Reyes Beer Division "free beer" Reviews | Glassdoor

Reyes Beer Division Employee Reviews about "free beer"

Updated Oct 8, 2019

3.1
Reyes Beer Division CEO Tom Day (no image)
Tom Day
Pros
  • "Unique industry, good co-workers, free beer(in 11 reviews)

• "such a fun culture and a great organization to grow with, greta benefits and great team members(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work life balance is not where it should be(in 7 reviews)

• "long hours (minimum 48hr work week) with no overtime pay for salaried non-bargaining employees(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "free beer"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Work Environment"

I have been working at Reyes Beer Division full-time

Pros

Great hours. Great atmosphere. Great opportunities for advancement.

Cons

same free beer on holidays

Reyes Beer Division2017-07-07

"stay away"

Former Employee - Merchandiser

I worked at Reyes Beer Division full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

lots of overtime free beer mosly coors light

Cons

this company doesn't care about you

Reyes Beer Division2019-10-08

"Embarrassing"

Former Employee - Operations in San Diego, CA

I worked at Reyes Beer Division full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Unique industry, good co-workers, free beer.

Cons

HR driven. useless initiatives that interfere with workday i.e. POET, Cheers Cards, endless committees, "voluntold" for company event participation, weak management regionally (Mike Vaca)& locally (Dean McMillan). Employee Engagement & local surveys are coached to ensure the "correct" answers are submitted. 55-60 hour weeks so no work life balance.

Advice to Management

Remove HR from the operational direction. Employees need to be led rather than appeased. Too many good employees frustrated by HR & corporate interference. Stop making numbers on the backs of your supervisors. Bring Duke Reyes back to the west coast to replace the current brother who makes people uncomfortable when he speaks.

Reyes Beer Division2019-04-25

"Worst company ever"

Current Employee - Account Manager (Sales) in Ventura, CA

I have been working at Reyes Beer Division full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free beer is the only thing I can say. It’s not even good beer.

Cons

I’m writing this review because there is a big push at work to get our Glassdoor reviews “positive”. We have been voted “best employer to work for” and several other adwards by several organizations. But the truth is when we fill out these surveys we do them in small groups. With a supervisor at each table watching us fill out the survey. So they can see who is writing in the “wrong section”. RBG may hav good “ values” but these values are not followed by management especially at allied Ventura. We are underpaid, treated unfairly, & belittled on a constant basis. We the salesmen are treated like third class citizens. Our drivers are spoiled and waited on hand & foot because our president doesn’t want them to go union. Don’t ever bring up anything constructive that would go against status quo. Even if it’s a great idea. They don’t wanna hear it. The only people that are treated worse are our customers. It’s sad a large company like this has a bad culture like allied. But that’s the problem with privately owned companies they don’t have to answer to stock holders. Two thumbs down.

Advice to Management

Treat your people like you would like your children, mother, or those you love treated. Stop the culture and vicious circle of mental abuse.

Reyes Beer Division2018-05-18

"Inside Sales Representative"

I worked at Reyes Beer Division full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free beer & merchandise. Nice building. Good cafeteria. Young professional employees. Fun outside work events. Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 2 beer maximum at company bar.

Cons

Management is god awful - they are always right in every circumstance, rarely EVER take their employees advice or trust their insight on anything. HORRIBLE commute to Rosemont, not in Chicago. PTO is rarely ever approved due to “blackout scheduling”. They suck you in with throwing free beer & merchandise at you meanwhile not rewarding employees with their hard work by raises or incentives aside from alcohol. Management says they promote career development however rarely ever provide opportunities for that because the workload to too big. Forcing smaller business to have minimum orders or be put on once a month orders (some people can’t afford this). Management blames the account supervisors for errors in order scheduling, and mistakes within orders even when that fires the person isn’t the person taking the order.

Advice to Management

Trust the insight of your employees who work hard for you day in and day out. If you ask us for more participation, filling out surveys, etc.... why not listen. Give raises to employees who work hard and stay true to your word as management instead of hiding behind closed doors. I whole fully regret wasting an entire year of my life moving to Chicago and working for this company.

Reyes Beer Division2018-04-13

"TERRIBLE"

I worked at Reyes Beer Division full-time for more than a year

Pros

Literally free beer and that's it

Cons

Everything. Do not work here ever

Advice to Management

Grow up

Reyes Beer Division2017-09-12

"Novelty wears off quickly for Shared Services in Huntington Beach"

I have been working at Reyes Beer Division full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun place to work at first, I mean who doesn't like to work around beer? They have a company bar open during certain hours that will satisfy your thirst. Top of the line gym for those that like to work out before or after work. Free beer every holiday, but don't get too excited, they only give us peasants in shared services their cheapest offering while operations and sales gets the good stuff. Thanks for the canned cat urine guys!

Cons

Come join the Shared Services team where the work is menial and no opportunities for advancement. Want to become a manager or director one day? Better move to sales or ops because the company doesn't even look for talent on this side of the business. They just want you to show up and do your work without causing drama. Want a raise? Management will say too bad and will give you a breakdown on how much the company is paying you through your mediocre benefits just to shut you up. Need help from your managers? Better look elsewhere because they don't know what you do on a daily basis to offer any help. But hey, at least you can pretend like you know what you're doing and everything gets swept under the rug! Cheers to that!

Advice to Management

Culture change is needed. Just because there's a bar and a gym here does not make you the best places to work in orange county.

Reyes Beer Division2017-08-07

"Worst position I have ever had in my life"

I worked at Reyes Beer Division full-time for less than a year

Pros

free beer and that's it. This place is horrible and the managers are completely awful. Do not work here. They will try to suck you in with the pay, but it is awful.

Cons

If you want to sit on the phone for 8-9 hours a day and have people yell at you the entire time than this is the right job for you.

Advice to Management

Stop favoritism and act like adults

Reyes Beer Division2017-04-26

"DONT DO IT"

Former Employee - Merchandiser & Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Reyes Beer Division full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get free beer for every holiday, discounts at breweries and beer events. I wouldn't say theres much more to like..

Cons

As much as they preach work/life balance, there really isnt any if you're working here. Also they expect you to be okay with this, you're looked down on if you can't work a 6th day or do more OT. Constant turnover from top to bottom, I've been told they manage money and time then their employees by management. It's too stressful, just not worth it.

Advice to Management

Provide better training, especially in sales. You guys throw people out to the wolves with no experience and then are shocked to see why turnover is so high.

Reyes Beer Division2017-04-14

"Great Company with Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Reyes Beer Division full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great benefits, good work-life balance, bar on site, fun employee events, great coworkers, free beer to take home for your family at every holiday etc. You really feel like you're part of a family that has your back. If you're ambitious and work hard, you will be promoted. Most of the leadership in the whole company started out in entry level positions and worked their way up.

Cons

It is a very large company, can feel corporate.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, and keep growing to get better!

Reyes Beer Division2016-12-20