Reward Gateway Reviews

Updated May 3, 2021

4.3
Reward Gateway CEO Doug Butler
Doug Butler
Pros
  • "RG go above and beyond to ensure all staff are communicated with re the strategy and why they've taken certain decisions(in 40 reviews)

• "Reward Gateway is s truly unique place where you have freedom to speak up about everything(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "there seems to be no quiet period at RG(in 32 reviews)

• "Because it is so fast paced, the workload is high and can seem daunting at times(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Perfect Combo of Smart, Friendly Employees and Outstanding Company Culture

Jan 20, 2021 - Email Marketing Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

After working for Reward Gateway for just over a full year (not to mention through this global pandemic), I can wholeheartedly say it has been an incredibly gratifying experience. Not only do I enjoy my role and the wide variety of projects I've worked on, there is ample opportunity to learn, grow and build a career at this organization. My coworkers (across the United States, United Kingdom, Bulgaria and Australia) are warm, hard-working, capable people who live and breathe the company's mission and values – and our Leadership Team and HR department have taken such good care of all of us this past year, despite the unprecedented challenging circumstances. Transitioning to working remotely has also been relatively seamless, and the company culture has remained strong. Despite the distance, employees are engaged and work hard to maintain genuine relationships with each other and our clients,. It's also worth noting that our company benefits are topnotch, compensation is fair, and the office itself (specifically, Boston) has a lovely view of the Common. Most importantly, working at RG, I was quickly able to see and feel the impact I've had on the business; work here and you will not be just some cog in a wheel.

Cons

Maybe I'm still in a really long honeymoon phase? But I have no 'cons' to speak of.

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it's Doug here. First of all, thank you for submitting a review. Good, bad, or ugly we welcome feedback. Secondly, wow! You certainly have experienced the best of RG and I am truly gratified. I am particularly pleased to hear that you feel Reward Gateway is a place to learn and grow your career. We have a lot of growth ahead of us and I hope that you'll continue to contribute to that and that RG continues to demonstrate its commitment to Making the World a Better Place to Work for you.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing philosophy, Good product, Marginal execution

Jun 25, 2020 - Employee Engagement Consultant in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The US employees truly believe in the values and attempt to live them out in the work environment, the products are solid (though no true go to market strategy and not well-positioned which leads to low win-rates and a sales wasting time chasing every deal, every account rather than targeted execution, good benefits outside of basic healthcare coverage- which is too costly to participate in.

Cons

Constantly shifting strategy; little guidance, direction, or involvement by Sr. Leadership team, vague in detail yet passionate delivery of promises that "this time we have it right" and "we are committed to this leader/ this change" which has resulted in underlying skepticism by employees who hold their breath (tongue) till the next round of changes (terminations) are rolled out. We are all hoping this time, we actually do have it right!

2 people found this review helpful

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it's Doug here. First of all, thank you for taking the time to submit a review. You've pointed out the challenges we have had in replicating our global success in the US as quickly as we have hoped, and I want you to know I share your frustration and take responsibility for that. I agree with you that our product is strong and with a global NPS of 54 for service and 89 for implementation most of our 1,800 plus clients would agree, but we have adjusted our US go to market strategy and management personnel more than I would like. I am sorry that your experience with the business was clouded with strategic changes, but I hope you were able to see the value of engagement and culture that we promote and try to live ourselves each day and that you can take those learnings to your next opportunity. I would like to believe that senior leadership and I are close to and aware of our opportunities and challenges in all of our markets, and we are open to criticism and change where necessary, but I will take your words to heart and redouble my own efforts to remain close to our people in the US and elsewhere. We will, in fact, continue to make changes until we "have it right", but recent growth and client adoption of our engagement and recognition solutions give me confidence that we are on the right track. Best wishes to you in all future endeavors and thank you again for the review.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Truly takes care of their employees

Nov 24, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, culture, flexible working, recognition

Cons

A lot of fast paced change

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it’s Doug here. You are truly a person of few words but I am pleased by and appreciative of your feedback. We will keep working to maintain those elements of the culture and business that you consider “pros”, but I am sorry to say that at RG you can expect more of the same of your “cons”. We are a competitive business in a competitive industry with a Mission that requires constant attention (and sometimes change) to our products and to the way in which we Delight the Customers. I hope we can continue to count on you to add to our culture and to advance our Mission. Thank you again for the review.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working here has been the worst experience of my life.

Sep 28, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The severance package for an inevitable layoff prior to collecting UE off is a pretty nice touch. Definitely makes up for the horrific experience that is working here.

Cons

Favoritism. Pretend-inclusive. Nothing but cons working for this company. This is a dead-end job. You will never get promoted. Your work will never be noticed. It's all a hoax.

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it's Doug here. I assume you have now left Reward Gateway and I genuinely hope that you have found a profession and a business where you can achieve your career objectives. To be honest, nothing that you say rings true to me, but I won't deny your feelings or experience and can only say that I am sorry that Reward Gateway and you were not a good fit. We have made some changes to our successful US business over the years and perhaps you were caught up with this, but regardless of the changes, I know that we have been fair and honest with our people and have supported them as much as possible when they have left us. If you would like to drop me a note with specific suggestions I would welcome your guidance. RG is not perfect, but our Glassdoor scores, internal NPS of over 60, and other 3rd party awards like our annual GPTW rankings run counter to your sentiments. We constantly challenge ourselves to be better and solicit feedback under our Speak Up value, but this review provides little to work with. We will continue to get listen, and RG and I wish you much success in the future.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Team, Great Perks, Transparent Leadership

Sep 27, 2020 - Implementation Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Offices and amenities are great, diverse team that recognizes each other's work

Cons

Workload can be stressful; working across different teams and time zones can be a challenge

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it's Doug here. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. You've obviously been around RG long enough to see how we operate and treat each other so I am happy to be on the positive side of your feedback. As for workload, a fast-growing business with operations in 4 countries and 17 hrs difference in time zones and a culture of ownership can certainly stretch people's limits so we try to stress the importance of personal time and wellbeing as best we can. I would welcome any suggestions you might have to reduce our people's stress even more. Thank you again for your feedback. Keep up the good work and keep Speaking Up.

6. 5.0

Just the Best

Feb 11, 2020 - Sales Consultant in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome, engaging supportive team that lives and breathes its mission day in and day out. We're encouraged to speak up, the environment is laterally supportive, and each and every one of us is working to make the world the best place to work.

Cons

Nothing at all comes to mind, this is where you work to get

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it's Doug here. Thanks for your review. It's nice to hear that your experience at RG has been a positive one so far. We do try hard to press our Mission and I see that you are taking it one step further by seeking to make the world the best and not just better...I love ambition. Keep speaking up and letting us know where we can be better. Thank you again.

7. 5.0

Culture focused

Feb 11, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lives its mission statement. Focused on creating a successful work-life balance. Very transparent with its employees. Clear communication guidelines. Lives their values!

Cons

Nothing as of right now.

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it's Doug here. Thank you for your review. It's always nice to hear when our people are enjoying a positive work-life balance. We preach that, and we provide the time necessary to take care of yourself, but people's passion and energy sometimes get in the way of personal wellbeing. I am also happy to see that you appreciate our transparency. Open and honest communications are a core belief of ours and I am happy that this resonates with you. Keep speaking up and thank you again for your review.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place To Work

Jul 26, 2019 - Client Success Manager in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Values and Culture, Helping make the world a better place to work, Smart, kind, and hardworking people, Work-life balance, Great Benefits.

Cons

No cons at Reward Gateway

Reward Gateway Response

Hi it’s Doug here. I do not know what to say except thank you for your review and I am happy that RG has proven to be a great place for you. I know that when we welcomed your team into the business a year ago we assured you that our commitment to the Mission of Making the World a Better Place to Work was genuine both inside and outside of the company. I am proud to hear that we are living up to our promise so far, and I expect you to continue to push us to maintain that environment.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lives its mission

Mar 20, 2019 - Marketing in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked for a company who cares more about their people than RG. It is a breath of fresh air to be able work for a company who lives its mission every single day. I get to work with an amazing group of talented people who will do whatever it takes to make the world a better place to work.

Cons

No cons for the RG workforce

3 people found this review helpful

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it’s Doug here. Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear that your time at RG has been welcoming. Joining a new business through merger or acquisition as you and your local Rochester colleagues did last Summer is always scary and often disruptive, but I was confident that the greater RG would prove to be a hospitable place for you to continue the good work done by Brand Integrity. These are all positive comments and I am happy to hear them, but you know that you can always Speak Up should your experience start to look different or if you have any ideas on how to make RG an even better place to work. Thanks again.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

YOLKED IN PHONY

Sep 10, 2019 - Sales in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunches. Great view of Boston. That is all

Cons

Why would anyone work for this failing company and the fake mission? They sell so much nothing in the US, it's laughable! How do people still have jobs? Relying off the revenue from Europe and Australia of course. The product continues to speak for itself. Drop the numbers for the US, Doug! LOL

7 people found this review helpful

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it's Doug here. I (we) reply to everyone so, despite my reluctance to engage, I will simply say that I hope that you find a role, a company and a profession that suits you and brings you happiness. Clearly RG was not the right place for you. Best of luck.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 178 Reviews