Revolution Capital Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Revolution Capital Group Reviews

4.4
Robert Loring

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Provides summer associates with wide exposure to private equity"

Former Intern - Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Revolution Capital Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The senior management were all very hands-on during the training process and were constantly giving constructive feedback and advice. Due to the nature of the firm, summer associates got great exposure to the private equity process and got to speak with a plethora of industry professionals.

Cons

The associate program was designed around independence and freedom, however a bit more structure could have been beneficial.

2. "I worked as a summer intern this past year"

Former Intern - Associate in Culver City, CA
    Former Intern - Associate in Culver City, CA

I worked at Revolution Capital Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros of working at RCG include getting unparalleled access to senior management and hands on exposure to the buy side world. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to work closely on a variety of deals throughout the summer and experience the private equity culture and processes.

Cons

The only con I have about RCG is that deal flow was light over summer. Unknown to me before the internship, summer is the slow time of the year for M & A transactions, which is in no way RCG's fault. Lighter deal flow did allow us to focus more heavily on the deals we did bring in.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to keep allowing transparency in the M&A process and continue to allow for access to senior management. I know I learned a lot by being able to talk directly with senior management about any question I had which really made my experience interning a great one.

"Fantastic Work Environment"

Former Intern - Private Equity Summer Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - Private Equity Summer Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Revolution Capital Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

RCG as a whole has a lot going for them, led by a great work environment that features a friendly company culture as well as a superior work/life balance. Senior management is very accessible and goes out of their way to ensure that even interns have the opportunity to contribute to the success and growth of the company. The firm places a lot of responsibility on interns and enables them to be a part of many stages of the deal process.

Cons

The only downside as a summer intern is that deal flow is typically lighter. This is not a negative reflection upon RCG, rather, the M&A market annually slows down during the summer months.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management is to continue focusing on company growth and to maintain the same level of access to senior management as the company undoubtedly becomes larger.

4. "Unparalleled experience and exposure to the private equity"

Current Intern - Summer Associate in Century City, CA
    Current Intern - Summer Associate in Century City, CA

I have been working at Revolution Capital Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing internship experience. A lot of exposure to everything from lead origination to working on live deals. The firm is very lean and efficient; as such, interns get to see the whole spectrum of a deal and contribute to the discussion. Management and full-time employees are very open to suggestions and new ideas -- as an intern, it is an experience that you do not get elsewhere. If you want lots of responsibility and learn lots of new things, join the team. Revolution Capital is a fast growing private equity firm. It has a lot of potential.

Cons

The work day is quite early and if you pursue the summer program, do realize that summer months are usually slower for the financial services space in general.

Advice to Management

Implement a more structured program to allow interns a more holistic summer experience -- eg. workshops and more active inclusion of interns into deal activity.

5. "Great Experience"

Former Intern - Summer Intern in Century City, CA
    Former Intern - Summer Intern in Century City, CA

I worked at Revolution Capital Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice, friendly team
    Allows you to gain great exposure into the M&A industry
    Relaxed, entrepreneurial environment
    Great experience that other employers will appreciate

Cons

The summer internship position is unpaid

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Revolution Capital Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with bright individuals who are extremely committed to the success of the company. Solid management team with impressive backgrounds in the industry. Dynamic and friendly company culture where you are trusted with a wide range of responsibilities. Lots of room for growth for those who stand out and perform.

Cons

Entrepreneurial firm so Associates are required to be very flexible

Advice to Management

Focus on building your core talent

"boring"

Pros

nice building to work in, nice office space. flexible hours but it was because I was unpaid. atmosphere was pretty laid back

Cons

no opportunity to get paid or the pay would be extremely low. commute from Pasadena was about 1 hour each way.

Advice to Management

Be more willing to pay your interns that have worked there for 3 months. Teach more to interns that actually show some promise