Reward Gateway Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2020

4.4
Reward Gateway CEO Doug Butler
Doug Butler
Pros
  • "I've been at RG for longer than I thought I would be(in 37 reviews)

• "Reward Gateway is s truly unique place where you have freedom to speak up about everything(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • "there seems to be no quiet period at RG(in 32 reviews)

• "There are very few downsides to working at Reward Gateway(in 12 reviews)

"Culture focused"

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lives its mission statement. Focused on creating a successful work-life balance. Very transparent with its employees. Clear communication guidelines. Lives their values!

Cons

Nothing as of right now.

February 17, 2020

Hi, it's Doug here. Thank you for your review. It's always nice to hear when our people are enjoying a positive work-life balance. We preach that, and we provide the time necessary to take care of yourself, but people's passion and energy sometimes get in the way of personal wellbeing. I am also happy to see that you appreciate our transparency. Open and honest communications are a core belief of ours and I am happy that this resonates with you. Keep speaking up and thank you again for your review.

"Amazing philosophy, Good product, Marginal execution"

Former Employee - Employee Engagement Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Reward Gateway full-time

Pros

The US employees truly believe in the values and attempt to live them out in the work environment, the products are solid (though no true go to market strategy and not well-positioned which leads to low win-rates and a sales wasting time chasing every deal, every account rather than targeted execution, good benefits outside of basic healthcare coverage- which is too costly to participate in.

Cons

Constantly shifting strategy; little guidance, direction, or involvement by Sr. Leadership team, vague in detail yet passionate delivery of promises that "this time we have it right" and "we are committed to this leader/ this change" which has resulted in underlying skepticism by employees who hold their breath (tongue) till the next round of changes (terminations) are rolled out. We are all hoping this time, we actually do have it right!

June 30, 2020

Hi, it's Doug here. First of all, thank you for taking the time to submit a review. You've pointed out the challenges we have had in replicating our global success in the US as quickly as we have hoped, and I want you to know I share your frustration and take responsibility for that. I agree with you that our product is strong and with a global NPS of 54 for service and 89 for implementation most of our 1,800 plus clients would agree, but we have adjusted our US go to market strategy and management personnel more than I would like. I am sorry that your experience with the business was clouded with strategic changes, but I hope you were able to see the value of engagement and culture that we promote and try to live ourselves each day and that you can take those learnings to your next opportunity. I would like to believe that senior leadership and I are close to and aware of our opportunities and challenges in all of our markets, and we are open to criticism and change where necessary, but I will take your words to heart and redouble my own efforts to remain close to our people in the US and elsewhere. We will, in fact, continue to make changes until we "have it right", but recent growth and client adoption of our engagement and recognition solutions give me confidence that we are on the right track. Best wishes to you in all future endeavors and thank you again for the review.

"Just the Best"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome, engaging supportive team that lives and breathes its mission day in and day out. We're encouraged to speak up, the environment is laterally supportive, and each and every one of us is working to make the world the best place to work.

Cons

Nothing at all comes to mind, this is where you work to get

February 17, 2020

Hi, it's Doug here. Thanks for your review. It's nice to hear that your experience at RG has been a positive one so far. We do try hard to press our Mission and I see that you are taking it one step further by seeking to make the world the best and not just better...I love ambition. Keep speaking up and letting us know where we can be better. Thank you again.

"YOLKED IN PHONY"

1.0
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Free lunches. Great view of Boston. That is all

Cons

Why would anyone work for this failing company and the fake mission? They sell so much nothing in the US, it's laughable! How do people still have jobs? Relying off the revenue from Europe and Australia of course. The product continues to speak for itself. Drop the numbers for the US, Doug! LOL

September 18, 2019

Hi, it's Doug here. I (we) reply to everyone so, despite my reluctance to engage, I will simply say that I hope that you find a role, a company and a profession that suits you and brings you happiness. Clearly RG was not the right place for you. Best of luck.

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Values and Culture, Helping make the world a better place to work, Smart, kind, and hardworking people, Work-life balance, Great Benefits.

Cons

No cons at Reward Gateway

July 30, 2019

Hi it’s Doug here. I do not know what to say except thank you for your review and I am happy that RG has proven to be a great place for you. I know that when we welcomed your team into the business a year ago we assured you that our commitment to the Mission of Making the World a Better Place to Work was genuine both inside and outside of the company. I am proud to hear that we are living up to our promise so far, and I expect you to continue to push us to maintain that environment.

"Lives its mission"

Current Employee - Marketing in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Reward Gateway part-time for more than a year

Pros

I have never worked for a company who cares more about their people than RG. It is a breath of fresh air to be able work for a company who lives its mission every single day. I get to work with an amazing group of talented people who will do whatever it takes to make the world a better place to work.

Cons

No cons for the RG workforce

March 21, 2019

Hi, it’s Doug here. Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear that your time at RG has been welcoming. Joining a new business through merger or acquisition as you and your local Rochester colleagues did last Summer is always scary and often disruptive, but I was confident that the greater RG would prove to be a hospitable place for you to continue the good work done by Brand Integrity. These are all positive comments and I am happy to hear them, but you know that you can always Speak Up should your experience start to look different or if you have any ideas on how to make RG an even better place to work. Thanks again.

"Best Decision I Ever Made"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time

Pros

The company lives and breathes its mission and company values. Everyone in the office not only cares about their own role but understands the importance of their peer's work. All employees are seen as equal and the company really encourages the value of "speak up". I truly love coming to work every day and love what this company stands for. I always feel supported and encouraged by the team and management. When I took the job, I thought the company was "too good to be true", but everything they promised and said about the company has been true.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any

March 15, 2018

Hi, it's Doug here. Well, I can't really say much other than thank you and I am very happy that your RG journey is going well. You say joining RG is the best decision you have ever made, so we must have made a very good decision ourselves since alignment with the business is critical to our success, and we appear to be making your world a better place to work. Thank you very much for posting such a rewarding review. Cheers

"Sales"

I have been working at Reward Gateway

Pros

The people at RG are genuine and want you to succeed. Incredible benefits package and an employee share plan that brings everyone together for one goal.

Cons

Branching out to the US has been challenging but the company is in a place where the team is set up for success

August 14, 2017Group Reward Director

Thank you for your kind words about the company, it's so good to hear that you feel supported and taken care of through our benefits and share plan. You are true that moving into a new market is and can be challenging, but I agree that the new US team is set up for success and I'm confident they will deliver. Thank you again.

"Truly tries to be the best"

5.0

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Company treats and communicates employees with top priority, really have never seen a place do it the way RG does - Open and flexible work culture that integrates with you - Strong potential to grow career, skills, and responsibilities - Amazing perks and benefits, really trying to be an industry leader here - Always innovating product and adjusting to markets

Cons

- Things change fast, be ready for it and don't be complacent - Training and development can probably use a bit of an overhaul especially for existing employees and managers - If you can't adapt, might not be the best place for you

May 6, 2016CEO

Hello! Glenn here, over in Boston at the moment. Thanks so much for taking time to write the review on Glassdoor, I'm really grateful. It's great that you appreciate Debra's recent work on the benefits review and can see we're really trying to be world class there. The HR team will all love seeing that. I'm glad you also see how important communications and transparency is to us - I'm a bit obsessed about it myself! I'm with you on the training and development too. Rob and Didi have made great inroads with minimal resources allocated but everyone in the Leadership Team and HR Team knows that Learning & Development is our big opportunity for the next 12 months. We've always had lots of intent but we've never managed to really catch up with the scale and needs of the business to get ahead in the professionalization of it. I promise the next 12 months will be different. Right now, the HR team with a little support from me are busy on : 1. Getting the detail down for the recent benefits we launched so everyone can start using them. 2. Sorting out all of the process and paperwork for Employee Share Plan 3 so that can launch as planned on 1st July 3. Writing a new employee handbook that contains everything we've announced and everything anyone would need to understand RG and be a success here. In doing this we're also improving some basic employment terms that we decided weren't good enough. Thats all going to take the HR team until about end of July to finish and then L&D is top priority for us all. Thanks for helping to make RG a great place to work and a great product and service for clients. Have a great weekend, Glenn

"My experience so far at Asperity has been top-notch, and I'm excited for what lies ahead"

I have been working at Reward Gateway

Pros

-Great career advancement -Inspiring and approachable CEO, with a lot of heart and passion -Friendly, warm leaders and staff -Passion is in the air -Excellent culture - rooted in transparency, integrity, hard work, innovation, and fun -Nimble workforce, bureaucracy really doesn't exist at Asperity -Belief in technology - we all have Mac's and are encouraged to try new software -Ownership in responsibilities - employees have high expectations placed on them, and really take ownership and run with it. -Employees can be autonomous in their roles - help is always here, but there's no micro-managing -Great ongoing training and new employee orientation -Receptive to new ideas and input, always -A belief in always striving for the best is in Asperity's DNA - in everything we do, we look for better ways of doing it -No ego's - friendly, humble, and happy to help out -Strong internal communications - despite being global, it's obvious that Asperity leadership has placed great priority on making sure all employees stay up to date on what's going on across offices and stay connected. We use FaceTime, video conferencing, our in-house TV program, and our quarterly business update, which is recorded at our HQ and shared across our international offices

Cons

-Because we move so fast, clarity on what we should be focusing on is often unclear -Growing pains of a company expanding rapidly and scaling internationally do exist, however they are quickly addressed -The workforce is quite young, which can sometimes feel too relaxed and exclusionary -No drinks provided at the office, other than soda, and no snacks are provided -Sometimes offices outside of London are not taken into account when making a decision or building a process -No formal training on our competitors and how we stand out in the landscape

September 17, 2013Group People Director

Hi Thanks for posting. I'm really pleased that you are loving your job so much. I'm assuming you're not in London or Sydney - contact me directly with your ideas around your "cons" and we'll see what we can work out! Tracy

Found 168 reviews