by employees. No other company I've worked for had any of these things nor did they spend any amount of time seeking suggestions and opinions from their employees as to their satisfaction with the way the company is run.

I've been with the company over 10 years and I'm very grateful to have landed with RSI.

Bottom line is the company cares about it's employees, cares about it's customers and is profitable and stable year over year. That's a good company to work for in my book.

Cons

Telling people you work for a company that supports Tax agencies.

Advice to Management

Install a fountain soda machine in the solution center and implementation center.

Revenue Solutions, Inc. Response

Oct 4, 2016 – COO/CFO

Thanks for the review! We do care and I'm glad it shows. With respect to the soda machines, we'll take that under advisement (although can I talk you into just drinking water instead? It's better ... More

"A Great Company to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Roseville, CA

Pros

Great small company to work at. A fast paced growing company where you get great opportunity to learn and grow. The managers are awesome and so are all the leads. They are very approachable and understanding.

Cons

Need more resource in some functional area.

Advice to Management

Enforce micro management.

"Uniquely surreal."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pembroke, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pembroke, MA

I have been working at Revenue Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People who work there are genuinely nice and the intentions are good. The company does try to be active in engaging their employees and providing them a career path upon entry. They're growing the business but their strategy is ironically, taxing.

Cons

With the exception of a select few in leadership roles, they all seem to take a very unusual and passive approach in growing their product.
    They're in a niche market and make a lot of money, but don't invest in their infrastructure to ensure a competitive edge. They severely lack innovation or optimization of their own workforce. Communication is virtually nonexistent.

They have a 90's approach to problem solving and are suffering from sever growing pains. What is The Revenue Solution? Throw manpower at it to fix it.
    Instead of slowing down and managing their resources properly. Leadership is constantly dismissive, combative with each other, and often unaware of their own failures until it's too late. However they won't hesitate to point the finger elsewhere. Their saving grace is their plucky CFO who (at times) appears to actually take preventive measures. The other execs seem primed and ready to sell this turkey to the highest bidder and retire on the Mediterranean.
    Sometimes it's entertaining to watch a hiring push compete with an exodus as they try to compete with the Boston, New York, and San Francisco markets.

Advice to Management

Clean house before it's too late. Just because you're getting new business doesn't mean your not rotting from the inside.