Revinate Reviews | Glassdoor

Marc Heyneker

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Revinate full-time

Pros

Thoughtful, smart, kind, humble, and driven people! Very little, if any politics. A frequent saying in the eng department is "high challenge, high support", and that has been my experience.
    Bleeding edge tech stack: Scala, Go, elasticsearch, Cassandra, Apache Spark, Kafka, Akka, Node, React/Redux, microservices... A great place for the resume and developing your skills.
    Very well-positioned for success against competition. Well-funded, proven products, emphasis on innovation for new ones.
    Performance is rewarded and there are few glass ceilings. This is not a stagnant environment.
    Geographically, the most beautiful campus I've ever worked on. Walk & talks through a manicured garden with a creek & pond, sun, and blooming cherry trees. Quiet corners are great for lunch and some time for thought, too. Great location for morning/evening runs through the Presidio, along the coast of the Bay (Crissy Field), and the ocean (Baker Beach).
    Free Presidigo shuttle from most parts of the city.
    If you earn the privileges, flexible policies on work from home and vacation.

Cons

It is a startup, so the pace is fast. If you thrive in that environment, this place is for you!
    Some growing pains, as in any start-up company, but they are getting addressed head-on, so this is not really a con. Goes with the territory...

Advice to Management

None, to speak of. Keep it up and keep improving!
    Thank you for placing such a high value on transparency, trust, and respect! These define the company and make me glad to work here.
    Thank you for showing so much heart and not being afraid to make the tough calls and the changes that will ensure the company flourishes for all: the present and former employees, all shareholders, and most of all, the customers.

2. "The Glass is Half Full (and after 5pm, it's full of beer)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revinate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My experience with this company was one of tremendous growth. As any startup claims, there is opportunity for advancement if you prove your worth and vocalize a desire to move up. Here it's called "High Challenge, High Support".

As anyone who has ever worked here and liked the culture would admit (and have), you will not find better culture anywhere else. Don't even try.

Because of the office location, lunchtime here is the best.

If you have kids, nieces or nephews, access to the Star Wars store is a lifesaver during birthdays and holidays.

Cons

Trying to do too much at once and losing focus or quality.

Need better communication across the organization.

Advice to Management

Stay forward-looking and keep your eye on the prize.

"Culture that isn't cliche"

Current Employee - Senior Integrations Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Integrations Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revinate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great level of transparency at all levels about the company vision, plans, a focuses.
    - People are humble enough to admit mistakes or changing priorities
    - The employees you "never" talk to are just as helpful as those you "always" talk to when it comes to getting things done
    - Openness to listen to customer needs and bring both individual and aggregated feedback into plans for the future
    - Events that are sometimes during work hours and sometimes directly in the office!
    - Inclusive in practice not just in writing
    - Ability to see and understand the impact of your work
    - No hard feelings towards those who move up and move on to other careers and stages in life.

Cons

- Can be a bit slow to hire at times
    - Eager to please can mean changing priorities. People need reminders to stay focused on one or two goals, and not to try to solve everything for everyone.

Advice to Management

Stay open, stay transparent, continue to communicate things that seem obvious or that most people will know. Stay connected with international offices. Hire faster! We can't always get it done with who we have, and you need to realize that sooner than later. This is especially important when filled positions become vacant.

5. "Amazing Company to work at!"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revinate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything about the company is amazing

Cons

More Growth Opportunities for Finance, Business departments

6. "The best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revinate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Blazingly smart, kind people who are full of integrity and give each other the benefit of the doubt
    - Thoughtful, transparent leadership who strives to respect each employee
    - Interesting industry with good (and achievable!) challenges

Cons

- Lots of work, not enough people to do it, and not enough focus. I'm hopeful we'll focus more in 2017.
    - Long commute if you're anywhere but Marin or near the Presidio, but it is accessible via public transit, and the flexible work-from-home options help a lot.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on. We're heading in the right direction to succeed wildly.

"Can't beat Culture"

Former Employee - Customer Engagement Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Engagement Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revinate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Revinate has some really great people - smart, strategic, passionate, & caring. The company continues to disrupt an industry that is lacking on the technology side. The International expansion and opportunities are great for anyone looking to diversify their career. If you perform like an A-player, you will be rewarded like an A-Player. Very passionate from the top down and a great place to prove yourself.

Cons

Stressful & a lot of work. This may be looked at as a con but if you want to solidify yourself in the tech space, the extra effort will pay dividends.

Advice to Management

Be transparent and accountable for both positive and negative/good and bad decisions.

8. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Where should I start? The office location can't be beat. I work with a smart, dedicated team that also happen to be truly funny and nice people. We have a lot of fun together and get a lot done! Work hard, play hard is a real thing and it exists at Revinate.

Cons

There are long hours at times (I don't know any startup in SF that isn't like that). When I work on a large project the team is very supportive throughout and upon completion grateful and responsive. My friends at other companies are often jealous of my workplace environment. So there's another pro here in the cons...

Advice to Management

Work out the kinks but keep on keeping on.

"Awesome team, great startup feel, and so much growth potential"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revinate full-time

Pros

Interesting and challenging work, great benefits, and extremely smart coworkers.

Cons

Seriously need to move to a bigger office, not having enough space or conference rooms is actually hindering collaboration and meeting efficiency.

"Great technical challenges and great team!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revinate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Revinate is really a great company to work for as a Software engineer. The technical challenges are very interesting and the engineering team to resolve them great. I still have many things to learn from my peers.
    The fact that the company is still relatively small is a great opportunity to tackle very diverse issues and take on responsibilities.
    The work/life balance is good, we got free snacks and the location is the heart of the Presidio of San Francisco is great.
    The team is awesome and the culture really nice!

Cons

Not a big fan of part of the stack (php). However, there is a trend to use more robust and modern tech stack (Chef, Java Spring, Ruby, micro services and messaging, Distributed infrastructure, Angular.js to quote a few)

11. "A really great place to work all around."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revinate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Work hard/play hard culture. Good balance of challenge, empowerment, and fun.

Cons

Need a bigger office soon- the team is outgrowing the current office.

Advice to Management

Stay on target!