Reverb Reviews | Glassdoor

Reverb Reviews

Updated Aug 29, 2019

3.7
Reverb Founder/CEO David Kalt (no image)
David Kalt

"I'm proud to say that I work at Reverb."

I have been working at Reverb full-time for more than a year

Pros

- excellent benefits package - work-life balance - monthly lunch and happy hour - rockstar employees My experience at Reverb has always been positive because I work with amazing people. I've never felt more challenged within my role and I feel respected as a woman within a growing tech company. Receiving consistent praise from David Kalt is one of the reasons why I feel that my job is important and what my... team does is important.

Cons

Product and engineering teams have a lot on their plate that it may affect other teams who are striving to improve their internal tools -- timelines for product and engineering to implement are slow.

Reverb2019-07-22

"Room to learn and make cool stuff"

Current Employee - Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Reverb full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with smart people who want to make the site work. It's nice arriving at 9am and leaving at 5pm sharp with little exception. There's a lot of potential to grow in Engineering simply because there's a lot of good ideas and sharpening of current features yet to do. It's nice to have the opportunity to share what you know and have people listen.

Cons

Software projects flip-flop without a lot of transparency. Reverb is shifting from being a small company to being a part of a larger org.

Advice to Management

Decide what a coaching culture means and how it works in practice. Connect high-level goals to actionable engineering projects.

Reverb2019-08-30
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Seriously, the worst."

I worked at Reverb full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some smart, genuine people here.

Cons

I've never been more stressed out, anxious and depressed over any other job in my life. Sexism and clickyness run rampant in the company. When harassment is reported, it's basically shrugged off or you get blamed for it. The CEO is the worst leader I've ever seen. He loves to scream at your fellow coworkers in public and humiliate them. His attitude reeks of entitlement. Basically everything that everyone... else said has been true for me too. I'm glad other people are finally speaking up about all the issues that are going on in this company because I thought I was going crazy.

Reverb2019-06-03
  5. "Admin"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Reverb full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good place to work I recommend it, friendly staff.

Cons

Not many cons to write about for this bit.

Advice to Management

Can't really think of much to say

Reverb2019-04-28

"Exhausting"

I have been working at Reverb full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've really enjoyed the friendships I've made here so far, there's a lot of good people. The benefits are pretty par-for-the-course for tech but good. Work/life balance is good.

Cons

I'll start by saying, I've been around the block in the tech industry and, while tech has a certain degree of unhealthy idiosyncrasies, and I've never experienced the degree of unhealth in any of my previous companies that I've experienced at Reverb. Between the constant course correcting and "disruption", it's exhausting. Lots of back talk, lots of gossiping. Often feels like half my job is doing my actual job... description and the other half is just navigating the ever-changing moods of the leadership.

Advice to Management

There's a fair bit of manipulation that goes on behind the scenes. Stop putting so much effort into controlling the narrative (whether in meetings or even on Glassdoor). Actually put the effort into changing things

Reverb2019-03-12

"Great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Reverb full-time for less than a year

Pros

All the standard tech perks: free medical, generous PTO, snacks, ping pong etc. The Company also really embodies the mission of making the world more musical. We work hard but there is an emphasis on work/life balance too. Most importantly, there’s lots of opportunity for growth. As a result, this is one of the most rewarding professional experiences I’ve had.

Cons

Typical tech growing pains. We could use more structure and process while not sacrificing growth and creativity.

Reverb2019-03-07

"Great place, hard work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Reverb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Reverb is building a fantastic product and has employees who are engaged and care about what they are doing. Great benefits, office space, people and leadership.

Cons

We work hard. That isn't really a negative, but there seems to be a perception that we all sit around and play guitar. This is a product and mission driven team that is working hard to make the world more musical.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward while ignoring the noise.

Reverb2019-02-13

"Lol come on dawg"

I worked at Reverb full-time for more than a year

Pros

I mean I guess if you like to make alright money in an EXTREMELY cut throat, fast-paced, intense as all hell, everybody trying to up the next guy, chatter behind your back about you, 1 am emails of how you better shape up or you're out, everybody keeping a smile but probably going effing nuts inside like the rest of us from how demanding this job is for the money, then yeah it's perfect!

Cons

Love getting yelled at on the weekly. Essentially you're expected to be one of two things: perfect, or a machine.

Advice to Management

Lol this place was hilarious

Reverb2019-02-18
  10. "Great Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Customer Engagement Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Reverb full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office is full of very smart, driven young people. Really easy to communicate between departments. Benefits and PTO are great.

Cons

Some members of senior management can be intimidating and cliquey.

Reverb2019-02-04

"Good work, dangerous culture"

I have been working at Reverb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many interesting problems to solve. The company works at a face pace. There is an emphasis on trying something and learning from it. Peers enjoy working with each other and often make it fun. All teams try hard to improve the lives of Reverb's users. Work/life balance is healthy. You pull late hours here and there for a big effort or if there's an issue, but the company understands that families and lives come... first. No chasing of VC money just to chase it. You will be challenged, learn, and grow.

Cons

Reverb has been built on a foundation of abuse. When you interact up the org chart, there is a good chance you will be yelled at, swore at, disrespected in public, or criticized without being listened to. Those that don't mind this culture thrive. Those who do leave. Opinions outside leadership are not valued. In public, they say they want to hear the best ideas. But what matters is what they say. If there was... a clear vision for the company, it'd be less concerning. There is an imbalance in how tech workers are treated vs non-tech. Engineers and designers get conference budgets and are protected from routine work. Not unique to Reverb among tech companies, but worth knowing. The pros must be balanced with an experience that, if you aren't on leadership or tech, can devalue you as a person.

Advice to Management

You can't change a culture without breaking it.

Reverb2019-01-26