Reward Gateway Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Reward Gateway Founder & CEO Glenn Elliott
Glenn Elliott

Pros
  • There are lots of great aspects of working for Reward Gateway (RG) (in 19 reviews)

• It's fast paced and there's always something new to learn (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • There are very few downsides to working at Reward Gateway (in 11 reviews)

• It's so fast paced that sometimes you don't have time to think (in 9 reviews)

"Great Company, Great Career Opportunity, Great Time!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time

Pros

An established business, great program and a culture that allows you to develop while having a great time. Avoids all the corporate "smoke and mirrors" and what you see is exactly what you get. The management genuinely cares about your progress and success. From one-on-one interaction with the CEO to working directly with the account managers you never question where you stand or what direction the company is going. And it is going on to GREAT things.

Cons

Tough market because completely challenges what the perceived value of a discount program is within the United States. If you want to succeed - you need to put in the hard work to do so. (weak con - but that is pretty much it)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - stay transparent. This company is going to continue to grow fast and success is going to come quickly. Don't let it change the awesome culture!

Sep 17, 2013 – Group People Director

Hey Thanks for taking the time to post on Glassdoor. I'm glad you're enjoying your new role and appreciate our real open and honest culture. Love the fact you love it too! Tracy

"Not your average 9-5. It's a challenge, but I love working here!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great career opportunities, including international secondments
    Employee Share Scheme
    Encouraged to develop and given the support to do so
    The people are great - really fun, young team. We work hard, play hard! Everyone is very ambitious and really wants to succeed.
    One of a kind CEO - very inspiring.

Cons

Internal communications have been a problem in the past but we've put lots of measures in place to make this better now. We're definitely getting there!

Advice to Management

Keep being open and honest

Sep 17, 2013 – Group People Director

Thanks for posting to the outside world!! Communication across 3 continents will always be a challenge - we just all need to be flexible and make the effort to reach out - and respond! You do a ... More

"Fast paced work for a world class company; for people who want to be proud of what they are part of!"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity
    Asperity has a proven success in the UK and Australia and is now in the US. It is such an exciting time for us as a company and for any employee who is part of this.

Management/ Leadership
    The management and leadership are inspiring, ambitious and hard working. This drip feeds into the whole company and a culture has been born. There is a tendency to give employees a large amount of freedom with their work - you are expected to rise to the challenge but support is always there. There is an Asperity way of doing things - innovative, honest and always moving forward. This is something that comes straight from the leadership through their conduct and communication.

Culture
    Asperity is work hard, play hard. We love coming to work and will work hard to maintain that. Despite freedom to grow as an individual professionally, we work as a team. We are small at the moment so everyone gets involved when needed. At Asperity people come first.

Product
    We sell, manage, maintain and grow a world class product. It is refreshing to be a part of this and to make your mark as, wherever in the company you work, feedback is consistently asked for and taken on board.

Cons

Asperity is growing rapidly; the future is unclear in terms of expansion and job opportunities. All we know is that it is going to be positive and it is going to be big! Lots of people would not see this as a con but it means you need to be dynamic, adaptable and passionate - willing to take on new responsibilities and think for yourself a large majority of the time. For me this is actually a pro but it is not for everyone and it is something to bear in mind.

And sometimes we run out of Diet Coke!!

Advice to Management

Stay open in your communications and plans for the business. We've got an exciting time ahead.

Also - buy more Diet Coke :).

Mar 17, 2013 – Group People Director

Thanks for your feedback - I believe there's diet coke, homemade beer and lots of sweeties there now?! Tracy

"Truly tries to be the best"

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Company treats and communicates employees with top priority, really have never seen a place do it the way RG does
    - Open and flexible work culture that integrates with you
    - Strong potential to grow career, skills, and responsibilities
    - Amazing perks and benefits, really trying to be an industry leader here
    - Always innovating product and adjusting to markets

Cons

- Things change fast, be ready for it and don't be complacent
    - Training and development can probably use a bit of an overhaul especially for existing employees and managers
    - If you can't adapt, might not be the best place for you

Advice to Management

Make sure that you are always looking to grow and develop current employees/leavers before looking to bring someone new in.

May 6, 2016 – CEO

Hello! Glenn here, over in Boston at the moment. Thanks so much for taking time to write the review on Glassdoor, I'm really grateful. It's great that you appreciate Debra's recent work on the ... More

"My experience so far at Asperity has been top-notch, and I'm excited for what lies ahead"

Pros

-Great career advancement
    -Inspiring and approachable CEO, with a lot of heart and passion
    -Friendly, warm leaders and staff
    -Passion is in the air
    -Excellent culture - rooted in transparency, integrity, hard work, innovation, and fun
    -Nimble workforce, bureaucracy really doesn't exist at Asperity
    -Belief in technology - we all have Mac's and are encouraged to try new software
    -Ownership in responsibilities - employees have high expectations placed on them, and really take ownership and run with it.
    -Employees can be autonomous in their roles - help is always here, but there's no micro-managing
    -Great ongoing training and new employee orientation
    -Receptive to new ideas and input, always
    -A belief in always striving for the best is in Asperity's DNA - in everything we do, we look for better ways of doing it
    -No ego's - friendly, humble, and happy to help out
    -Strong internal communications - despite being global, it's obvious that Asperity leadership has placed great priority on making sure all employees stay up to date on what's going on across offices and stay connected. We use FaceTime, video conferencing, our in-house TV program, and our quarterly business update, which is recorded at our HQ and shared across our international offices

Cons

-Because we move so fast, clarity on what we should be focusing on is often unclear
    -Growing pains of a company expanding rapidly and scaling internationally do exist, however they are quickly addressed
    -The workforce is quite young, which can sometimes feel too relaxed and exclusionary
    -No drinks provided at the office, other than soda, and no snacks are provided
    -Sometimes offices outside of London are not taken into account when making a decision or building a process
    -No formal training on our competitors and how we stand out in the landscape

Advice to Management

Think globally, and keep communications strong.

Sep 17, 2013 – Group People Director

Hi Thanks for posting. I'm really pleased that you are loving your job so much. I'm assuming you're not in London or Sydney - contact me directly with your ideas around your "cons" and we'll see ... More

6. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my opinion, RG is currently going through one of the most exciting times since I joined. I feel we finally have the right people in the right places, to make something truly special happen. It took a while for business leaders to realise that change was needed, but my faith has been fully restored in the past year!

Having a CEO that will pull up a seat next to you and go about his day in ANY of our global locations, a VP of Sales that will spend an hour coaching you, whenever needed and a Group Product and Customer Success Director that has a “Get %$&£ done” attitude, all equate to why RG will go places that nobody else can.

One of the biggest assets to RG, is the culture. You will find no other place like here. Yes, this is speaking from experience. Working for a business where you are encouraged to speak up, has massively helped highlight any cracks that appear as the business grows.

If the ESS scheme didn’t exist, I’d still be just as happy, however working for a business that helps you to plan for key life milestones, is unique.

The wellbeing pot has played a large part in helping me achieve some personal goals too!

Cons

Sometimes it’s incredibly hard to switch off. Working for RG, you live and breathe Employee Engagement (which isn’t too bad).

Since promoting lots to new manager roles, there seems to be a slight breakdown in communication, which can be frustrating.

Not enough staff social events (doesn’t need to be expensive social outings!) For a millennial business, I feel this is a vital ingredient to maintain the culture.

Advice to Management

Everything is incredibly fast paced, sometimes this creates far too many communications that we need to keep up with, alongside our day job. In such a fast-paced environment, it’s understandable there is lot's to be communicated, however it can sometimes be daunting if you miss something. Maybe a fixed time, each day for updates to go out? (

7. "Not a happy place to work at lately."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plovdiv (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employer of choice for young moms in Bulgaria (maternity time off is very attractive and brings you closer to the shares allocation in no effort).

Cons

Has people "hanging in" just to get to the next shares allocation.
    Lot's of "planned" change going on at the moment in the Support team with no definite answers provided which has started to push people away and we already have one good manager leaving.

Advice to Management

Think well when you bring new people in, especially when they have to run senior jobs.
    Culture used to be something you count on, but is clear that you no longer do so. External senior managers (SMs) bring their own culture and run things in a non-RG way.
    Plan change well and communicate along the way, and do not put people in front of the change expecting them to understand what you had planned would work well (especially when you lack understanding of processes and procedures).
    You rely on first-line managers too much without making sure they actually are fit for their job. (Some of them are even given the opportunity to go further in the company.)
    You do not "grow" your managers - at least we haven't seen anything done for them to support them in their daily challenges. You need to have regular assessment for these people and to also provide adequate feedback to them.
    Speaking up is something people do a lot of lately, but senior management "shuts down email chains" which has made many people doubt what SMs are up to. A bit of lost faith is what you can sense amongst some people, but they will hang in for the next exit.

Jun 21, 2017

Hi there, it is Rob here, I asked Glenn if I could respond to your review. First of all, thanks for taking the time to let me know how you are feeling. I think the ‘planned change’ you are ... More

8. "Great company where people thrive to contribute and be at their best every day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plovdiv (Bulgaria)

Pros

A fast paced company where everyone has a chance to choose how they contribute to the shared mission and goals; where people take responsibility and ownership of their work, and where collaboration and diversity are valued.

Cons

Sometimes not every employee's opinion is heard and taken into consideration (or so it seems) even though the Speak Up value is often promoted. I know there are people that feel that their voice isn't heard, and there are some that don't think they can share honest opinion. Communication is sometimes slow to reach the bottom line and people wait for news to be shared for much longer than one would expect from a company where the belief is that news should be shared as early as possible.

Advice to Management

We have inspiring leaders and managers, and my advise to them would be to lead by example more and rely more on our values to guide them in their decisions. Trust their employees to do their best work, and give them feedback often, also don't forget to ask for feedback and listen to what they have to say. Be more transparent with decisions that are being made and the reasons behind them; it'll help people believe in them more and feel like a part of the decision.

Jun 8, 2017 – CEO

Hi there it's Glenn here. Thanks for the review and sorry for the slow reply, I was on holiday last week. From what you've said you know that communication both up and down and across is really ... More

"Great Company that is Actually Trying to Improve"

Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Plovdiv (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great Atmosphere to work in - all around the globe there are bright and talented, easy to work with people. I've been only in the Plovdiv office, but regardless of the floor you go to you can see that there is no tension, no outbursts and everyone, for the must part loves their job.
    -Transparency - The plans of the company and the direction we are heading is always clear and although we are constantly changing, you know what is coming and you can easily adapt. Everyone is literally one click away regardless of your position within the company. You can talk to your colleagues or to the CEO or anyone from the leadership team and they would have time for you.
    -Constant desire to improve - You can see that the company actually tries its best to change the areas we, the employees of RG dislike. There is the value "Speak Up", there are tons of portals, meetings and seminars to share YOUR thoughts and they will be heard. I am surprised with the fact that people decide to wait to leave and then send a negative review in Glassdoor or twitter or an email or whatever when they decide to skip all those times they can help to do the changes they want. Even here, you can scroll all the review and you'd see the CEO personally answering each one of them, imagine what would have happened if you said a word when you were here. Not always the things we want can be given to us, but seeing the people who can make that change try is more than enough. Also people from the LT frequently visit all offices around the globe and you can always talk to them and they will listen to you. I've spoken to almost everyone from the LT face to face when they were in BG and they are human too so you can talk to them, don't just ignore your own problems.
    -Multiple benefits, although some of them are not active in Bulgaria, still more than what most companies would offer. Furthermore the company tries to implement the ones that aren't available here.
    -Ability to grow - If you truly have the desire to improve yourself, the company would allow you to do it. There are a tons of benefits you can use to do that - you have the wellbeing, you have the book club and other means to get you the skills you need to get the position you want. Sure, it can take a couple of tries but you definitely have the ability to do it, as long as you want it and put the work in it.

Cons

-The only con I can think of is the payment and the transparency in it. I am aware that some departments are paid well and some aren't, also it is down to your personal position. I know that even in Bulgaria there are companies that complete share their employee's salaries and give you a list of skills or requirements for you to get so you can get paid a certain amount. In here you have no visibility over other people's salaries which is good and bad, but people usually talk and discuss them. I feel like if you consider such strategy in the future it may be beneficial. By no means RG pays bad or low, it pays average or maybe a little bit above average for the majority of the positions. I think that a substantial increase is needed at least for some departments to keep to people happy and employed for a longer time. I can see that things in that area are changing for the better already in some departments but I just hope it does for more.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye to the middle management. In some departments the management team just needs more training or direction to lead their teams to and the means to keep them happy. I think that there is definitely a room for improvement there. Also please take the advice about the payments. If you went through all the review you'd see that this is the most mentioned thing that they have in common and this is not a coincidence. I understand it is a really hard area and it needs work on but it also absolutely needs improvement.

Apr 25, 2017 – CEO

Hi there, Glenn here in Boston. Thanks so much for the review and sorry it's taken me a week to respond - I did read it on the day it came in butI had a slightly hectic week and didn't get to reply ... More

"Friendly and professional. You could rely on Company"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Plovdiv (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Reward Gateway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent working conditions. Young and friendly colleagues. 35 day Holiday. Bonuses are more then perfect, Wellbeing bonus, Food and snacks and many more.

Cons

Have not found so far

Advice to Management

Keep the good work