Revinate Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Revinate full-time

Pros

Thoughtful, smart, kind, humble, and driven people! Very little, if any politics. A frequent saying in the eng department is "high challenge, high support", and that has been my experience.
    Bleeding edge tech stack: Scala, Go, elasticsearch, Cassandra, Apache Spark, Kafka, Akka, Node, React/Redux, microservices... A great place for the resume and developing your skills.
    Very well-positioned for success against competition. Well-funded, proven products, emphasis on innovation for new ones.
    Performance is rewarded and there are few glass ceilings. This is not a stagnant environment.
    Geographically, the most beautiful campus I've ever worked on. Walk & talks through a manicured garden with a creek & pond, sun, and blooming cherry trees. Quiet corners are great for lunch and some time for thought, too. Great location for morning/evening runs through the Presidio, along the coast of the Bay (Crissy Field), and the ocean (Baker Beach).
    Free Presidigo shuttle from most parts of the city.
    If you earn the privileges, flexible policies on work from home and vacation.

Cons

It is a startup, so the pace is fast. If you thrive in that environment, this place is for you!
    Some growing pains, as in any start-up company, but they are getting addressed head-on, so this is not really a con. Goes with the territory...

Advice to Management

None, to speak of. Keep it up and keep improving!
    Thank you for placing such a high value on transparency, trust, and respect! These define the company and make me glad to work here.
    Thank you for showing so much heart and not being afraid to make the tough calls and the changes that will ensure the company flourishes for all: the present and former employees, all shareholders, and most of all, the customers.

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revinate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is poised to make big strides with the laser focus on products and having identified the sweet spot of customers. The right blend of top down and bottoms up planning is helping Revinate to be innovative while still keeping the sights on the goals without wavering in direction.
    There is a great sense of camaraderie among different teams and especially the engineering teams. The coming together of the engineering teams to have a common goal has helped the company take some pretty bold initiatives and yet deliver major features for customers. Overall, the culture in Revinate is something that is not a cliched version. Its definitely one of cooperation, collaboration and team work
    The best health benefits that I have had in my career is just the icing on the cake for me!

Cons

Its a start up so there are pivots to be made, changes to be taken in and just pull up your socks and get things done! However, the laser focus on what is being worked on has helped keep these changes to a manageable limit.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the people. This has been the secret of Revinate's success.

Keep the focus on the product roadmap ! Changes are inevitable, but they need to be manageable.

3. "Four of the happiest years of my career"

Former Employee - Director of Engineering in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Director of Engineering in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Revinate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great camaraderie. I made lots of friends there even though I worked remotely
    - Managers are given wide latitude to run their teams as they see fit
    - I learned so much. Management entrusted us to build our infrastructure as we see fit, which allowed us to learn about and implement many cutting-edge technologies. I left with a very current and relevant skill set for my next job.
    - Good pay, equity, and benefits.
    - Very accommodating for remote workers in my dept.

Cons

- The mission/product pivoted a bit while I was there, which can be good but also frustrating
    - They held on to burned-out/ineffective employees for too long. On the plus side, they replaced them with fantastic people when the less effective people finally left.

Advice to Management

- Continue to invest in a remote workforce. Revinate does it so well.
    - Never stop communicating the core mission to employees in a crystal-clear way.

4. "Smart, caring people who drive for results"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Revinate as a contractor

Pros

This is an open, friendly, ego-free culture where impact and intellect are the most desirable traits, collaboration is the norm, and achievement is celebrated.

Cons

As the company evolves from startup to growth-stage, the change in leadership and direction has been challenging to some people and others have left the business. Overall, these changes are the right thing to do and the clarity of the company's direction is very inspiring and empowering.

Advice to Management

Dedication to the team is impressive. When we hit our ambitious goals, it will be even more impressive. Keep the focus on results and do what is needed to keep the strong culture alive and well.

5. "The Glass is Half Full (and after 5pm, it's full of beer)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revinate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My experience with this company was one of tremendous growth. As any startup claims, there is opportunity for advancement if you prove your worth and vocalize a desire to move up. Here it's called "High Challenge, High Support".

As anyone who has ever worked here and liked the culture would admit (and have), you will not find better culture anywhere else. Don't even try.

Because of the office location, lunchtime here is the best.

If you have kids, nieces or nephews, access to the Star Wars store is a lifesaver during birthdays and holidays.

Cons

Trying to do too much at once and losing focus or quality.

Need better communication across the organization.

Advice to Management

Stay forward-looking and keep your eye on the prize.

"Culture that isn't cliche"

Current Employee - Senior Integrations Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Integrations Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revinate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great level of transparency at all levels about the company vision, plans, a focuses.
    - People are humble enough to admit mistakes or changing priorities
    - The employees you "never" talk to are just as helpful as those you "always" talk to when it comes to getting things done
    - Openness to listen to customer needs and bring both individual and aggregated feedback into plans for the future
    - Events that are sometimes during work hours and sometimes directly in the office!
    - Inclusive in practice not just in writing
    - Ability to see and understand the impact of your work
    - No hard feelings towards those who move up and move on to other careers and stages in life.

Cons

- Can be a bit slow to hire at times
    - Eager to please can mean changing priorities. People need reminders to stay focused on one or two goals, and not to try to solve everything for everyone.

Advice to Management

Stay open, stay transparent, continue to communicate things that seem obvious or that most people will know. Stay connected with international offices. Hire faster! We can't always get it done with who we have, and you need to realize that sooner than later. This is especially important when filled positions become vacant.

7. "Amazing Company to work at!"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revinate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything about the company is amazing

Cons

More Growth Opportunities for Finance, Business departments

"Growing company with great technology and great culture!"

I have been working at Revinate full-time

Pros

Friendly people, and lots of opportunities for career growth. Beautiful location in the Presidio. Positioned well in the travel industry.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, but must be ready to work hard, which could be either a pro or a con, depending on how you look at it.

Advice to Management

Keep up all the great positive feedback, continue to give people the opportunities which interest them the most, and this company will just get better and better.

9. "The best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revinate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Blazingly smart, kind people who are full of integrity and give each other the benefit of the doubt
    - Thoughtful, transparent leadership who strives to respect each employee
    - Interesting industry with good (and achievable!) challenges

Cons

- Lots of work, not enough people to do it, and not enough focus. I'm hopeful we'll focus more in 2017.
    - Long commute if you're anywhere but Marin or near the Presidio, but it is accessible via public transit, and the flexible work-from-home options help a lot.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on. We're heading in the right direction to succeed wildly.

"Awesome Startup to Work At"

Pros

+Smart, talented, and friendly people working here and they are excited to be disrupting the hospitality software space
    +Excellent product vision and engineering teams. The work that these teams do here is revolutionary for hotels, improving their existing processes to be 10x more efficient
    +Great work/life balance, you will never be asked to work more than 8 hours days.

Cons

-Sometimes with approaching deadlines the work can get a bit stressful, but this is normal and expected with any tech company.

Advice to Management

Keep on going! Consider improving communication about product vision and direction. At times it feels like the sales team is driving product decisions, but the product should be driving sales.