Reward Gateway Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Reward Gateway CEO Doug Butler
Doug Butler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Reward Gateway is a genuinely cracking place to work" (in 23 reviews)

• "It's fast paced and there's always something new to learn" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's so fast paced that sometimes you don't have time to think" (in 10 reviews)

• "We have a supportive management team who don't want people to be unhappy, own it and speak up, if no-one knows there is a problem nothing will change" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Decision I Ever Made"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time

Pros

The company lives and breathes its mission and company values. Everyone in the office not only cares about their own role but understands the importance of their peer's work. All employees are seen as equal and the company really encourages the value of "speak up". I truly love coming to work every day and love what this company stands for. I always feel supported and encouraged by the team and management. When I took the job, I thought the company was "too good to be true", but everything they promised and said about the company has been true.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :)

Mar 15, 2018

Hi, it's Doug here. Well, I can't really say much other than thank you and I am very happy that your RG journey is going well. You say joining RG is the best decision you have ever made, so we must... More

2. "Sales"

Pros

The people at RG are genuine and want you to succeed. Incredible benefits package and an employee share plan that brings everyone together for one goal.

Cons

Branching out to the US has been challenging but the company is in a place where the team is set up for success

Aug 14, 2017 – Group Reward Director

Thank you for your kind words about the company, it's so good to hear that you feel supported and taken care of through our benefits and share plan. You are true that moving into a new market is and... More

"Truly tries to be the best"

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Company treats and communicates employees with top priority, really have never seen a place do it the way RG does
    - Open and flexible work culture that integrates with you
    - Strong potential to grow career, skills, and responsibilities
    - Amazing perks and benefits, really trying to be an industry leader here
    - Always innovating product and adjusting to markets

Cons

- Things change fast, be ready for it and don't be complacent
    - Training and development can probably use a bit of an overhaul especially for existing employees and managers
    - If you can't adapt, might not be the best place for you

Advice to Management

Make sure that you are always looking to grow and develop current employees/leavers before looking to bring someone new in.

May 6, 2016 – CEO

Hello! Glenn here, over in Boston at the moment.

Thanks so much for taking time to write the review on Glassdoor, I'm really grateful. It's great that you appreciate Debra's recent work on the... More

"My experience so far at Asperity has been top-notch, and I'm excited for what lies ahead"

Pros

-Great career advancement
    -Inspiring and approachable CEO, with a lot of heart and passion
    -Friendly, warm leaders and staff
    -Passion is in the air
    -Excellent culture - rooted in transparency, integrity, hard work, innovation, and fun
    -Nimble workforce, bureaucracy really doesn't exist at Asperity
    -Belief in technology - we all have Mac's and are encouraged to try new software
    -Ownership in responsibilities - employees have high expectations placed on them, and really take ownership and run with it.
    -Employees can be autonomous in their roles - help is always here, but there's no micro-managing
    -Great ongoing training and new employee orientation
    -Receptive to new ideas and input, always
    -A belief in always striving for the best is in Asperity's DNA - in everything we do, we look for better ways of doing it
    -No ego's - friendly, humble, and happy to help out
    -Strong internal communications - despite being global, it's obvious that Asperity leadership has placed great priority on making sure all employees stay up to date on what's going on across offices and stay connected. We use FaceTime, video conferencing, our in-house TV program, and our quarterly business update, which is recorded at our HQ and shared across our international offices

Cons

-Because we move so fast, clarity on what we should be focusing on is often unclear
    -Growing pains of a company expanding rapidly and scaling internationally do exist, however they are quickly addressed
    -The workforce is quite young, which can sometimes feel too relaxed and exclusionary
    -No drinks provided at the office, other than soda, and no snacks are provided
    -Sometimes offices outside of London are not taken into account when making a decision or building a process
    -No formal training on our competitors and how we stand out in the landscape

Advice to Management

Think globally, and keep communications strong.

Sep 17, 2013 – Group People Director

Hi Thanks for posting. I'm really pleased that you are loving your job so much. I'm assuming you're not in London or Sydney - contact me directly with your ideas around your "cons" and we'll see... More

"Great Company, Great Career Opportunity, Great Time!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time

Pros

An established business, great program and a culture that allows you to develop while having a great time. Avoids all the corporate "smoke and mirrors" and what you see is exactly what you get. The management genuinely cares about your progress and success. From one-on-one interaction with the CEO to working directly with the account managers you never question where you stand or what direction the company is going. And it is going on to GREAT things.

Cons

Tough market because completely challenges what the perceived value of a discount program is within the United States. If you want to succeed - you need to put in the hard work to do so. (weak con - but that is pretty much it)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - stay transparent. This company is going to continue to grow fast and success is going to come quickly. Don't let it change the awesome culture!

Sep 17, 2013 – Group People Director

Hey Thanks for taking the time to post on Glassdoor. I'm glad you're enjoying your new role and appreciate our real open and honest culture. Love the fact you love it too!

Tracy

"Not your average 9-5. It's a challenge, but I love working here!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great career opportunities, including international secondments
    Employee Share Scheme
    Encouraged to develop and given the support to do so
    The people are great - really fun, young team. We work hard, play hard! Everyone is very ambitious and really wants to succeed.
    One of a kind CEO - very inspiring.

Cons

Internal communications have been a problem in the past but we've put lots of measures in place to make this better now. We're definitely getting there!

Advice to Management

Keep being open and honest

Sep 17, 2013 – Group People Director

Thanks for posting to the outside world!! Communication across 3 continents will always be a challenge - we just all need to be flexible and make the effort to reach out - and respond! You do a... More

"Fast paced work for a world class company; for people who want to be proud of what they are part of!"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity
    Asperity has a proven success in the UK and Australia and is now in the US. It is such an exciting time for us as a company and for any employee who is part of this.

Management/ Leadership
    The management and leadership are inspiring, ambitious and hard working. This drip feeds into the whole company and a culture has been born. There is a tendency to give employees a large amount of freedom with their work - you are expected to rise to the challenge but support is always there. There is an Asperity way of doing things - innovative, honest and always moving forward. This is something that comes straight from the leadership through their conduct and communication.

Culture
    Asperity is work hard, play hard. We love coming to work and will work hard to maintain that. Despite freedom to grow as an individual professionally, we work as a team. We are small at the moment so everyone gets involved when needed. At Asperity people come first.

Product
    We sell, manage, maintain and grow a world class product. It is refreshing to be a part of this and to make your mark as, wherever in the company you work, feedback is consistently asked for and taken on board.

Cons

Asperity is growing rapidly; the future is unclear in terms of expansion and job opportunities. All we know is that it is going to be positive and it is going to be big! Lots of people would not see this as a con but it means you need to be dynamic, adaptable and passionate - willing to take on new responsibilities and think for yourself a large majority of the time. For me this is actually a pro but it is not for everyone and it is something to bear in mind.

And sometimes we run out of Diet Coke!!

Advice to Management

Stay open in your communications and plans for the business. We've got an exciting time ahead.

Also - buy more Diet Coke :).

Mar 17, 2013 – Group People Director

Thanks for your feedback - I believe there's diet coke, homemade beer and lots of sweeties there now?!
    Tracy

"A wonderful first year at a wonderful company"

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Client Success Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's very easy for anyone to say that they love their job, especially when they are getting paid, but I think it's really difficult to be able to genuinely mean it. I've always described myself as a kind of 'dogs trust' employee, in the sense that I felt I had been massively mistreated in the past, and my interest in working at Reward Gateway came not only due to the desire to help other people in my situation, but to create a better working life for myself.

In the year that I've worked here so far, I've made over a hundred genuine friends internally, and worked hard to develop genuine friendships with the people I work with outside of the business too. It's not everyday that you can say that you go home and have had the best day ever, because occasionally life is hard. But being surrounded by work that stimulates and excites you, having managers and seniors that genuinely care about your goals and your wellbeing and can have a laugh whilst doing it, makes it ever so much easier for those kind of days to happen.

There is no way that I can thank the company enough for giving me a voice, and allowing me to become more confident both inside and outside of my career, but the least I can do is leave a review that has come completely from my heart.

Reward Gateway is a great business, there are many great businesses in the world that's for sure. But it's also a company that genuinely cares about the people that make the magic happen, and that doesn't come around that often.

Thank you.

Cons

Occasionally the workload can be a little much, but that's the price to pay for success in any career path.

Oct 23, 2018

Hi it’s Doug here.

Wow! What can I say to that other than I am thrilled and genuinely moved by your positive comments. As you know Reward Gateway does value its employees, and seeks to achieve... More

"My 2nd anniversary in RG"

Current Employee - Scrum Master in Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - Scrum Master in Plovdiv (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Today is my 2nd anniversary in RG and I want to share some thought with the Leadership Team.
    For the past 2 years I’ve gained experience and skills in arias I never imagined I could do before. So I am grateful, especially to Sevil Rahimova - my manager, who has the patience and persistence, and, most of all, the right approach, to change my vision in some ways finding me in areas previously incomprehensible to me.

There are two greatest benefits in RG for me are these are:
    1) The ability to apply my individual style of work into my day-to-day tasks.
    And

2) The opportunity to develop myself by constantly learning new things and gaining new skills.
    Again, I believe it is mostly possible because of the general vision, support and the good management skills of my manager.

Last but not lease, I’m part of the PMs team where all the people are good and friendly, and always make me feel valuable, which is another reason that I’m satisfied to be part of RG family.

Cons

There are not good enough managers within the company.

Advice to Management

It's really good to have such examples as Sevil when it's about people management, but would be great if more and more mangers within RG take the good example and maki it part of their own practice. RG need more managers like Sevil, because people leave not the company, but their managers on first place.

"Working 12 hour days to "make the world a better place to work""

Former Employee - Client Success Manager in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Client Success Manager in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Reward Gateway full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great team who bring a lot of energy and creativity to work.
    - Socially the culture is awesome and I really feel like I have made genuine friendships from working at RG.
    - Great suite of benefits that I actually do miss now that I'm gone.
    - High level of trust and autonomy given to employees.

Cons

- Understaffed and under pressure - working beyond a reasonable number of hours per week to deliver results to clients.
    - Working 12 hours days feels expected and gives a whole new meaning to the company value "work hard" - resulting in feeling burnt out.
    - No real investment in L&D or up skilling for AU employees who want to progress within the company
    - Due to lack of growth/ succession planning it feels like there is an expiry date to this particular role and the management are ok with that - leads to feeling unappreciated for your efforts and somewhat replaceable when your time is up.

Sep 26, 2018

Hi, it’s Doug here.

Thank you for your review. It was very insightful. First of all, I want to thank you for your time at RG. You added a lot to the business, and you’ve helped put RG in a... More