Revolution Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Rick Snide

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Biz Dev"

I have been working at Revolution Group full-time

Pros

Great culture and great people to work with. Flexible schedule with some traveling mixed in. Ability to work from home.

Cons

Lack upward mobilitiy, little to no training or mentorship type program. Benefits packages are average and very few allocated PTO days.

2. "Good but could be better"

Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Revolution Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people!!!! Everyone seems to really love their work. Great place to start out, but no where to grow. Lots of freedom to manage your life and work.

Cons

Pay is lacking, and the monthly bonus does not exist. Benefits are not great, they are very expensive to the company itself and the employees. Employee growth limited, promotions are not often in any area. Travel can be excessive depending on your role in the company. No clear direction or goals provided to employees, there is a total lack of training to new employees.

3. "Not a good, but a great place to work"

Former Employee - Deployment Manager in Westerville, OH
    Former Employee - Deployment Manager in Westerville, OH

I worked at Revolution Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is one of those companies where you wake up and you really want to go to work. Great working environment and they walk the talk about Core Values.

Cons

Being a small consulting firm they are subject to the market ups and downs of the limited number of solutions they implement. The employees' growing ceiling is too short.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do! Growth will come

4. "No appreciation, no work-life balance, no money"

I worked at Revolution Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A walking trail close by to get away from the chaos.

Cons

They sent out an employee survey, claiming it to be anonymous, to understand how employees felt about current benefits and asked for employee input on any changes. During the next company meeting, they shared the survey results. And one executive team member, Rick Snide, was distraught that employees were not more appreciative of the benefits. Quote "If you don't like what we have to offer, then you can just leave. You would not be missed. You are replaceable." His statement made employees feel like their opinions truly didn't matter and that the executives would still do what they wanted regardless of employee input.

The third Friday of every month is the company meeting where employees are REQUIRED to attend from 3:00pm - 5:00pm + stay for "happy hour" afterward. There are times when employees have personal obligations and need to miss these meetings. Unfortunately, most employees are not allowed to take PTO during this time, unless it is a family emergency.

Salary increases are unheard of here. If you want an increase, you have to fight for it. You will be asked to bring evidence of salary increases for your position for the Columbus area. And even after submitting your request, you will most likely not get it.

They have no board. The owners have free reign to do what they want without any checks and balances from outside resources.

Work/Life balance is non-existent unless you were hired before 2011. The executive team does not trust their employees.

There is no middle management at the company. There is no true HR department at the company. If you have an issue with another employee, the executive team refuses to listen and has been quoted saying "It's your problem, you figure it out. We do not like drama here." This creates a hostile environment between employees.

Every year they send out a survey to employees for the Best Places to Work award. And each year, Cindy Snide, requests that all employees only answer the survey questions with high ratings. She will send out email reminders and announcements regularly about how to answer the questions and how to give Revolution Group a "boost".

5. "Good Stepping Stone Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

I have been working at Revolution Group full-time

Pros

People are nice. Monthly "Culture Club" gatherings are usually a lot of fun (Laser Tag, Corn Hole Tournaments, etc).

Cons

Very willing to spend money on technology we don't use, but tend to have a closed wallet when it comes to giving raises or bringing new employees in at competitive salaries.

6. "Business Development"

Current Employee - Business Development in Westerville, OH
    Current Employee - Business Development in Westerville, OH

I have been working at Revolution Group full-time

Pros

Revolution has a great environment and team atmosphere. Everyone here works hard and has fun together. People are engaged, looking to learn, and always willing to help.

Cons

Since the company has a flexible work from home policy. At times it can be challenging to have everyone in the same room.

"Great company that really cares"

I have been working at Revolution Group full-time

Pros

Culture focused company that really cares about taking care of people and doing the right thing. One of the core values is Work Hard - Have Fun! and this place is filled with people that do just that. I have great co-workers and managers and everyone is very involved in helping each other succeed.

Cons

The management tends to wait too long to get rid of people who are toxic or poor performers. Recent fast growth has meant a lot of scrambling to create processes and procedures that haven't existed in the past.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to let people go who are obviously not a good fit with company core values.

8. "The Best Job"

Current Employee - Marketing in Westerville, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing in Westerville, OH

I have been working at Revolution Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Rev Group for a year now, and I can honestly say it's the best job I've ever had. The culture is collaborative, innovative, and empowering. There isn't the typical bureaucratic stuff you have to deal with at most companies. Everyone works together as a team and trusts each other to make the right decision. I really enjoy working with all of my co-workers.

Cons

We are growing...and fast. So, there are growing pains along the way. You have to be willing to roll with changes as they come.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to ideas and willing to listen to your employees. We make a great team.

"Culture is more than a word"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Westerville, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Westerville, OH

I have been working at Revolution Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People Care. All the way from ownership to internship. It is common to see the lunch area filled with people - from all departments and every position - sitting together and just having fun non-work related conversations. The owners eat with us every day! If feels odd to refer to them as the owners because they don't separate themselves in that way - they hang out, know our kids names, talk about vacations, and when they ask how we are - they REALLY want to know!

My team is an amazing group - top level talent - and no one is better than another. Egos are left at the door (if they exist) and they all want to work towards the common goal. Getting it done is the number one priority and "not my job" is a taboo attitude. Leadership will have a conversation with you if you can't get on board with the train in motion!!

Final thought is the effort put towards after work hang outs. My direct boss said once - you will be more willing to answer the 2 AM call, when the server is down, if it's your buddy calling rather than just a guy from work. In that light we have a culture club that puts together really fun events to get us together outside of work - where we can really let lose and have fun. We have been to the indoor go cart racing, several games with our professional leagues, and catered lunches!

Looking forward to a great new year!

Cons

Benefits are the number one conversation right now. We have grown at an unbelievable rate and the logistics of the administrative side has not been able to keep pace. They are working on it and should have this resolved soon but vacation, 401K matching, and bonus structure need to be addressed sooner than later.

Advice to Management

You are doing so many things right and you have the very few "issues" on the docket to be addressed! I think the recent organizational changes will help expedite those low hanging fruits to help swing the morale even higher in the right direction! Thanks for caring!

"Toxicity Oozing from the Top Down"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

I worked at Revolution Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working here will look good on your resume.
    Fun company party with an open bar and a ride home once a year.

Cons

Refuse to pay competitive salaries (with most salaries coming in at 30-50% less than average), dysfunctional culture, ineffectively handle internal conflicts, increasingly high turnover, work-life balance is non existent, management will throw you under the bus to save themselves, distracting open office, nepotism, poor vision with unrealistic goals for the future, unreasonable time off policy, minimal benefits, overburdened infrastructure, redundant business processes, low opportunity for advancement, cliquey, toxic, reminiscent of middle school, rarely visible executives, unwilling to foster career development, bonus structure is merely a talking point, lacking qualified resources (bc they can't afford them), questionable ethics. I think you get the point.

Advice to Management

Executive management, the problems start at the top and trickle down like toxic waste.